Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2: Year 1 Update - Invasion: Battle for D.C. - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Division 2: Year 1 Update - Invasion: Battle for D.C. - MMORPG.com

Ubisoft has released a new trailer ahead of tomorrow's release of Part 1 of Invasion: Battle for D.C. Tidal Basin is the first part in a yearlong series of content releases that sees the Black Tusk's most formidable stronghold become available "along with new exotic weapons, gear sets, events and more". Operation Dark Hours will come on April 25th and a 4th specialization will be "coming soon".

Read the full story here

Comments

• momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited April 2019
    Im so excited but bad timing since i will be out of town the entire weekend. Is operation dark hours the new raid?
    SBFord
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Good game. Needs more inventory space and flashlights. Lighting effects are often over the top and I can barely see anything at times, I hope they tone it down or I may have to play less to avoid all the eyestrain.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Good game. Needs more inventory space and flashlights. Lighting effects are often over the top and I can barely see anything at times, I hope they tone it down or I may have to play less to avoid all the eyestrain.

I have 100 inventory space at level 30 . Flashlights needed for sure. But the lighting effects I think are done well and purposely to make it harder to see enemies and increase difficulty.
    infomatzPhry
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    voltt said:

I have 100 inventory space at level 30 . Flashlights needed for sure. But the lighting effects I think are done well and purposely to make it harder to see enemies and increase difficulty.
    I agree but I do think the special effects in lighting go a bit too far.  I feel a bit taken advantage of because there are usually counters to visibility problems, like they put in other games. 

Tanks come at you, you can dodge to counter.  multiple bad guys come at you, cover and moving from cover to cover works really well.  Thick fog, black areas, overly bright lighting, thick smoke, no counters.  Might as well not have an expensive graphics card if you have to squint to see what's going on, imo.  But overall I'm enjoying the game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Lol just me it lost me the second the video said in your yearly game pass o_O? What, for this update its your year 1 pass lmao, so there will be year 2 pass eh? Damn this game is high cost but I'm sure ppl like this game don't mind paying more for less I guess.
  • misrosskmisrossk Member UncommonPosts: 23

Solancer said:

Lol just me it lost me the second the video said in your yearly game pass o_O? What, for this update its your year 1 pass lmao, so there will be year 2 pass eh? Damn this game is high cost but I'm sure ppl like this game don't mind paying more for less I guess.

Just a heads up if you don't know, the pass only gets you really basic extras and 7 day headstarts on their larger updates. The whole game is still free, you just have to wait +1 week for some content updates.
    PhryOctagon7711
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    The pass also contains special missions, but everything else for the first year is supposed to be free. After that im sure there will be paid DLC. There are also uniforms / apparel and what not you can buy for $$ but those are cosmetic.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    misrossk said:

Solancer said:

Just a heads up if you don't know, the pass only gets you really basic extras and 7 day headstarts on their larger updates. The whole game is still free, you just have to wait +1 week for some content updates.
    Stop derailing his rant with facts. 
    Phry

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Awesome game, really enjoying it so far, hoping to hear about Underground and Survival modes soon.
    infomatz
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited April 2019
    I have 177 hours played as of today and this is my opinion of The Division 2.

Lazy developing makes all bosses the same, just with more hit points. Same missions on exactly the same maps. Even the new expansion takes place on maps used for starting play. At GS 500 Tier III CP elites will still just walk up to your 4 man group and 1 shot melee you, then bullet sponge 4 or 5 clips from your squad mates taking another one with them before being killed. Then of course the drugged up baton whirlers are in your face...

I can't figure out what the draw is. With all the nerfs it's The Division, just with a much worse crafting system. Players cried the weapon mod system was so bad. If you wanted a buff, you took the nerf each mod gave you. Now they took out the mod nerfs and reduced all the benefits from the buffs. Did you really think they were going to leave you with an extra 30 round clip and all those crit buffs?

Now all you do is stack, stack, stack each mod with no detriment to your build. And people still complain. This is what you wanted. For mods to be enabled for casual players that don't want to put the time in to dial in a build.

Casual Player = JUST MAKE IT SO I CAN LOG IN FOR AN HOUR AND GET EVERYTHING HANDED TO ME NOW!

Dark Zones will always be a joke as long as there are no repercussions for max level players going Rogue vs lower level players. There is a reason it's almost always dead in there these days folks.

Whoever said there is a huge endgame obviously had't been playing that long. Maps with lots of sparkling things doesn't make for a big endgame.
    gunklacker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I very strongly feel the game is NOT good because the ONLY thing it does is try to act like a shooter and if combat "the CORE"aspect of the game is not done well,the game is not done well.
    I popped into Streamerhosue today and i was like wow,i forgot just how bad this combat is,dude was standing toe to toe with the enemy just firing off tons of rounds with VERY little care for strategy or defense.
    To me it is as bad as an ARPG mindless killing of easy fodder.it really does not matter if once in awhile you run into a bullet sponge when the other 99/% of combat a 6 year old kid could ace through it.
    So no way man,i could never get into that game,way too easy,i need at least a decent challenge.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Such a great job they did on this title. 
    To launch a title this big and with a variety of systems like they have to work all together and launch in a pretty solid shape is really difficult. They have done a tremendous job. 
    It may not be the type of game everyone likes but in a time when everyone criticizes every little thing everyone does a title like this deserves the recognition it is getting. 
    Ubisoft is on top of their game in my opinion. They have some amazing talent. 
    After the more recent debacles from Bethesda, Bioware and Activision, its refreshing and encouraging that The Division 2 is as good as it is, its just lucky that its not an Epic timed exclusive, i got my copy directly from Uplay, and it runs really well even on my old'ish system but its encouraging that we actually have a AAA game that is deserving of the title. ;)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited April 2019
    Wizardry said:

I very strongly feel the game is NOT good because the ONLY thing it does is try to act like a shooter and if combat "the CORE"aspect of the game is not done well,the game is not done well.
    I popped into Streamerhosue today and i was like wow,i forgot just how bad this combat is,dude was standing toe to toe with the enemy just firing off tons of rounds with VERY little care for strategy or defense.
    To me it is as bad as an ARPG mindless killing of easy fodder.it really does not matter if once in awhile you run into a bullet sponge when the other 99/% of combat a 6 year old kid could ace through it.
    So no way man,i could never get into that game,way too easy,i need at least a decent challenge.

I'd love to buy you a copy @Wizardry so you can demonstrate for us how easy the game is.

If a regular everyday six year old can ace through it, I think its time for me to drop video games and take up finger painting ;)
    rertez

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee