Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth New PvP Updates - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth New PvP Updates - MMORPG.com

When Tides of Vengeance rolled out into World of Warcraft, it brought a number of things to PvP players including overhauled battlegrounds, the return of the Wintergrasp Epic Battleground, a new AI Brawl, and more. Check out this overview video and let us know what you think in the comments!

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2019
    Just another day at Acti-Blizz image
    ArskaaaSBFordWhiskeydustPemminTruvidien88Scot
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    They can overhaul PVP as many times as they want. It wont change the fact that the entire PVP experience is ruined by addons that automate the whole process.. What is the point in trying to compete against people using "legal" addons that are basically PVP bots. I would rather put my nuts in a vice grip than stoop to that level of laziness.

I was hesitant about buying BFA, but unfortunately they suckered me in with all the PVP hype. What a let down, that is the last time I will allow Blizzard to separate me from my money. Blizzard is a dumpster fire filled with monkeys trying to extinguish it with bananas.
    AkulasAlomarScotThupli
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

F2Plague said:

They can overhaul PVP as many times as they want. It wont change the fact that the entire PVP experience is ruined by addons that automate the whole process.. What is the point in trying to compete against people using "legal" addons that are basically PVP bots. I would rather put my nuts in a vice grip than stoop to that level of laziness.

I was hesitant about buying BFA, but unfortunately they suckered me in with all the PVP hype. What a let down, that is the last time I will allow Blizzard to separate me from my money. Blizzard is a dumpster fire filled with monkeys trying to extinguish it with bananas.

Technically enough bananas should be able to put out a dumpster fire, so you are saying there is hope?
    Go monkeys! Use poo too!
    PalebaneThupli
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Updates look great and all, but the game in it's current state is just too boring...
    I honestly can't believe that I've been playing WoW since launch(in fact since early alpha testing when you had to write /cast Fireball for example to cast a spell) and they somehow managed to make the game boring AF for someone like me who obviously can overlook all the negative/bad things that other people see...

SBFordAlomar
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I actually like the visual updates for those BG's it's been needing something like that for a long time now.

Updates look great and all, but the game in it's current state is just too boring...

I honestly can't believe that I've been playing WoW since launch(in fact since early alpha testing when you had to write /cast Fireball for example to cast a spell) and they somehow managed to make the game boring AF for someone like me who obviously can overlook all the negative/bad things that other people see...

Dont worry, the next expansion will be announced at this year's blizzcon and people will forget bfa existed just like what happened with legion during wod. Its just funny with how 'great' Legion was, no one can tell me what we actually got in regards to character progression after the expansion aside from some spec specific skins. We lost the glyph system and passives we innately had in our classes before legion, which were the backbone of the artifact/legendary/pvp skill system in legion with only the pvp skill system carrying over to bfa. That's a lot of stuff lost.....but I guess no one complains when we have it or get it back, only when its gone.
    Alomar
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As a pvper, I'm so glad I skipped the last three expansions and have no intention of playing any further. No longer a game that interests me with the direction they've gone. Still looking forward to Classic though.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Albatroes said:

Dont worry, the next expansion will be announced at this year's blizzcon and people will forget bfa existed just like what happened with legion during wod. Its just funny with how 'great' Legion was, no one can tell me what we actually got in regards to character progression after the expansion aside from some spec specific skins. We lost the glyph system and passives we innately had in our classes before legion, which were the backbone of the artifact/legendary/pvp skill system in legion with only the pvp skill system carrying over to bfa. That's a lot of stuff lost.....but I guess no one complains when we have it or get it back, only when its gone.

The sad part is that actually I'd be more than happy to play the next expansion... however another year and a half of BfA will kill this little spark I still have... Past 4 months I've barely logged for more than 5 mins per week.
    Honestly if there's something that will keep WoW installed on my PC that's going to be classic. Blizzard can only pray that people will be satisfied with classic till next expansion.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited March 2019
    Alomar said:
    As a pvper, I'm so glad I skipped the last three expansions and have no intention of playing any further. No longer a game that interests me with the direction they've gone. Still looking forward to Classic though.
    This is a company that can't even release PvP rewards on time, and stopped making unique sets of Elite version of PvP gear and started recoloring gear.  :'(

The gap between good & bad on this game has been shrinking since late 2010.
    Thupli
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Albatroes said:

The sad part is that actually I'd be more than happy to play the next expansion... however another year and a half of BfA will kill this little spark I still have... Past 4 months I've barely logged for more than 5 mins per week.
    Honestly if there's something that will keep WoW installed on my PC that's going to be classic. Blizzard can only pray that people will be satisfied with classic till next expansion.

Yeah this expansion was honestly worse than wod so far for one main reason; it already made the current raid tier gear irrelevant to the next teir. I'm sure some people understand that you'd farm the previous tier to get prepp'd for the next tier so its easier; however, going from the start to 8.1, new lower gear was already better than mythic uldir gear simply because of the extra ring. Couple that with day one 'catch-up' gear for the new tier and it just ends up being a 'what's the point of even bothering' thing now. Its sad to say but this team just need to turn it in because for the past 3 expansions, its either been really low content (wod), losing things just to get them right back again through other systems (legion) and now lose things to get them again just to lose them again just to get them again JUST to realize that its stupid and we'll make everything you did pointless halfway through the expansion (bfa with the horrible azerite system).
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Expansion is not bad nor good.

But im having fun.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

F2Plague said:

I had not realised it was this bad, astonishing that such a level of legal botting is allowed.
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102

Scot said:

F2Plague said:

I had not realised it was this bad, astonishing that such a level of legal botting is allowed.

I'm curious as to what addons he uses as I pvp on a regular basis.
    Thupli
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

mallettjt said:

Scot said:

F2Plague said:

Yeah I'm curious as well. I do quite a bit of arenas and the addons most people tend to use are things like gladiatorloss for tracking certain casts by making a noise at you, and sArena which tells you their builds. I'm not sure, maybe they are referring to Healbot? But even then all that does is make casting on specific targets easier by clicking their portrait with different clicks, you still have to cast the spells, it doesn't do it for you.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited March 2019

mallettjt said:

Scot said:

F2Plague said:

Yeah I'm curious as well. I do quite a bit of arenas and the addons most people tend to use are things like gladiatorloss for tracking certain casts by making a noise at you, and sArena which tells you their builds. I'm not sure, maybe they are referring to Healbot? But even then all that does is make casting on specific targets easier by clicking their portrait with different clicks, you still have to cast the spells, it doesn't do it for you.
    I have to say even that is horrendous in my eyes, they are offering a PvP advantage and should be stopped or if Activision (who seem to call all the shots) thinks they are fine bring them in house.
    Post edited by Scot on