Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assassin's Creed Unity Artist's Work Could Assist Rebuilding Notre Dame Cathedral - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAssassin's Creed Unity Artist's Work Could Assist Rebuilding Notre Dame Cathedral - MMORPG.com News

After yesterday's devastating fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, officials are beginning to look into reconstruction efforts. One offer of help may come from an artist who worked on Assassin's Creed Unity. Caroline Miousse said several years ago that she spent over two years creating an intricate model of the cathedral, in fact over 80% of her development time was spent doing so.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Phry

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Wouldn't that be something if gaming stepped in to help?!
    mklinicmoshraAsm0deusTacticalZombehinfomatzGobstopper3D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Expecting portraits of Jesus with no face. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh I bet the frenchs are more worried by the price of the repairs then having a way to reproduce, remember the whole place was in restoration, they already have all data for that
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162

Xodic said:

meh I bet the frenchs are more worried by the price of the repairs then having a way to reproduce, remember the whole place was in restoration, they already have all data for that

Billionaires are already pledging money for the rebuild.

Yep, over 600 million euros have already been pledged.
    Asm0deusinfomatzPhry
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    hopefully at least they could try to restore some part of the building, but some the artifacts are not replaceable what a sad day.
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Huge material and cultural losses, I'm so sad about this happened.
    Asm0deusinfomatzPhry
  • KlatideKlatide Member UncommonPosts: 15
    No one here is worried about the price. Actually money is coming from all around the world. A monument being in a country doesn't mean it doesn't belong to whole humanity history. Luckily there is almost no losses in term of artifacts. I'm french, and I mourn the loss of Rio's museum in 2018 more than Notre Dame.

All datas are good to take. Notre Dame de Reims, the cathedral of the kings, was destroyed at 85% in WW1 and reconstructed. Notre Dame de Paris will be repaired whatever happens. There is no huge cultural loss.
  • KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I know the feelings of French people, recently a pretty important and old museum was destroyed by fire here but our Government doesn't allow donations, stupid.
  • AlexanderGallegosAlexanderGallegos Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited March 2020
    This is terrible situation. But this is one of the examples, why some computer games are not just a time killer thing. Student must study hard to make something like this game. Unfortunately, there is not always time and energy to study, so you need to be distracted and engage in your hobby. I like to read books and attend theater. Play “The Crucible” impressed me and I decided to write an essay on a website and help students or those who misunderstood something.
    Post edited by AlexanderGallegos on