Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feel a bit ripped off

2»

Comments

• Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,592
    edited July 11
    Still is a great game.  Just have to doube think about buying in early  for future titles . 
    Age of Conan killed subscription games, but after playing ArcheAge, I could see my self buying in ,if I have ever have disposal funds, which I don't atm
    alkarionlog
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,109
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    I once bought a '56 Chevy Belair for $100... I wish I hadn't sold it for $500 :)
     :o  :o :o

*slap*
    I've seen them for sale at auto shows recently for $50,000 plus lol.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 323
    you must not have played and kept up with Destiny 1 or 2 then. Same principal, shell out 40$ per expansion/addon when it first comes out, or wait and buy the pack a while after its been out and get it much cheaper. Just how they are doing things now. 
    That is kind of wehy Archeage is hitting the stride, because all og the content is free, similar to Rift.  As far as I can see Gamgingo hasn't messed with anything..
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,872
    you know you guys could do the best thing ever to stop being milked, STOP BUYING THEY CRAP, done all problems over

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    you know you guys could do the best thing ever to stop being milked, STOP BUYING THEY CRAP, done all problems over

That is were I am atm.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 865
    I'll stay subbed for a month or three, get through each faction's story if they're different enough to hold my interest, and go from there.

I bought the Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild DLC's with Crowns during their 60% off sale, so I'll always have access to those now.

Hopefully, I'll be able to catch some other DLC's 60% off also.

Really liking the bottomless crafting bag that allows me to loot everything...I have a problem.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,084
    I never buy games at launch...That is when they are at their most expensive and they ALWAYS come down in price within a year or two, rarely longer......I didn't think ESO was a very good game but I didn't spend alot on it so no loss.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    Honestly, ESO has been out long enough and has a lot of info that any mistakes are probably a persons own and not that of the game.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,109
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Honestly, ESO has been out long enough and has a lot of info that any mistakes are probably a persons own and not that of the game.
    You'd think that would be the case but ESO is particularly obtuse in their communications of what package gives you what, not to mention that they have many, many times changed the package contents and renamed them and that many 3rd party vendors sell "old stock."

That's before you get into the need to understand the lingo for things like "chapters," "DLC" and what is and isn't included with the optional sub.

In this particular case I think the marketing of the game is very much an additional contributor to confusion.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 442
    "I was doing my same old complaining in chat"

If that is the common occurrence, regular/daily complaining... Just stop playing, doesn't matter what they do you will never like it. Its completely normal for old content to go down in price, it happens with everything there is. When a movie first comes out its usually 20-30 depending on the type you get, a year later its half that. Why should games be an exception?

And also why is it that gamers are the only people confused by this?

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 323
    "I was doing my same old complaining in chat"

If that is the common occurrence, regular/daily complaining... Just stop playing, doesn't matter what they do you will never like it. Its completely normal for old content to go down in price, it happens with everything there is. When a movie first comes out its usually 20-30 depending on the type you get, a year later its half that. Why should games be an exception?

And also why is it that gamers are the only people confused by this?

I think it's just the vocal minority that get confused. 
    LackingMMO