Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it possible that i could do an article for mmorpg.com?

I was wondering if it was possible if I could do an article for mmorpg.com (this would help me get accepted for beta into a game, and help the site) I may or may not beable to do this (not because of site admins though) but if I can I would gladly do a high quality article

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820
    ...on what? You just trailed off and ruined your post.

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Would it possible for me to one also? I always wanted to and it would be really

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

but like what would you put?

"i am an active member of MMORPG.COM?

ask admin....well thats what ur trying to do anyway

but u know waht i meanimage

• GlamderingGlamdering Member Posts: 56

well i dunno where to get contact with admin, i dunno his email.

second,i wanted to know, i could do a story on quite a few of the games in testing, but I was aiming towards Ryzom

i would tell them i'm doing an article for mmorpg.com

or i could say i'm a reporter for mmorpg.com

any other info that u want?

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I've always wanted to do an article but guessed they wouldn't just pick someone at random. But if they did..... I wanna do one! image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Articles are hardcore reviews that are brought to you by our fellow staffsmen.  It's what brings people to a game site, and you must know that if you were given the chance to do this... it could be ridiculed in any manner (just to become a better artcile) i forget the term used for that. constructive critisism maybe.

At any rate, I'll see what I can do! i'll post this up for admin to take a gander at image

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

hehe yea

apply for a spot among the moderators too...

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

u know wut would be kool? if u guys could assign a game for us to write a review on, then we send ours in, and u guys choose the best 1, and we win a spot in a beta or something! :::^D::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    Actually I was thinking about asking this too, because... I have "Creative Writing" next semester, and you have to submit 3 things of writing, no matter what they be to... A magazine, book, newspaper, or website. (although when you do a website you need 2 to count as 1)  And I've heard people say, stick to what you know.  And I think I know a thing or two about games, hahaha.  If you don't let me here I can always use GameFAQs, but I like this site better!

---------------------------------------------
    This message brought to you by Smoofles the fox. Remember kids, he may look cute, but he'd eat you alive if he got the chance...

Jab, low, punch, high, down+fierce, up, jab, low, punch, high, fierce
    Marvel vs. Capcom! (strider)

And now... the KIRBY DANCE!
    <('.'<) (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) (>'.')>

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

we have to do that except to 4 places for accel english. websites sadly dont count though, its just newspapers and magazines it seems. id still be happy to write something for here though. i may be 13, but i can write really good when its something i want to write about.:::^D::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342

I like the idea of gathering a lots of articles then selecting the best one, the winner can get something like, ummm

oh i now a pass to beta test crystal atatrium in the stage 1 image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

woot! hell id do that for free! being in betas is kool. :::^D::

- Unknown Author

I brought this idea by Admin but he hasn't replied yet.

-- How would you like it to have a best review contest?  Whoever wins gets to put their article as a link on another article. Say for instance!

Smokey mount ridge game review!

Blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah

-- Also, check out the winner to the article review, his won against xxx amount of submitters! www.winnerreview...  you know what im talkin about.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN DECIDED, just something to chew on for all of you that want this.

www.mmorpg.com - staff

well... that would be an ok enough award i guess... :::^b:: jk, sounds great!

- Unknown Author

lol that would be great

we should do shadowbane first...

i would write a poem on suicide, and incorporate it

LOL!!!

would it be a game that has a free trial or something? so any1 can play it and review it?

- Unknown Author

No kinks worked out of it yet, it was just an idea in rough form.. so, it would be up to Admin.  He still hasnt replied to my original question.  Just wait and see image

www.mmorpg.com - staff

he is online though....image

hes a very busy man ::=^~::

- Unknown Author

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    as always, but is cool, he keeps this site cool and updated image

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Yeah. He is a very busy man but it seems my questions and Ideas get skipped over a lot.  What can ya do though, it's life! image

www.mmorpg.com - staff

well i have to get a beta in the game to send the reveiw/article

i dun care if i would be rewarded fr doin the article or not, all i want to do is send in a reveiw for the game, no rewards required

I just got finished reading the 2nd page on my topic, and noticed that people were...erm...wanting to also do a reveiw, well anyway i would do this for free, and the game i would like to reveiw is Ryzom i've already submitted to test, but doing this article would greatly improve my chances of testing. Not only that but my article could truly help mmorpg.com become a much more noteable site, due to the fact that our article about them would link our site to theirs VIA reveiws

what are you confused about? i could probably explain it to you

i'm talking about doing a game reveiw for the site, and how it would help the site.

does that explain it?