Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Dive Into Final Fantasy XIV? You Can for 50% Off - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageReady to Dive Into Final Fantasy XIV? You Can for 50% Off - MMORPG.com

If you are ready to dive into Final Fantasy XIV, this week is a good week to do so. During the "Golden Week Sale", you can get a copy of the complete edition for 50% off. The complete edition is $29.99 and includes A Realm Reborn and both the Heavensward and Stormblood expansions. If you're just in the market for Stormblood on its own, it is $19.99. The 50% off deals are available for PC, Mac and PS4. The sale runs through May 6th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    I came back month ago, forgot just how good the game is.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • SolfernSolfern Member CommonPosts: 1
    Just returned to ffxiv before 4 days, Last time i played just realm reborn and now I am easily exploring new features added most i like now is golden saucer :)
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    Have messed with the Golden Saucer other than the initial quest
    If is fun?

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Dony07Dony07 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    HRK has the complete FF14 series for 19 euro.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Solfern said:

Just returned to ffxiv before 4 days, Last time i played just realm reborn and now I am easily exploring new features added most i like now is golden saucer :)

Welcome to the boards! :)
  • RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited April 2019
    The deal is great but as a side note. Shadowbringer is just around the corner. (Release Date: July 2nd, 2019)

If you pre order Shadowbringer for 40$ you get all the other expansions included. (Sadly, you only get this expansions on july 2nd afaik)
    You only need the base game for 20$

With this discount for 30$ you get up to Stormblood, minus the next expansion.

Personally, I would rather buy the base game, see how the game is and consider if is worth another 40$ for the complete game. If not, you save 10$.
    Take in consideration that gameplay and story wise the game is far better starting after the base game but you still get an idea.
    If you do enjoy it, you spent 60$ for the complete game but at least you can play the end game content (lvl 80, 2 new classes, 2 new races, new areas etc)
    If you already have the base game (old purchase, twitch prime etc) or you find a better deal for it. Buy the next expansion, this discount is not worth it unless ofc you don't mind spending another 10$ and not wait for ShB.

Not like 10$ is too much but is worth it if you are in no rush playing FFXIV

Dony07 said:

Not sure where you found that price but in my currency is 17 euro for Stormblood and the base game is 10 euro .

I'd rather buy from the official website for another 3 euro .

SBFord
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    I always think about going back to this game then a screenshot like the one above reminds me why I don't tick around. Wtf.....is....that?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    So happy got Stormblood for 20$ great timing 
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Never look at a moogle the wrong way they will kick you arse  >:)
    o.O

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    Probably one of the most in-depth guides giving approximations on how much mgp per activity (outside of just hearing "Do fashion report and your challenge log):

The main problem with the 2 things suggested is that you have to research if you dont know certain things because certain stuff dont show in your challenge log in gold saucer due to them needing to be unlocked (LoV and Chocobo racing are also on a different floor/map, so its not as obvious to find them). Easy to get the 230k to buy all the stuff for the event within a week without hardcore grinding as long as you you make use of reset timers (like cacpot/fashion report/challenge log, all reseting at different times).

The car is a bit awkward in its movement (personally, I feel like it and the bike were a bit lazy in different aspects when it comes down to integration), but cool none-the-less. 4-seater mount you dont have to really pay for.
    LithosM
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Not even if they paid me to play, FF is one of those series that I scratch my head at and wonder... WTF do people see in it that makes it so popular? 

Good stuff for those that do enjoy it though I guess.
    Viper482TheocritusSBFordSignex[Deleted User]jdnewelldoomex

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Viper482 said:

I always think about going back to this game then a screenshot like the one above reminds me why I don't tick around. Wtf.....is....that?

You mean the moogle king fight?

Ummm…...if you say so lol.
    SBFord
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

You mean the moogle king fight?

Ummm…...if you say so lol.

Pretty much the entire game revolves around balance (unfortunately that comes into play in design as much as it does the story). Various tribes and clans at some point in time have a conflict with the 'balance of power' and try to 'shake-it-up' by summoning a 'representative.' Its the dumbed down version of the story but its pretty much the explanation of summons like ifrit/shiva/titan etc in this FF's universe. The reason why I say balance is pretty bad is because the story ends up being too predictable and so does the content. Every patch has primals/dungeon with every other patch (X.05/X.2/X.4) being being either ilvl increase due to the new raid or the other patch being catch up (X.1/X.3/X.5). When you can predict the content you're going to be getting alongside things being 'cut' in order to make room for 'new content' that tends to fail, it just turns out being a burst game (one you just sub a month for because of the patch or wait until a free log in which is also predictable being sometime after every .05 patch).
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Not even if they paid me to play, FF is one of those series that I scratch my head at and wonder... WTF do people see in it that makes it so popular? 

I tried FFXIV during some sort of free trial...I wanted to explore other areas and it kept saying you can't go there you're quest is in another area.....If the game is that much on rails, then no thanks...Also tried FFXI many years ago and was not impressed with it either.
    Scellow
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

I tried FFXIV during some sort of free trial...I wanted to explore other areas and it kept saying you can't go there you're quest is in another area.....If the game is that much on rails, then no thanks...Also tried FFXI many years ago and was not impressed with it either.

That is only during the Intro. The moment you unlock Airship travel, you can practically go anywhere.

Typical people who tried the game for 10 minutes and start complaining, without bothering to investigate the game a little. /shrug
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Bought a copy back during the Black Friday sale and still haven't used it. I think it's time to actually start this game. Any hope for WoW at this point is gone, so might as well prepare for the expansion and have a fresh start with the veterans.
  • Dony07Dony07 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Rennd said:

The deal is great but as a side note. Shadowbringer is just around the corner. (Release Date: July 2nd, 2019)

If you pre order Shadowbringer for 40$ you get all the other expansions included. (Sadly, you only get this expansions on july 2nd afaik)

You only need the base game for 20$

With this discount for 30$ you get up to Stormblood, minus the next expansion.

Personally, I would rather buy the base game, see how the game is and consider if is worth another 40$ for the complete game. If not, you save 10$.

Take in consideration that gameplay and story wise the game is far better starting after the base game but you still get an idea.

If you do enjoy it, you spent 60$ for the complete game but at least you can play the end game content (lvl 80, 2 new classes, 2 new races, new areas etc)

If you already have the base game (old purchase, twitch prime etc) or you find a better deal for it. Buy the next expansion, this discount is not worth it unless ofc you don't mind spending another 10$ and not wait for ShB.

Not like 10$ is too much but is worth it if you are in no rush playing FFXIV

Dony07 said:

Not sure where you found that price but in my currency is 17 euro for Stormblood and the base game is 10 euro .

I'd rather buy from the official website for another 3 euro .

This is the offer i was talking about but it's only for EU region.
    https://www.gamivo.com/product/final-fantasy-xiv-complete-edition-eu
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

Viper482 said:

The mascot of the series
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Moogle_(race)
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

The story and characters of the original final fantasy games like 7 for example. XIV is using nostalgia to attract people. The old ones were great, now final fantasy look like korean games with bad story telling.