Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your game rotation

TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
edited March 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I just realized that for the last 3 years I mainly rotate the same games over and over again.
When MMOs were actually good I would dedicate most of my time to one or two games each year, but as the quality of them went down the drain, I find myself switching from game to game every 1-2 months.

Let me say that every year, I buy and play many different games, but for some reason I keep going back to the same ones.

This is my rota, in no particular order:

- ESO
- GW2
- BDO
- Fallout 4/3/NV
- Skyrim
- Ark Survival
- Warframe

I hope that with WOW Classic I will be able to go back with my old habits, I miss dedicating most of my time to one game.

What's your game rota?

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Shiny New Thing
    /Rage Quit
    Back to Wow again
    /Rage Quit

Rinse, repeat

[Deleted User]KyleranScorchien[Deleted User]MadFrenchie

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Amathe said:
    Shiny New Thing
    /Rage Quit
    Back to Wow again
    /Rage Quit

Rinse, repeat

I stopped rage quitting WoW after WOD.
    That was the mother of all the rage quitting.
    Never looked back.

Amathe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    - League of Legends (until URF mode ends this Sunday.)
    - Elder Scrolls Online
    - Guild Wars 2
    - Dead By Daylight 
    - Final Fantasy 14
    - Overwatch
    - Rocket League

Other games that will be included later on will be: Albion Online, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, City of Titans, Wolcen. 
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    STO for space ship fighting.

Anthem and d2 for shooters. Anthem still so buggy :(.

GW2 WVW for massive 80 players 3 ways fights on t1 servers.

Looking forward to CU and 2077 Dune Online!!!.

Trance, all the time like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq95kcb-M8A&list=PL0cWlOyqP6_M_gH-VeXsvCxL01Qs85Blv

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited March 2019
    Path of exile once new league comes until i stop playing due to deaths.

Time for new games as well as the occasional civ 5 and entropia thrown in.

Path of exile new league starts again . (On repeat)

I pretty much play only one game at a time, if im not addicted to a game, i don't play it, and if im addicted, i don't want to play any other games.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    I don't rotate games, for the most part playing them once to the bitter end, setting them aside for good afterwards.

There are a small few I have returned to regularly over the years, EVE and DAOC in the MMORPG space, Fallout games only for single player titles.

There are literally hundreds of games I'll most likely will never get a chance to play, going back is rarely a consideration.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Anthem, NBA Live 19 and radom game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Mostly just Atlas,never been  game hopper,i actually like the games i play so i play them a lot and for a long time.Sadly though the developer is rubbish  i manage to find private servers with fun settings,fun in a way i actually feel like i accomplish something and not just grinding for meaningless numbers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Right now?

1. Sekiro - Until enraged then:
    2. Something else - Until calmed down then back to 1.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]CryomatrixSovrath
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Kyleran said:
    I don't rotate games, for the most part playing them once to the bitter end, setting them aside for good afterwards.

I wish I could do that, I try my games but generally quit early on and come back to the usual suspects.
    It seems I can't find anything better than what I usually play.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    At the moment, my time is split pretty much between BDO and The Division 2, I just play games when i want to without any thought for rotations between games, have to say though, The Division 2 is proving to be a change which gives me hope for the PC gaming industry, particularly after the recent epic failures of Anthem and FO76 etc. :)
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Amathe said:
    Shiny New Thing
    /Rage Quit
    Back to Wow again
    /Rage Quit

Rinse, repeat

Somewhat similar but like this:

Shiny New Thing
    /bored
    Shiny New Thing
    /bored

Repeat until once a year getting an urge to return to DAoC.

[Deleted User]Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Usually something new. In this case I'm downloading Outward now.

Something before bed casual like Masters of Orion II or III or Darkest Dungeon.

Something that takes hours to play like Morrowind, Skyrim. Recently started Vampire the Masquerade up again.

And one mmorpg. Since I'm not "gung ho" about any of them It's Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest (I fool around in it for about an hour) or Ryzom which I redownloaded. About another hour of play.

I only ever do one "main" game at a time.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Right now ..

1.Its a heavy dose of Kaladim the new EQ2 server , such a great game and community ... still

2. Anarchy Online new server 2019 .. LOve AO , always fun and challenging

3, UO .. mostly gathering and crafting and getting BODs filled  at this time ..

4. when im busy around the house and cant get involved with an MMO its been Shieldwall Chronicles .. ..
    [Deleted User]
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I keep it simple:

- ESO
    - GW2
    [Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Wizardry said:
    Mostly just Atlas,never been  game hopper,i actually like the games i play so i play them a lot and for a long time.Sadly though the developer is rubbish  i manage to find private servers with fun settings,fun in a way i actually feel like i accomplish something and not just grinding for meaningless numbers.
    You do know that there should be a space after a comma right? 

Also, big blocks of words are hard to read. The two above reasons arw why i dont even read your posts.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    ESO, WoW, EQ2, very little GW2
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I usually rotate CSGO (although I'm considering uninstalling again due to how angry it makes me), WoW, Runescape, Random third MMO right now it's Everquest. Sometimes I throw a MOBA into the mix for a while until the toxicity gets the best of me. 
    [Deleted User]
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    poe everytime there is a new league until i get bored of it.
    then my main games are usually mtg arena and war thunder.

occasionally the latest battlefield game when i get the fps itch and they are on sale.

completely given up on mmo's though.
    Cryomatrix
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I'm not sure if it's too messy to count as a cycle, but over the course of about 3 years I hit at least one of each of these:

- WoW-alike MMO
    - Disgaea-alike Tactical RPG
    - Skyrim-alike RPG
    - Sudokus
    - Farming Sim (Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley)
    - Plant Tycoon-Alike Breeder Tycoon if I can find one, no one makes the damn things anymore...
    - Tokyo Jungle-alike or ARK-alike PvE survival
    - Time Management or Worker Placement (Ranch Rush, Cake Mania, Artist Colony)
    - Oldskool Adventure Game
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.