Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn or Path of Exile?

2»

Comments

• ChasehallChasehall Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Grim Dawn has a much longer mid game time. The atmosphere is much more explicitly designed, I feel that's from the zones all being designed by hand instead of auto generated.
    JeroKane
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    edited October 2020
    Grim dawn is more like pick a server game an dthen you play with these people and that character on this server only..in poe you are more online with other people and i even think its cross console now.

I would choose Poe over Grim dawn that realy hasent any end game content. But start on Poe standart server. Dont join the league called Heist or else you will b emore confused..also The Heist league isent good if you ask me..more problems and bugs than fun to play.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Grim Dawn. You can do pets to go through content faster. If I can do it with 2 broken hands literally anyone else will be able to.  Never did get PoE to work smoothly again on my machine for years now so can't comment on how that will be.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited November 2020
    Great... after reading this thread... getting an aRPG itch.  Time to load up POE and Grim Drawn.

See you in a few hundred hours with my thoughts ;)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I thought POE was the better game tbh
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Inquisitor Martyr is closing its current season this week and the new one will follow soon after, my hammer and shield Crusader is doing just fine. Pretty much done with every other ARPG on the planet.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Path of exile is complex and has more people. They also upgraded graphics and fixed lag issues. So reinstall if you need and you can try it on your machine.
    kitarad
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • quix0tequix0te Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I've played both.  Grim Dawn extensively, POE for thirty or forty hours.  I like Grim Dawn a LOT.  I like the skill trees, I like the flavor of the game.  I feel like its the rightful inheritor of the D2 title.  PoE was... okay.  Your powers come from slotting your items. There are a fair number of powers. They feel kind of ... generic.
    The biggest problem with Grim Dawn is its a heavy RNG system, so you are moderately drop dependent.  Play with another person or three if you can.  Then you can trade drops that are specific to your particular skillset but not theirs.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    i really enjoyed Grim Dawn but couldnt get into Path of Exile. The original game is better than the expansions though imo for Grim Dawn. 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • whopulledthatwhopulledthat Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    i quit playing for quite a while, you guys still play it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I prefer Grim Dawn. PoE has way too much FOMO.
  • axiomsofdominionaxiomsofdominion Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Grim Dawn, especially with mastery mods like either Grimarillion or Dawn of Masteries is incredible. As a pet lover getting 16 pet classes out of DoM is amazing. I ended up mashing every pet skill into two modded masteries just for convienience. 8 different skeleton based units? Yes please.
  • trickscage2trickscage2 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Get Upto 90% Discount on Fastcomet Coupon of Hosting and Enjoy cloud hosting with 99.9% uptime.
  • ChubakazubakaChubakazubaka Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Grim Dawn, a suitable option for the game 
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I tried path of exile years ago and did not like it.  Just beat grim dawn.  I would say grim dawn 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Torchlight 1 and 2 are both amazing ARPGS. Last Epoch is a great ARPG as well. 
    Iselin
  • UnrealMeUnrealMe Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    I definitely choose Path of Exile - this is my second favorite ARPG after Diablo and the heir to Diablo 2
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Grim Dawn, especially with mastery mods like either Grimarillion or Dawn of Masteries is incredible. As a pet lover getting 16 pet classes out of DoM is amazing. I ended up mashing every pet skill into two modded masteries just for convienience. 8 different skeleton based units? Yes please.

How do we find mods on Steam? I know some of the games I have use mods but  I cannot find them anywhere.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    holy carp, you dug deep for this thread :smiley: I which I had friends that wanted to play Grim Dawn with me. Such a nice and chill aRPG.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited April 2022

How do we find mods on Steam? I know some of the games I have use mods but  I cannot find them anywhere.
    Have you tried Nexus? The workshop tab on steam itself for each game. Those are easier to use.

https://www.nexusmods.com
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I put more time into and enjoyed POE more