Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A king burns his title

245

Comments

  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Kyleran said:
    Yeah, can't fathom why the king burned his title,  seems like a dumbass move to me.

    In another kingdom 3 of 7 councilors quit the leadership but it appears the queen still reigns firmly on the throne.

    Again not many solid details, allegations of besmirched reputations and all that.
    Maaaan i might just join the forums.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2019
    AnOldFart said:
    lahnmir said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Mendel said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

    And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

    So now those cry babies can do what they want and Dragor can do his own thing.


    That's all totally my words and not his btw
    If they sell this guy's kingdom, it will be a case where someone loses something they paid for in a manner not specifically in the game's intended rules.  He *should* keep his kingdom and be able to join the game at a later date.  After all, SBS is going to keep his money.



    It's what he wanted. 

    He got a doubly duchy which in monetary value was the same of very close
    Hey man, I used to do double Dutch regularly when I was young, it was awesome and I didn’t have to pay dime. Ohh, wait.....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Er not that funny tbh. 
    Bit childish really
    Ahh well, I can’t win them all I guess. Though, truth be told, I think a simple childrens game of rope skipping will provide more entertainment then this game ever will. And I honestly hope I am wrong about that but seriously doubt it.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranAnOldFartManWithNoTan[Deleted User]HatefullGobstopper3Dwanderica
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    AnOldFart said:
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

    And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

    So now those cry babies can do what they want and Dragor can do his own thing.


    That's all totally my words and not his btw
    This is what happens when you buy your leadership position with real money.

    It’s the first but certainly not the last example.
    Just wait until the game launches and "leadership" is too busy circle jerking in chat to actually attend to their "duties."

    The entire premise behind the societal structures in this game indicate a baffling lack of foresight.
    AnOldFartMendelHatefullEponyxDamor

    image
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.


    Such people should all send that money to me. I will put it to good use, and that use will not be to crown myself King. 
    KyleranAnOldFartMadFrenchieManWithNoTanTorrskHatefull

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.


    Such people should all send that money to me. I will put it to good use, and that use will not be to crown myself King. 
    Virtual king of a virtual kingdom that doesn't actually exist, to be specific. ;)
    Amathe

    image
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.


    Such people should all send that money to me. I will put it to good use, and that use will not be to crown myself King. 
    Virtual king of a virtual kingdom that doesn't actually exist, to be specific. ;)
    You left out virtual game
    MadFrenchieAmathePingu2012MendelHatefull

    All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.


    In another game I made a comment about spending 10 or 20K on a game and a guy replied by posting pics of the plane he had just bought and the stewardesses they had loaned him while he flew back to his home city.  If you have millions in the bank 10K would be just a part of the daily interest earned probably.  Now being the guy who got a second job to buy 20K worth of digital goods in a game would be a different story.
    AnOldFartHatefull

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    AnOldFart said:
    Have to agree when your nobles are p2w they will be expectant cry babies.

    I'm still planning on giving up my barony in the first 6 months of the game (if it ever gets released). Does that make me:
    1) stupid
    2) cry baby
    3) generous
    4) a muppet
    If it is your wish then hard to pass judgement.  I admit I do not understand it in the least as it does seem like a waste of money on your part.  I honestly have zero expectation the game will release and if it does it will not be what was expected.  Caspian has shown to much incompetence to lead a team to successful completion imo.
    I wanted everything but the baron title that was in the package lol
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    ...  Caspian has shown to much incompetence to lead a team to successful completion imo.
    I will call Jeromy Walsh "Caspian" once he has earned the right to be known by a "tag". Until then, he's just another random wannabe game developer.

    All he's really demonstrated so far is some talent for creative writing and not accepting responsibility for any bad decisions...
    Slapshot1188
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited May 2019
    ...  Caspian has shown to much incompetence to lead a team to successful completion imo.
    I will call Jeromy Walsh "Caspian" once he has earned the right to be known by a "tag". Until then, he's just another random wannabe game developer.

    All he's really demonstrated so far is some talent for creative writing and not accepting responsibility for any bad decisions...
    He’s demonstrated the ability to sketch out  engaging systems. That’s far more than all but 2 or 3 devs have been able to do over the last decade. *tips hat*

    Now if these systems can be put in a functioning game, we’ll have a classic. Player driven, evergreen content.


    Slapshot1188
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    AnOldFart said:
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

    And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

    So now those cry babies can do what they want and Dragor can do his own thing.


    That's all totally my words and not his btw
    Honestly that doesn't seem much better. If it was just his dukes having a good old cry and not the majority of his community. He should have just told those cry babies to suck it up. Not just screw over the rest of his community for a few dickheads. 

    Now if he wanted out of it awhile back, well surely he would have left awhile back. Not pulled this last minute change. From my understanding, it was common knowledge he would be last pick. While EU overall generally disliked the Kypiq. So surely anyone could have seen that he would be stuck with that kingdom spot.

    Oh well, nothing like SBS making more money off this drama.
    Slapshot1188
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited May 2019
    Torrsk said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

    And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

    So now those cry babies can do what they want and Dragor can do his own thing.


    That's all totally my words and not his btw
    Honestly that doesn't seem much better. If it was just his dukes having a good old cry and not the majority of his community. He should have just told those cry babies to suck it up. Not just screw over the rest of his community for a few dickheads. 

    Now if he wanted out of it awhile back, well surely he would have left awhile back. Not pulled this last minute change. From my understanding, it was common knowledge he would be last pick. While EU overall generally disliked the Kypiq. So surely anyone could have seen that he would be stuck with that kingdom spot.

    Oh well, nothing like SBS making more money off this drama.
    I think and again I'm making a few assumptions, they gave been whining for a while and he got fed up, although it was also mentioned since my last post that RL also caught up and he is too busy to run the kingdom and would rather not gave the grief.

    Tbh I think it's fun, a but if chaos and drama never hurt anyone. Let's hope the game is such a cluster fuck if it releases
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.


    Such people should all send that money to me. I will put it to good use, and that use will not be to crown myself King. 
    Virtual king of a virtual kingdom that doesn't actually exist, to be specific. ;)
    And yet they STILL manage to turn it into a complete shit storm of idiocy.

    If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

    In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    AnOldFart said:
    I think and again I'm making a few assumptions, they gave been whining for a while and he got fed up, although it was also mentioned since my last post that RL also caught up and he is too busy to run the kingdom and would rather not gave the grief.

    Tbh I think it's fun, a but if chaos and drama never hurt anyone. Let's hope the game is such a cluster fuck if it releases
    I could understand RL playing a part. As a count myself, I doubt I would even have time for that. No idea how anyone higher would be able to do it. Having mutli domains, just seems even harder. Of course being busy now and being busy whenever the game comes out, which for all we know could be 5+ years. 

    While I don't overly care about it one way or another. I still think it's shameful. Just as a last minute move. Unless as I said, his community overall were complaining about it. Which is still doesn't make any sense. If they all cared about tribes that much, they all should have never joined up with a kingdom in the first place.
    Kyleran
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Torrsk said:
    AnOldFart said:
    I think and again I'm making a few assumptions, they gave been whining for a while and he got fed up, although it was also mentioned since my last post that RL also caught up and he is too busy to run the kingdom and would rather not gave the grief.

    Tbh I think it's fun, a but if chaos and drama never hurt anyone. Let's hope the game is such a cluster fuck if it releases
    I could understand RL playing a part. As a count myself, I doubt I would even have time for that. No idea how anyone higher would be able to do it. Having mutli domains, just seems even harder. Of course being busy now and being busy whenever the game comes out, which for all we know could be 5+ years. 

    While I don't overly care about it one way or another. I still think it's shameful. Just as a last minute move. Unless as I said, his community overall were complaining about it. Which is still doesn't make any sense. If they all cared about tribes that much, they all should have never joined up with a kingdom in the first place.
    Most joined Dragor when he was going to be the first king pledged, turns out though being the first meant nothing for pick order, just the size of your wallet. Which IMHO was wrong. 

    Most joined Nirath and coe before the stupid fantasy tribes were announced, most stayed in Nirath due to community when last pick was announced. Most stayed when we were given kypiq/waerd lands, I mean the two worst tribes, at least we had a neran biome. 

    Then came kingdom breakdowns, the biomes descriptions stated kypiq were the majority in mixed leaf forest (neran biome) and people moaned, then the kingdom tribe breakdown came and said kypiq were 50+% of the kingdom which people were furious about. 

    So loads of moaning etc

    Then it turns out that the breakdown pie charts were based on the % in each biome but not taking into consideration population density... 
    By then too late Dragor decided not for him... 

    Tldr
    SBS screwed giving the info, people misassumed, dragor got pissed and hey presto no king

    Again my interpretation of what I read nothing more
    KyleranTorrsk
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,966
    edited May 2019
    Can I mention PBEM again? :)

    I don't want to sound like a one track record but a system for handling players that pull out is essential for this sort of game. I am going to assume the CoE response to this will be to try to create a software tool to sort this out if it happens again (that seems to be their default position for any issue). This is just the sort of thing you do by hand and was sorted out in PBM and PBEM games in the 90's.

    Here you would put the Kingship up for grabs, with each duke of that realm having first option and then if the player leaving did not express an opinion do a random selection from the dukes. If no dukes were up for it, you open it out to a wider but still restricted set of players, finally open it to whoever wants it. You will need a new duke if you choose from that tier, but that's the fairest way to do it.
    Gdemami
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Tbh i think they should give everyone in  Nirath a token and let us elect a new king from our number 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A King in a video game...lmao.
    I would NEVER,absolutely never denounce one person as being better than everyone else nor would i credit them with any title to suggest as such.
    Ev1 knows what the term King means,power,in charge,no thanks,i mmo game to have some fun with others around me,i am not putting anyone on a and pedestal,if anything i would take a sledge hammer and smash that pedestal lol.


    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    AnOldFart said:
    Tbh i think they should give everyone in  Nirath a token and let us elect a new king from our number 
    I'll be surprised if SBS forgos this unexpected "opportunity" for additional monetization. 


    DakeruMendelanemo

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    AnOldFart said:
    Torrsk said:
    AnOldFart said:
    I think and again I'm making a few assumptions, they gave been whining for a while and he got fed up, although it was also mentioned since my last post that RL also caught up and he is too busy to run the kingdom and would rather not gave the grief.

    Tbh I think it's fun, a but if chaos and drama never hurt anyone. Let's hope the game is such a cluster fuck if it releases
    I could understand RL playing a part. As a count myself, I doubt I would even have time for that. No idea how anyone higher would be able to do it. Having mutli domains, just seems even harder. Of course being busy now and being busy whenever the game comes out, which for all we know could be 5+ years. 

    While I don't overly care about it one way or another. I still think it's shameful. Just as a last minute move. Unless as I said, his community overall were complaining about it. Which is still doesn't make any sense. If they all cared about tribes that much, they all should have never joined up with a kingdom in the first place.
    Most joined Dragor when he was going to be the first king pledged, turns out though being the first meant nothing for pick order, just the size of your wallet. Which IMHO was wrong. 

    Most joined Nirath and coe before the stupid fantasy tribes were announced, most stayed in Nirath due to community when last pick was announced. Most stayed when we were given kypiq/waerd lands, I mean the two worst tribes, at least we had a neran biome. 

    Then came kingdom breakdowns, the biomes descriptions stated kypiq were the majority in mixed leaf forest (neran biome) and people moaned, then the kingdom tribe breakdown came and said kypiq were 50+% of the kingdom which people were furious about. 

    So loads of moaning etc

    Then it turns out that the breakdown pie charts were based on the % in each biome but not taking into consideration population density... 
    By then too late Dragor decided not for him... 

    Tldr
    SBS screwed giving the info, people misassumed, dragor got pissed and hey presto no king

    Again my interpretation of what I read nothing more
    So in the end, would it not be better for most folks to ignore what has been said, and wait to see what is eventually delivered (if anything) before making rash decisions?


    AnOldFart

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Torrsk said:
    AnOldFart said:
    I think and again I'm making a few assumptions, they gave been whining for a while and he got fed up, although it was also mentioned since my last post that RL also caught up and he is too busy to run the kingdom and would rather not gave the grief.

    Tbh I think it's fun, a but if chaos and drama never hurt anyone. Let's hope the game is such a cluster fuck if it releases
    I could understand RL playing a part. As a count myself, I doubt I would even have time for that. No idea how anyone higher would be able to do it. Having mutli domains, just seems even harder. Of course being busy now and being busy whenever the game comes out, which for all we know could be 5+ years. 

    While I don't overly care about it one way or another. I still think it's shameful. Just as a last minute move. Unless as I said, his community overall were complaining about it. Which is still doesn't make any sense. If they all cared about tribes that much, they all should have never joined up with a kingdom in the first place.
    Most joined Dragor when he was going to be the first king pledged, turns out though being the first meant nothing for pick order, just the size of your wallet. Which IMHO was wrong. 

    Most joined Nirath and coe before the stupid fantasy tribes were announced, most stayed in Nirath due to community when last pick was announced. Most stayed when we were given kypiq/waerd lands, I mean the two worst tribes, at least we had a neran biome. 

    Then came kingdom breakdowns, the biomes descriptions stated kypiq were the majority in mixed leaf forest (neran biome) and people moaned, then the kingdom tribe breakdown came and said kypiq were 50+% of the kingdom which people were furious about. 

    So loads of moaning etc

    Then it turns out that the breakdown pie charts were based on the % in each biome but not taking into consideration population density... 
    By then too late Dragor decided not for him... 

    Tldr
    SBS screwed giving the info, people misassumed, dragor got pissed and hey presto no king

    Again my interpretation of what I read nothing more
    So in the end, would it not be better for most folks to ignore what has been said, and wait to see what is eventually delivered (if anything) before making rash decisions?


    I suspect the more money spent, the stronger the sense of entitlement ("I paid for this !"). Given that your place in the pecking order is for all intents and purposes dependent on how much money you've spent, it's small wonder that everything creates drama...
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Scot said:
    Can I mention PBEM again? :)

    I don't want to sound like a one track record but a system for handling players that pull out is essential for this sort of game. I am going to assume the CoE response to this will be to try to create a software tool to sort this out if it happens again (that seems to be their default position for any issue). This is just the sort of thing you do by hand and was sorted out in PBM and PBEM games in the 90's.

    Here you would put the Kingship up for grabs, with each duke of that realm having first option and then if the player leaving did not express an opinion do a random selection from the dukes. If no dukes were up for it, you open it out to a wider but still restricted set of players, finally open it to whoever wants it. You will need a new duke if you choose from that tier, but that's the fairest way to do it.
    You keep mentioning PBM and PBEM... you ever play Alamaze?

    All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Geez I wish I had money enough that tossing 10k at a game and then giving away the spot was not a concern.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    AnOldFart said:
    Ok I can tell you,

    I believe he left due to some of his dukes moaning like hell about being kypiq, this was a way of saying "there you go, pick what you want".

    He is taking a double duchy in another kingdom

    He only pledged at king tier to help sbs and for the is hype. He pledged in the first hour of the KS.
    So he would be my kind of player.. bought into it for love of the game.. but has no love for the drama and bullshit of other players.

    Ya know, if they let me buy something like a Evil Undead Fortress, and I could fill it with the bodies of everyone I killed.. I would spend good money for that, and go on a killing spree the first few months of the game.. it would be epic fun. Hell.. I'd also spend money to buy cool shit, just so more greedy ass players would try to kill me.. and play a Lich King in CoE, till ya know.. enough players got together and killed me. or caught me when I was sleeping.
    bcbullyAnOldFart
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizardry said:
    A King in a video game...lmao.
    I would NEVER,absolutely never denounce one person as being better than everyone else nor would i credit them with any title to suggest as such.
    Ev1 knows what the term King means,power,in charge,no thanks,i mmo game to have some fun with others around me,i am not putting anyone on a and pedestal,if anything i would take a sledge hammer and smash that pedestal lol.


    Oooh you said mmo, not mmoRPG. Carry on.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
Sign In or Register to comment.