Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Mordhau Team Preps for an April 29th Steam Launch

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Mordhau Team Preps for an April 29th Steam Launch

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited April 2019
    why do i feel like iv played this before ? Also a game like this would really benefit from a Game of Thrones License. Imagine fighting for your "house" of choice with leader boards and constant changing conquest maps over westeros
    AI724AlomarFacelessSaviorMouloxtos85BruceYeegastovski1WalperCryomatrix
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    As someone who still plays Chivalry this is really great news to hear! Been patiently waiting for this game for a while now.
    RexKushmanFacelessSaviorWalper
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Damn that trailer looks awesome. This may be the first game I jump in on the hype train. Usually, I let the cannon fodder try out the game first, but this one may be the time that I volunteer to be cannon fodder.
    Asheram
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

why do i feel like iv played this before ?

Looks like a very nice looking, updated version of the Mount & Blade games to me.
    Sovrathitchmon

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Looks neat. hope combat not too dificult.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2019

Nebless said:

why do i feel like iv played this before ?

Looks like a very nice looking, updated version of the Mount & Blade games to me.

Its made by chivalry players so its more chivalry mechanics not Mount & Blade. I am looking forward to it even though I like Warband more than Chivalry.
    FacelessSavior
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Looks interesting, but when did 64 players mean massive?
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Arskaaa said:

Looks neat. hope combat not too dificult.

I hope the opposite....high skill celling on combat would make this wonderful
    FacelessSavior
    Xodic said:

Alomar said:

64 players is pretty massive for a game that uses real time physics based combat.
    Not really considering Mount & Blade Warband multiplayer seiges can have 200 players. More likely its the higher end graphics that is why this game tops out at 64.
    Alomar
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Xodic said:

Alomar said:

64 players is pretty massive for a game that uses real time physics based combat.

Doesn't matter, it doesn't say massive and compare it to other games of the same genre as you did. It just says "Massive battles", players on an mmorpg focused website keenly know this is anything but massive.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited April 2019
    Looks nice but the rag doll effect are a little over the top.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Alomar said:

Xodic said:

Alomar said:

Doesn't matter, it doesn't say massive and compare it to other games of the same genre as you did. It just says "Massive battles", players on an mmorpg focused website keenly know this is anything but massive.

When 63 other players are trying to bash your face in with a mace trust me 64 players will be enough for this type of game.

BruceYee said:

Alomar said:

Xodic said:

Alomar said:

When 63 other players are trying to bash your face in with a mace trust me 64 players will be enough for this type of game.

Maybe in the br mode if its deathmatch style other wise you mean when 32 players are trying that as team modes are 32v32.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

Asheram said:

BruceYee said:

Alomar said:

Xodic said:

Alomar said:

Maybe in the br mode if its deathmatch style other wise you mean when 32 players are trying that as team modes are 32v32.

And those modes are extremely fun currently in Chivalry.

Daakkon said:

Asheram said:

BruceYee said:

Alomar said:

Xodic said:

Alomar said:

And those modes are extremely fun currently in Chivalry.

I never said they were not fun just not massive, compared to Warband and the upcoming Bannerlord.
    The cool thing also is the price is only $30.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    This looks so damned dorky, and over-the-top. Its like LARP meets Tarantino
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Believable fights: A game where fights look believable, MORDHAU strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.

The fights might be "believable" - but that hideous ragdoll effect needs some serious work, yikes.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Hopefully the ragdoll gets addressed asap.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    looks like fun. will have to check it out.