Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Forget Tonight's Paradox Stream -- Is It Vampire: the Masquerade? World of Darkness? - MMORPG

2»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its kind of funny that steam already started pre-orders on Bloodlines 2, then we might find out down the road that its another Epic Store exclusive lmao. PC exclusives are a joke.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Iselin said:
    The whole Tender thing was a bit cringey, TBH. The acting just wasn't really good enough to sell it. But they get an E for effort for at least trying something different.

Bloodlines 2 though... I'm psyched.
    Absolutely agree. It felt like high school/early college amateur acting BUT they were having fun and that's always a plus.

[Deleted User]wingood
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sequels as i have been saying of late is usually not a good idea,IF expecting a NEW experience,a creative game.

I thought throughout they were trying to hide the actual EFFORT going into this.Well dude blurts out 6 months in it and seeing a 2020 q1 probability,that tells me 18-21months of game design?
    That does not sound like it has any chance of being AAA.

For one thing this is going to be ONE city,ok some think fair enough,i am ok with just one city.Well you first need to realize there is no added work to create different themed cities/locations.
    Then we need to think about how cities are USUALLy done,i am talking about 2D static buildings like you saw a LOT of in games like GTA but rpg's often do it as wel,Asian games do it a lot.

One person's idea of GREAT or IMMERSIVE can vary person to person.These people might honestly believe they are making something great but then again there are people who think ARPG's are quality games.Point being some people have far lower standards for quality than others.

This is still rather early "or is it" but i feel a SIMPLE design direction here.A character with this Vampire inside of him,everything based off of your powers that are unlocked or used vis some menu system.Over the next 6 months we likely get a better view if there is any depth in the character and or combat structure.

Then aside from the SIMPLE,core basics of game design,will it have any layers of realism or as they coined the term..IMMERSION?My hunch is they are taking the term immersion and diluting it down to simply feeling your like a Vampire just because you have Vampire abilities.Modding is great but how about the core game,any building or any tools at all to feel the immersion,my gut says nope,just a linear based game design.

mmolou[Deleted User]Aeander

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:
    Sequels as i have been saying of late is usually not a good idea,IF expecting a NEW experience,a creative game.

I thought throughout they were trying to hide the actual EFFORT going into this.Well dude blurts out 6 months in it and seeing a 2020 q1 probability,that tells me 18-21months of game design?
    That does not sound like it has any chance of being AAA.

For one thing this is going to be ONE city,ok some think fair enough,i am ok with just one city.Well you first need to realize there is no added work to create different themed cities/locations.
    Then we need to think about how cities are USUALLy done,i am talking about 2D static buildings like you saw a LOT of in games like GTA but rpg's often do it as wel,Asian games do it a lot.

One person's idea of GREAT or IMMERSIVE can vary person to person.These people might honestly believe they are making something great but then again there are people who think ARPG's are quality games.Point being some people have far lower standards for quality than others.

This is still rather early "or is it" but i feel a SIMPLE design direction here.A character with this Vampire inside of him,everything based off of your powers that are unlocked or used vis some menu system.Over the next 6 months we likely get a better view if there is any depth in the character and or combat structure.

Then aside from the SIMPLE,core basics of game design,will it have any layers of realism or as they coined the term..IMMERSION?My hunch is they are taking the term immersion and diluting it down to simply feeling your like a Vampire just because you have Vampire abilities.Modding is great but how about the core game,any building or any tools at all to feel the immersion,my gut says nope,just a linear based game design.

:D  :D :D :D :D
    TacticalZombeh
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Nosferatu or Lasombra, so hard to choose.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited March 2019
    Why the hell are they making this 1st person perspesctive only when Bloodlines 1 was both 1st and 3rd?!.
    Oh well would have rather been able to play as a hunter, a werewolf or a mage anyhow. Maybe white wolf will do a WoD or a new Hunter the Reckoning game (that has both fpp and tpp)

oh and lol

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited March 2019
    I was 50% right! No MMO part though. /pass
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Asheram said:
    Why the hell are they making this 1st person perspesctive only when Bloodlines 1 was both 1st and 3rd?!.
    Oh well would have rather been able to play as a hunter, a werewolf or a mage anyhow. Maybe white wolf will do a WoD or a new Hunter the Reckoning game (that has both fpp and tpp)

oh and lol

Yea, shoveling cringe-worthy short lived politics into a game has the potential to backfire, like it did with games prior to this one. 
    Mayhap I'm the minority here, but I lean into gaming as an escapism from the problems of everyday life. 

Too early to tell though. I wouldn't mind it being there as one NPC or one faction, but if it's everywhere, then it becomes an issue.

The other noteworthy caution tale about this game is the cost. I don't think that the people behind it are content with a 60€ price. Nor I think that they will sell a complete game at launch. Remains to be seen of course, but it pays off to be cautious and not rush into the purchase.

As on what digital store they'll use, ultimately it doesn't matter. The issues of storytelling and cost are more important and will influence a purchase to a higher degree.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I would much prefer Tim and Leonard (the guys making Outer Worlds) made the sequal to their game (with Jason Anderson back with them to be fair).  But I'm still excited for a sequal. 

The new edition of VtM seems pretty interesting - I hope they do it justice and don't just tack on minor rpg shit that has little impact like with the Cthulhu that just came out.

I don't want to come off as pessimistic because a new Bloodlines has far greater potential to be better than no bloodlines at all.  I'm definitely buying it unless some information comes out before hand that it is really rpg-lite or something.  
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Lokero said:

lahnmir said:

A Werewolf MMORPG with action combat and me ripping Black Spiral Dancers a new one.
    Give me werewolves over vampires every time.  Compared to werewolves, vampires just... "suck" >:)

I like the way you "clawed" a joke out of that....

Lokero said:

lahnmir said:

A Werewolf MMORPG with action combat and me ripping Black Spiral Dancers a new one.
    Give me werewolves over vampires every time.  Compared to werewolves, vampires just... "suck" >:)

I like the way you "clawed" a joke out of that....
    Puns aside, vampires have a much bigger potential as an RPG game, while werewolves are more action oriented.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Xasapis said:
    Asheram said:

oh and lol

Yea, shoveling cringe-worthy short lived politics into a game has the potential to backfire, like it did with games prior to this one. 
    Mayhap I'm the minority here, but I lean into gaming as an escapism from the problems of everyday life. 

Too early to tell though. I wouldn't mind it being there as one NPC or one faction, but if it's everywhere, then it becomes an issue.

The other noteworthy caution tale about this game is the cost. I don't think that the people behind it are content with a 60€ price. Nor I think that they will sell a complete game at launch. Remains to be seen of course, but it pays off to be cautious and not rush into the purchase.

As on what digital store they'll use, ultimately it doesn't matter. The issues of storytelling and cost are more important and will influence a purchase to a higher degree.

I would usually agree 100% about the political stuff - but the orginal had it; and it was pretty on the nose stuff (but with a twist of humor).  Can it be a sequal without it?  I'm positive Leonard is an outspoken leftist activist who likes to specifically do political stuff that entertains him .  If you notice, they made the tough clan SWJs - and I think purposefully gave them the only character model that visually looks like he is attracted to females.  I personally think thats funny.   

I, personally, subscribe to the philosophy of FO 1 and 2.  Everything was ambiguous, and everything was what you made of it with all the shit you could (or didn't) do.  I think Tim mastered this - adding content for everyone, some of it way over the top (gay sex in his game way, way, way before anyone else, or like becoming a pimp in FO2), and its never morally superior or preachy.  It just is.  It doesn't tell you what to think or virtue signal or force an agenda on you.  Tim even somehow managed to make a gay Cabin Boy dentist that is romancable in ToEE get past all the Atari censors and to be endering enough no one batted an eye or complained or cared.  Other virtue signaling companies tried and failed to do that many years later - with much more normal characters that pale in comparison to gay cabin boy dentists.  

Tim seems subtle and laid back and really understands the reason for rpgs (for the player to make their own stories, not have one dictated, and not to get an agenda shoved down their throat).  But, VtM:B was Leonard's game and you could tell - but, again, it seemed to be humourous instead of preachy.  I don't think it would be a true sequal without it - I just hope they do it well and make it a good-natured ribbing like between friends instead of high-horse preaching to moral inferiors.  
    Well, they can go the Witcher 3 way or the Mass Effect: Andromeda way.

The first had hard hitting politics and conflict that fit the universe and was completely integrated to the story.

The second had lightweight politics and conflict that did not fit the universe, was preachy in a patronizing way and ultimately detracted from the story.

These are two examples. Usually you can spot when an rpg has a badly constructed story. It's when the narrating device (whether it's some NPC or something else) is shoving his message towards you, as opposed to the player finding that message organically by exploring the world and questioning said character.
    When the game deems necessary to tell you that "this person is evil", the narrator failed.

So I'm hoping that they set up a world and let the players explore it, as opposed to preaching and badgering people to acknowledge their agenda. After all, even the most benign social message becomes repulsive, if people get hammered non stop with it.
    Scotblamo2000
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    You think maybe the relative success of Vampyr encouraged the creation of Bloodlines 2?