Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survival Mode is Coming to Fallout 76 Next Week & Here's a Preview - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSurvival Mode is Coming to Fallout 76 Next Week & Here's a Preview - MMORPG.com

The Bethesda Blog has been updated with a new Fallout 76 article to preview Survival Mode that will be present in the game starting March 26th. This is a separate game mode from the main game and features much fewer PvP restrictions. In addition, there will be scoreboards so players can keep track of their kill streaks and weekly challenges that will award "legendary rewards".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So the beta has a new beta mode.
    rojoArcueidXarkoScot
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I was hoping 76 would have turned into a more co-op game where players helped rebuild the world rather than the same old pvp that every other survival game is. I'm not against pvp but its not really one of the strengths of this game and i get my fix from plenty of other games that do it better.
    jimmywolfPalebane[Deleted User]
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489

Mykell said:

I was hoping 76 would have turned into a more co-op game where players helped rebuild the world rather than the same old pvp that every other survival game is. I'm not against pvp but its not really one of the strengths of this game and i get my fix from plenty of other games that do it better.

I would play your fallout.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019
    Absolutely love this change.

Basically, if you have Pacifist turned on.. there's a strict PvE only mode now. Almost, anyway. When they make your C.A.M.P. immune to player damage too it'll be better. They've stated they will be doing that soon.

PvPers get what they want.. PvEers get what they want.. Gankers/Griefers don't get what they want.

Should have been like this from the start but it's an excellent move and at least they got there eventually.
    MowzerRicardo5802[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    DOA by allowing adventure mode characters to be moved over at will. It will just be full of geared up adventure griefers killing everyone else.

The game did not need this mode. And from what I can tell the players left didn't want it.

Not only that they are putting unique events and challenges with rewards exclusively behind this mode. A real nice way to say screw the majority.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I love this change and it will bring me back to the game.

Perhaps I will become part of the "majority".
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    LOL at least they are setting it in stone,they have ZERO creativity and aim for SIMPLE ideas that are cost effective,good job bethesda,please don't make anymore games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2019
    SlyLoK said:
    DOA by allowing adventure mode characters to be moved over at will. It will just be full of geared up adventure griefers killing everyone else.

The game did not need this mode. And from what I can tell the players left didn't want it.

Not only that they are putting unique events and challenges with rewards exclusively behind this mode. A real nice way to say screw the majority.
    This change wasn't about the PvP mode, it's about fixing the PvE mode. There's a ton of people willing to give the game another chance when this is changed. The reason it is so important is because most Fallout fans never even wanted PvP in the first place... or the survival elements for that matter. Look how many people posting on their Facebook want thirst and hunger removed as well. I wouldn't mind seeing them disappear myself. They tried to make Fallout into something it's not known for. This change goes a long way toward putting that right and getting people to install it again.

.. and there's nothing wrong with incentives to get people to do PvP. There's already PvE dailies and weeklies and there's going to be PvP dailies and weeklies. Pretty standard stuff we see in almost every game.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Mykell said:
    Funny enough Division 2 ended up doing what you said instead of Fallout 76... the overarching theme is rebuilding communities

• JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Sounds decent, i just wish they would remove that you can see other players on map, wanted or not i dont want to hunt people just by looking at map, its too big advantage and takes the fun out of it.
    Palebane
    edited March 2019
    Jippiijoo said:
    Sounds decent, i just wish they would remove that you can see other players on map, wanted or not i dont want to hunt people just by looking at map, its too big advantage and takes the fun out of it.
    In survival mode you can't see other players on the map unless they are dominating. It's there to reduce griefing and make roaming around destroying everyone's camps less appealing. It's needed because, you know, players are toxic.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    It is a survival mode in a survival game, just when is Fortnite getting its own battle royal mode?
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Jippiijoo said:
    In survival mode you can't see other players on the map unless they are dominating. It's there to reduce griefing and make roaming around destroying everyone's camps less appealing. It's needed because, you know, players are toxic.
    each to their own, but i would definetly prefer that i can't see the people i am trying to hunt down. If someone is dominating everyone and generally just being better at the game than others, it should not be punished by making it a near certain death for them.

SlyLoK said:

This change wasn't about the PvP mode, it's about fixing the PvE mode. There's a ton of people willing to give the game another chance when this is changed. The reason it is so important is because most Fallout fans never even wanted PvP in the first place... or the survival elements for that matter. Look how many people posting on their Facebook want thirst and hunger removed as well. I wouldn't mind seeing them disappear myself. They tried to make Fallout into something it's not known for. This change goes a long way toward putting that right and getting people to install it again.

.. and there's nothing wrong with incentives to get people to do PvP. There's already PvE dailies and weeklies and there's going to be PvP dailies and weeklies. Pretty standard stuff we see in almost every game.

Except they could fix the pve without adding this mode. It may have been a good idea had that separated adventure mode and survival mode characters. But they didn't so it is broke from the start.

Heck I probably would have tried it out if everyone started at level 1 and/or create server brackets to keep certain level ranges together. I mean who wants to play when a level 300 is running around killing everyone and everything. All the grinding areas will be controlled by those players.

No. Bethesda didn't think this through. Just allowing open PvP with some incentives is not the right way to go about it.
    edited March 2019
    SlyLoK said:

SlyLoK said:

Except they could fix the pve without adding this mode. It may have been a good idea had that separated adventure mode and survival mode characters. But they didn't so it is broke from the start.

Heck I probably would have tried it out if everyone started at level 1 and/or create server brackets to keep certain level ranges together. I mean who wants to play when a level 300 is running around killing everyone and everything. All the grinding areas will be controlled by those players.

No. Bethesda didn't think this through. Just allowing open PvP with some incentives is not the right way to go about it.
    Personally, I don't care about the PvP mode in any way. I just want the co-op experience without all the bullshit and now I can do that. I think a lot of people wanted that from the start. Why anyone would pick this game for PvP is something I can't understand when there's tons of better games that have better gunplay for that kind of thing. It's strengths are in the PvE.
  • MasterDCTMasterDCT Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Oh, can anyone tell me why Fallout 76 is still out there? Current state? Player population?
    MasterDCT said:
    Oh, can anyone tell me why Fallout 76 is still out there? Current state? Player population?
    Xbox is pretty good. Thats where I play.
    edited March 2019
    MasterDCT said:
    See no issues with population on PC. There's a ton of people playing it despite it's terrible launch. I only bought the game a few weeks ago and I've had no major technical issues. Two friends that bought it with me aren't having problems either. There's the usual little Bethesda bugs that are in all their Elder Scrolls and Fallout games but that's about it. You know.. strange weird AI sometimes, clipping issues.. that kind of thing. The game engine is what it is and that's... old.

You need at least a 6GB VRAM graphics card to play with High textures.. if you try High or Ultra without it your performance will be crap, a lot of people that played it don't realise that's why their performance was so bad. Also playing in Borderless Fullscreen really destroys the framerate for some reason, normal fullscreen is fine.