Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragons Descend Onto the Elder Scrolls Online PTR as Elsweyr Arrives - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragons Descend Onto the Elder Scrolls Online PTR as Elsweyr Arrives - MMORPG.com

If you're looking forward to trying out and testing the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online expansion, Elsweyr, we have good news for you today. The expansion content is now available on the ESO PTR. Players will set off for the home of the Khajiit and get a first look at the return of dragons. In addition, the Necromancer class is up for testing as is the new 12-player Trial, new set items and the base game Update 22 content.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

all they had to do was make Skyrim into an mmo .....

Yeah, and people woulda bitched at that too.
    SovrathWhiskeydustBlueThunderBeargastovski1ScotFolmenOctagon7711
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    ESO combat is so boring... i love all the great content.. i just cant play it because of the spammy, uninteresting combat system
    gastovski1Radoo
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489

Wyverns

FUS RO DAH does not discriminate!
    [Deleted User]SovrathScotFolmen
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99

bgzgamer said:

ESO combat is so boring... i love all the great content.. i just cant play it because of the spammy, uninteresting combat system

could have been the best mmorpg ever released after WoW but combat is so clanky, spammy and repeatitve because of limited usable skills/abilities i stopped playing because of that.
    ZenJellyFolmen
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    edited April 2019

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

could have been the best mmorpg ever released after WoW but combat is so clanky, spammy and repeatitve because of limited usable skills/abilities i stopped playing because of that.

Let me be the devil's advocate here. And let's stick to facts:

How many skills do you use in an average rotation in WoW vs an average rotation in ESO?

comparison is meaningless. when you play for years you just dont stick with similar six plus six usable skills all the time while doing stuff its gets boring after. im not a newcomer for mmorpgs, played alot of them. ff14 skill system is glorious and balanced btw.
    Asm0deusRexKushmanFolmenOzmodan
  • marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

How many skills do you use in an average rotation in WoW vs an average rotation in ESO?

comparison is meaningless. when you play for years you just dont stick with similar six plus six usable skills all the time while doing stuff its gets boring after. im not a newcomer for mmorpgs, played alot of them. ff14 skill system is glorious and balanced btw.

Best Combat system Hands down is FFXIV
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

marcjt20 said:

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

Best Combat system Hands down is FFXIV

Lmao, remind me to never put a single gram of weight behind anything you two have to say.
    RexKushmanFolmen
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited April 2019

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

Not to mention more people currently play ESO than WoW.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

Is there an actual statistic for that or are you just saying that.
    Gorwe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenreck/2017/02/27/3-reason-elder-scrolls-online-now-has-8-5-million-players/

That for one. A little dated but the pop has not dwindled in a tad over a year. While WoWs been declining. Don't have the exact numbers for WoW any longer but last I saw was 6mil.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Thanks for the info about the PTU, there goes my week.
    Dear Division 2, it's not over between us but I have to go away for a few days.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Sovrath said:

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenreck/2017/02/27/3-reason-elder-scrolls-online-now-has-8-5-million-players/

That for one. A little dated but the pop has not dwindled in a tad over a year. While WoWs been declining. Don't have the exact numbers for WoW any longer but last I saw was 6mil.
    nah, if that is the info then World of Warcraft still trumps Elder Scrolls Online as it is just "units sold"

"Firor said that ESO has 8.5 million players based on copies of the game that have been sold."

It's just another way of saying "Elder Scrolls has 8.5 millions accounts made."

Gorwe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Gorwe said:

bgzgamer said:

Whenever I see posters whining about 6 skills it immediately tells me they either have not played this game very much or they are not very conversant in game play.  There are 12 skills that can be used interchangeably as it is very easy to switch between your weapon sets.  Another poster who needs to learn to play .