Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite RTS?

2»

Comments

• eoloeeoloe Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Battlezone 1 (rts in 3d where the player is actually present) gave me the best memories. This game was so immersive.

I remember losing a duel against a friend. I got ejected from my anti grav tank and ran for my life. I contacted my base, ordered 5 bombers to take him off. My friend was actively looking for the ejection landing site to finish me off... It was me, running as a walking under geared soldier, against him, in a fast armored anti grav tank full of powerful weapons. I decided to climb a very high mountain. When I reached the top, I jumped in a hole/crater that was there. Just at this very moment, my friend almost ran over me, then his tank fell off the cliff on the other side.
    Then, the cavalry arrived and destroyed him.
    Then I jumped in one of the bombers and went back to my base... ( I ended winning this game).

I have countless stories like that... Very underrated game...

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 720
    Total Annihilation. Nothing like sending 400+ flying units at your enemy. Setting up massive patrols to protect your base. Having proper land, air and water armies. Huge maps to battle on.

Supreme Commander series came close to surpassing it as a spiritual successor.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,328
    Age of Empires.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    lahnmir said:
    I grew up on C&C and Warcraft but Dawn of War and Starcraft knocked it out of the park for me. Afterwards nothing else came along that had peaked my interest, not even the followups to those two beloved games.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I don't remember my first RTS. I remember the map was square and each of the 4 factions was represented by a color. C&C and Starcraft were big ones for me. I loved the art style and format. Before that Romance of the Three Kingdoms (turn-based) was probably my favorite.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,099
    Dune 2 which was basically the WoW of the genre, father of RTS and Grandfather of MOBA. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,957
    Starcraft and Starcraft 2 but I do remember C&C but i was too young when C&C and couldn't game as much as I wanted to. 

I was watching some SCII matches on twitch the other day and I want to go back into it. My usual problem is, no time to play, and last time I played SCII i'd lose a game and smash my mouse. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    first one i played was dune 2 when i was 10.

the one i played and enjoyed the most was warcraft 3 and it's not even close.
    although i believe ~3/4 of my many thousands of hours on warcraft 3 were mostly spent on dota.

a special mention for american conquest which i loved and played a lot too, though nowhere near as much as war3.
    Phaserlight