Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starpoint Gemini 3 Official Gameplay Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStarpoint Gemini 3 Official Gameplay Trailer

Starpoint Gemini 3 isn't scheduled to launch until later this year, but the developers want to show off a bit of gameplay to prime player's excitement. Set 30 years after the events of Starpoint Gemini 2, the game shows players that, while the universe has changed, nothing stays the same forever. Players take on the role of Jonathan Bold, an adventurer who "doesn't give a damn about the universe or its problems".

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    YESSSS.
    druezChaserzAsm0deusPsYcHoGBRTuor7

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    HOTAS support from day one.....Nice!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    This... pleases me.
    edited April 2019
    I believe they said it will also be on other platforms.

Epic Exclusive?
    Will this game fall prey to Epic as an exclusive? Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
    LGM Community Guy [developer] 3 Apr @ 4:53pm

No. Starpoint Gemini 3 will be released on Steam. It will probably come to other digital distribution platforms such as GOG and Humble as well. ;)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/977720/discussions/0/1812044473310603537/

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52
    These games have always been too janky for me to get my freelancer fix out of it. Something about the terrible script and voice acting, combined with combat that seems to be more about letting turrets do all the work than anything else. This seems like it might be a bit better as regards the flying and fighting, but it seems very, very simple.

The upcoming Rebel Galaxy looks to eat this games lunch.
    I hope the combat is better than in Rebel Galaxy...dunno maybe I have been spoiled by Elite Dangerous...

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this appears to be almost an exact copy of Rebel Galaxy, right down to the music, arcade style play and wild west in space theme. Rebel Galaxy was the first thing I thought of when I watched the trailer.