Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online & the Art of Necromancy - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online & the Art of Necromancy - MMORPG.com

In a new blog post on the Elder Scrolls Online site, developers provide readers with a look at necromancy, the new class coming with the Elsweyr expansion this summer. The blog begins with a bit of backstory from Leamon Tuttle, ESO's new Loremaster. According to Tuttle, necromancy "has existed in Tamriel for a long time before the events of ESO, but despite its long history, the practice of necromancy is, broadly speaking, forbidden".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    I left WoW at about the same time as they announced Elsweyr and the new Necromancer class. I thought about heading straight to ESO but decided not to...yet. I have been waiting not-so patiently for its arrival to get started back in ESO. I can't wait! :)
    Quicksand

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    @Imperial-Voice I'm going to split this off into a separate thread since it has nothing to do with the article on Necromancers. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Here is the link to the housing discussion

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/480964/elder-scrolls-online-housing-cost-discussion

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• magentowizardmagentowizard Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I own the huge cave which would be a guild house and I can say that by myself I have been able to fill the house up. 700 items is a massive number of items. There is no way you put 700 items into a guild house and it didn't look filled. Unless you stuffed them all into one room.
  • MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited April 2019
    I can't wait to see @SBFord arrested for raising a corpse in the middle of Morrowind...

I also want to capture the moment on video to be hung in the halls of mmorpg.com for ever and ever.

:D
    BlueThunderBearSBFordScot
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

I own the huge cave which would be a guild house and I can say that by myself I have been able to fill the house up. 700 items is a massive number of items. There is no way you put 700 items into a guild house and it didn't look filled. Unless you stuffed them all into one room.

Whoa man. Congrats on being the only player to ever be able to fill one of those things up. You must be some kind of zen master.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Tying necromancy to the justice system is a nice touch It won't stop people using it in the same way it doesn't stop people doing Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood missions but its a nice touch - and in keeping with ES lore as well.
    Scot
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Think I will just play eso when the necro launches and switch to ffxiv when nee exp launches and hop between games if I like the necro.

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

gervaise1 said:

Tying necromancy to the justice system is a nice touch It won't stop people using it in the same way it doesn't stop people doing Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood missions but its a nice touch - and in keeping with ES lore as well.

Im hoping they tie the vampire and werewolf to the justice system as well
  • GrimtuthGrimtuth Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Guards can't catch werewolves.
    Iselin
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Anyone else annoyed by the false advertisement of the Necromancer class, as depicted in that trailer?
    bgzgamer