Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars : Rise of Skywalker

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,047
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.

Comments

• Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,047
    watched 10 times now, tears and goosebumps every time.
    I'm hjere getting goosebumps and chills thinking about the trail.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,240
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Star Wars died for me when Disney got their hands on it.
    JeffSpicoli

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

edited April 14
    AlBQuirky said:
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Star Wars died for me when Disney got their hands on it.
    George Lucas is directly involved in the Rise of Skywalker.  The last two films were amazing, skippping them is a sin to the franchise and fans around the world. Compared to episodes 1,2,3  ; 7,8 are absolutely amazing. Don't skimp on the 3D !
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,005
    edited April 14
    AlBQuirky said:
    George Lucas is directly involved in the Rise of Skywalker.  The last two films were amazing, skippping them is a sin to the franchise and fans around the world. Compared to episodes 1,2,3  ; 7,8 are absolutely amazing. Don't skimp on the 3D !
    7 is nice and entertaining even if more than a bit mindless. I still quite like it.
    8 is...pointless. It seems that JJ is trying to circumvent it as well. It's just a beautifully shot movie with next to no substance. Oh it's also quite heavy on the moralizing side.
    9 seems promising.

R1 has a very nice final act, but it's overall all over the place. I really like it. One of my favorite SW movies.
    Solo is...completely unnecessary. Let's pretend it never happened.
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,240
    AlBQuirky said:
    Wasn't Mr. Lucas also involved in episodes 1, 2, & 3, where "The Force" went from a mystic connection to microbiological science? Dropping his name is not a grand gesture.

But I won't argue with a fan. Just enjoy the movies and I'll pass, thank you :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Gorwe said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    7 is nice and entertaining even if more than a bit mindless. I still quite like it.
    8 is...pointless. It seems that JJ is trying to circumvent it as well. It's just a beautifully shot movie with next to no substance. Oh it's also quite heavy on the moralizing side.
    9 seems promising.

R1 has a very nice final act, but it's overall all over the place. I really like it. One of my favorite SW movies.
    I agree, Rogue was a sleeper hit for the franchise
    Gorwe
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,026
    edited April 15
    I think The Last Jedi would have been better if they cut out all the Space Chase scenes and completely removed Vice Admiral Holdo from the movie. There were just too many things going on in that movie and that part of the movie was superfluous. It also pretty much ruined space battles with the "Holdo Maneuver."
    I think the good parts were the character development of Flynn and Kylo Ren. Rei's training was also crucial to that part of the arch setting up this movie.
    The Last Jedi's lack of critical cutting also hamstrung Solo which was a solid movie beginning, middle and end.
    Gorwe said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    9 seems promising.

I agree, Rogue was a sleeper hit for the franchise
    Indeed. Though it could've been better. Mostly stuff on Jedha, feels...meh to me. Though Scariff...wow! Though, tbh, it has more in common with Dirty Dozen or SWTOR's Trooper than with your typical Star Wars.

Cleffy said:
    I think The Last Jedi would have been better if they cut out all the Space Chase scenes and completely removed Vice Admiral Holdo from the movie. There were just too many things going on in that movie and that part of the movie was superfluous. It also pretty much ruined space battles with the "Holdo Maneuver."
    I think the good parts were the character development of Flynn and Kylo Ren. Rei's training was also crucial to that part of the arch setting up this movie.
    The Last Jedi's lack of critical cutting also hamstrung Solo which was a solid movie beginning, middle and end.
    Interesting. TLJ had many problems, but I wanted to comment on Solo. Solo's deathknell was that it had absolutely no stakes if you would. Because we're all aware of Mos Eisley, yes? Just kills the tension. Could be a lesson for Kenobi or Fett or what have you.
    Think the next set of films should focus on the Sith.
    Think the next set of films should focus on the Sith.
    Ajunta Pall's story would be interesting as would be Darth Plagueis'. Darth Bane's as well.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,197
    Rogue one was and still are best SW movie ever made.