Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storm Rising Blows Into Overwatch Tomorrow!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStorm Rising Blows Into Overwatch Tomorrow!

Starting Tuesday, April 16th and running through May 6th, Overwatch players will be able to take part in the latest Archives event, Storm Rising. During the event, players will learn more of Talon's activities in Cuba and can earn some cool skins, sprays, emotes, and much more along the way.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited April 2019
    I have 7000 gold going into this event. Hopefully I can get a couple cool skins. Not big on the PvE stuff in this game but its a nice distraction for a week or so.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Palebane said:

I have 7000 gold going into this event. Hopefully I can get a couple cool skins. Not big on the PvE stuff in this game but its a nice distraction for a week or so.

Your gaming is defined by the amount of gold you are spending, do you realise how much that is distorting your experience of the game? Are we playing games for the game play anymore?
    Psym0nZenJelly
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Scot said:

Palebane said:

Your gaming is defined by the amount of gold you are spending, do you realise how much that is distorting your experience of the game? Are we playing games for the game play anymore?

Not quite sure what your point is? Overwatch events are synonymous with a bunch of new unlocks, which you can earn or buy with gold. Naturally, players will want to unlock these skins etc. to augment the game they're enjoying playing. Otherwise the unlocks would be meaningless?
    ZenJellyPalebane
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Overwatch is still a thing? I figured all its players moved on to Fortnite or Apex.
    ScotZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Lydon said:

Scot said:

Palebane said:

Not quite sure what your point is? Overwatch events are synonymous with a bunch of new unlocks, which you can earn or buy with gold. Naturally, players will want to unlock these skins etc. to augment the game they're enjoying playing. Otherwise the unlocks would be meaningless?
    The normalcy of such events is so ingrained you can't see what issues others might have with it. It is your game, play it as you will, but for some of us this just encourages a gambling community in a game. Games are not meant to be about purchases, gambling, skin economies.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited April 2019

Scot said:

Palebane said:

Lol, calm down. I’ve been playing the game normally and have accrued the gold on purpose to buy skins during an event. I would still play the game if there was no gold and no skins. I was just showing my excitement. It doesn't define who I am as a person or a gamer.
    Games are not meant to be about purchases, gambling, skin economies.

As much as I agree with you, that ship has sailed long ago. Good luck finding an online game that doesn’t do this in some form or another. I don’t condone it, but the other option is to stop playing; So, no. I dont buy the lootboxes often but I sure as hell open the ones that I earn.
    Post edited by Palebane on
    Scot

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.