Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another DDOS shuts them down...

13»

Comments

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    is this game ever going to come out? or are they gonna be another star citizen
    Not really a fair comparison as SC is at least playable with progress shown over time.  SC will never release as the grand vision but at least it is being developed and shown.

COE is more like Greed Monger at this point.  Run by someone who should never be in charge of a game and almost nothing has been shown to prove progress at this point.  Well unless you count the goat ragdoll video
    The feature creep and getting bogged down in less important features does feel like SC, though. 

I'd compare CoE more to that other one... what was it called... where they were selling houses.  The crew actually worked on SC, iirc.  I want to say it was called Revival.
    They were selling a bunch of houses and had a map of the cities where the houses would be, but there was no game ever built.
    Gdemami
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Lokero said:
    Not really a fair comparison as SC is at least playable with progress shown over time.  SC will never release as the grand vision but at least it is being developed and shown.

COE is more like Greed Monger at this point.  Run by someone who should never be in charge of a game and almost nothing has been shown to prove progress at this point.  Well unless you count the goat ragdoll video
    The feature creep and getting bogged down in less important features does feel like SC, though. 

I'd compare CoE more to that other one... what was it called... where they were selling houses.  The crew actually worked on SC, iirc.  I want to say it was called Revival.
    They were selling a bunch of houses and had a map of the cities where the houses would be, but there was no game ever built.
    The developer was called Illfonic and the game they were making was indeed Revival.
    Lokero
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited May 2019
    Shaigh said:
    Lokero said:

The developer was called Illfonic and the game they were making was indeed Revival.
    Did they get their money back? This is the sort of thing that smells so wrong that it is bad for MMO's as a genre and CF as a way of funding games.
    Gdemami
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited May 2019
    Vrika said:
    Well... people are certainly not taking their business elsewhere.

Still can't upload a damn screenshot. 

At 30-Apr-19 the total project income stood at $6,111,616 which is a decent jump from $5,755,476 at 28-Mar-19. With a day/month average of $10,792/$145,975 over the life of the project.

Territory selection has clearly galvanized a lot of interest.
    If day average is $10 792 and month average is $145 975, then that would mean a month has average of 13.5 days.
    Good spot. The £10k daily is the current trend over the past 30 days. The monthly average was over the lifetime. The daily LIFETIME average is £4,866.

In fact, the past month has pushed the LIFETIME daily to its highest level ever.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Shaigh said:
    Lokero said:

Funny coincidence... the lead designer here also held that position with Revival.
    https://massivelyop.com/2016/03/24/revivals-development-has-been-indefinitely-suspended/

KyleranScotGdemamiLokero

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

For those keeping score... site is down again.  Unconfirmed if it's another attack but it seems likely.

Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    For those keeping score... site is down again.  Unconfirmed if it's another attack but it seems likely.

Back up now, if it was, it didn't last long
    AnOldFart said:

Yeah.  Just 25 minutes.  Maybe they figured out a way to quickly counter.

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    AnOldFart said:

Yeah.  Just 25 minutes.  Maybe they figured out a way to quickly counter.

Or Amazon's Smart Shield is actually working
    Slapshot1188
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I don't think I'm willing to go so far as to say that DDoSing CoE is despicable and that whoever is doing it should be tried to the fullest extent of the law.

Maybe I'd say that if the DDoS was against a foundation for the poor or etc, but really?

Out of all the things to bring ethics into, I'd put CoE on the end of the list.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Shaigh said:
    Lokero said:

Funny coincidence... the lead designer here also held that position with Revival.
    https://massivelyop.com/2016/03/24/revivals-development-has-been-indefinitely-suspended/

Nobody is bothered about this?
    Adam Maxwell was lead designer of Revival and now CoE, which share very similar concepts.

In fact CoE seems to be a carbon copy of Revival on paper.

That doesn’t mean anything on itself of course.
    But I wonder, if the lead designer could not ship Revival, what are the chances he is able to release CoE?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Couldn't of happen to a better company. Still, anything that effects a players experience even though the company is crap is still a bad thing to do.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited February 2020
    TEKK3N said:
    Shaigh said:
    Lokero said:

Nobody is bothered about this?
    Adam Maxwell was lead designer of Revival and now CoE, which share very similar concepts.

In fact CoE seems to be a carbon copy of Revival on paper.

That doesn’t mean anything on itself of course.
    But I wonder, if the lead designer could not ship Revival, what are the chances he is able to release CoE?

Nobody is bothered by it? This is a great question you asked. If you go on CoE Discord no one cares about any actual facts like  this. I personally see no path for CoE to be released, absolutely zero chance. Can't wait to see how 2020 pans out for them, although i already know how.

BTW, Revival Online did the same exact thing CoE is doing, selling imaginary land plots and making a shit load of money on it. Problem is eventually people start asking where the damn game is and then that funding dries out. Private investors? CoE is a cash sink cow, no one will give this studios a single penny without introducing strict P2W into the title.