Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for a new RPG

2»

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2019
    Scot said:
    The Witcher series is a gaping hole on the OP's list.
    Well the OP did have sci fi themed in his post I dont really see TW3 as scifi, maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will fill that spot when it releases.

OP you should try Deus Ex Human Revolution. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
       Take a look at Stellar Tactics , its , hmm Baldurs Gate in space with Fallout like combat and class builds and a really enjoyable story and space travel and combat ... A Star Trekie feel to the story imo

Altho in EA ive tested each build for 2 years now , its in very good shape , with a really great group of dedicated devs ..

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited April 2019
    I'll try and stick with the sci-fi request - already mentioned are Underrail (great, great indie) ELEX (modern Gothic with sci-fi instead of pure high fantasy) and Stellar Tactics for games you can get now, as well as Cyperpunk 2077 for one not out yet.  Outer Worlds should be out this year by two of the main devs of the real Fall Outs.  

Technomancer and Mars War Log are the closest games to Mass Effect - they are like Budget Mass Effects.  Insomnia I think may have been mentioned - very rpg light, but that may not matter to you since you listed Far Cry and Mafia.  

It got mixed reviews and is kind of an odd sci fi (like PST sci-fi, so more space fantasy than sci-fi), but Torment: Tides of Numenara is a game I really loved.  It had great everything, including story, writing, and a great rpg system implemented well (Cook's new one I think).  

If you don't mind indie there are tons, but many may not be your type of rpg - Star Crawlers is a sci-fi dungeon crawler, but pretty light on the rpg elements.  Star Traders is like rpg element heavy 4x-ish.  Star Control Origins is new, but very, very rpg light space exploration.  Halcyon 6 is a base-building space exploration game with decent rpg elements.  Kind of like HoMM game in space a little.  

There are a bunch of sci-fi what the call survival games (really, just crafting games).  I'm not sure if those interest you or not, regardless of rpg elements.  

Since you listed some decent older games one off the cuff recommendation could be the new Star Wars persistent world server they have for NWN:EE.  Everything was done really well and it has a completely redone chardev and rpg systems, but its has a pretty strong crafting focus if that turns you off like it does me.   

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch but that's what I can think of now.

EDIT- I forgot to mention WL2 - post-apoc with sci-fi elements, great, greta game.  WL3 should be coming out this year I think.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Savageone said:

We usually play single player games, only co-op play we have done is in Fallout 76. My husband and I don't necessarily have to be playing the same game, it's spending time together on a hobby we enjoy. As far as "old" games go, it would have to run well with Windows 10.
    Just FYI - I can't think of a single game that doesn't run well on Win 10.  Wiz&Warriors used to be a hassle until the gog release.  MM9 still has some issues.  But Arcanum has been fan modded into working perfectly, same with the fallouts.  Even PoR:ROMD runs well on 10.  For games earlier than turn of the century DOSBox has always done the trick.  
  • vendetta54vendetta54 Newbie CommonPosts: 5

Hello friends I'm looking for a new RPG game. I want to have the game knight online style game I want to play. If you have feedback or advice please help me waiting
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    You didn't give me a lot to go on OP other than mention a few games I have played.  I'm playing Ark Survival Evolved atm.  If you and your hubby have two gaming computers and can play at the same time it would give you guys a significant boost over others as Ark relies heavily on team work.

• ColonizerJColonizerJ Newbie CommonPosts: 14
    Have you tried Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? It's a PC version of the original PS3 game with tons of upgraded content and gameplay features. I'm playing it now and aside from the difference in graphics I find it more awesome than Skyrim.