Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any CoH successors getting close to being playable?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
For those who are following the developing City of Heroes successors, are any of them getting close to being in a playable state?  I think last I heard, Ship of Heroes was the the furthest along.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited April 2019
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Grunty said:
    Yeah, I saw that.  I don't know if I can get into playing on a private server that could shut down at any time, though.
    ScotAlBQuirky
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    edited April 2019
    The other thread is being overun with talk of IP copyright and that kind junk so...
    Asm0deus said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    Wow, seems interesting. I'd definitely go with war mace and spine ripper. Should go well together. Do you need the actual game? 
    "Account creation for the test server is now available. The process to create an account is as follows.

1.) Sign into your score forum account at this link. http://score.savecoh.com/

2.) Once you sign into your forum account proceed to the account creation portion of the website using the following link. https://score.savecoh.com/account/ "

Then you just need to download the client & login via your game account: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12479.0
    Seems like there a problem with creating a game account, it keeps giving an error with "ERROR: Could not connect to the Account Server Gateway. Try again in a few minutes."
    Why hello you handsome devil...since everyone is gone off the deep end far far off topic lets quote ourselves to hopefully get this back on topic which is the code was leaked for COH and that a "new" COH server is opening to the public!  If people want to talk about copyright bla bla bla maybe they can start a thread just about that!

Also
    Asm0deus said:
    cheyane said:
    It's just a  test server so wait for the real thing. This one is for testing plus it has sentinels a class I've never seen and MM had kinetic since when ?

I think they said this is based off the private server which had updates the officail live server never had which included some new content and tweaks or something like that.

Just got on discord.

@everyone UPDATE 4/20/2019 1:40 PM CST The limiters the coders tried to put in place were not working, this means there is currently no population limit to the server. Current Server Stats: 600+ active connections 400+ were trying to connect while the server was still up As of right now the server is offline and is being moved to a new cluster, this means it will be offline until we get the new cluster up and running. The talk around the water cooler is that this new cluster should be better optimized than the previous one. So more of you should be able to get once it is up, this should also provide a more stable experience for those who do get in. At this time we ask that you all simply standby and wait for any more updates, join voice, talk in server channels, keep the community alive! Thank you for attending my TED talk.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Oh guys I don't mean the actual, original CoH.  I mean the new games in development, like Ship of Heroes and...the other ones.  I forget their names.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    Oh guys I don't mean the actual, original CoH.  I mean the new games in development, like Ship of Heroes and...the other ones.  I forget their names.
    Theres City of Titans and Valiance Online.

Ship of Heroes does seem to be the closest to some kind of playability but even then it doesnt look close. Maybe by the end of this year we will finally see an actual beta but not holding my breath.

Also, theres not much point in pursuing this here, people are so focused on recent developments of illegal CoH private servers that any conservation will, and already has, lead to them.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Yeah unfortunately bad timing on your part, everyone is in a tizzy over the released CoH code.
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    You are looking at next year at the soonest, I would think 2021 for sure.
    Mendel
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scot said:
    You are looking at next year at the soonest, I would think 2021 for sure.
    Agree here. I backed City of Titans and they seem to be think maybe 2020 to start beta testing, if I remember correctly :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Ship of Heroes seems to be progressing nicely and they regularly update their progress. I don't expect it this year but next year is plausible. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests