Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Players Can Delve Deeper Into the Long-Forgotten Past of Hiram - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Players Can Delve Deeper Into the Long-Forgotten Past of Hiram - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge players can now set off to learn more about Hiram thanks to the addition of the new story questline, Western Hiram Mountains. Content includes a new 15-20 player instance (Fall of Hiram City), the new Noryette Challenge dungeon, changes to the Red Dragon's Keep, bug fixes and feature enhancements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Such a good game ruined by silly things like their cash shop and regrade system.
    [Deleted User]chocolate42069[Deleted User]truewarlordRenoakuValdheim
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54

Such a good game ruined by silly things like their cash shop and regrade system.

The regrade system itself wasn't inherently bad (aside from item destruction). The fact that it's intimately tied to the cash shop made it bad.
    chocolate42069
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The absurd RNG/gambling tied into the systems, unmitigated cheating, AND the cash shop killed it.
    chocolate42069Valdheim
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    Zombie game.
    chocolate42069
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Ironically, this game has been long forgotten by the general gaming community.
    nycplayboy78alkarionlogchocolate42069Rain_Deathraven

DMKano said:

The absurd RNG/gambling tied into the systems, unmitigated cheating, AND the cash shop killed it.

Amazingly the core playerbase plays it no matter what. 

I am just waiting to see some epic failure happening due to Gamigos incompetence 

What core playerbase? You mean the people who haven't figured out what the people on the first, second, and third round of servers did?

Secondly, any failings of Archeage belong to Trion and XL Games. There's nothing Gamigo has to do but keep whale hunting until they're all extinct.
    alkarionlog
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

DMKano said:

Amazingly the core playerbase plays it no matter what. 

I am just waiting to see some epic failure happening due to Gamigos incompetence 

What core playerbase? You mean the people who haven't figured out what the people on the first, second, and third round of servers did?

Secondly, any failings of Archeage belong to Trion and XL Games. There's nothing Gamigo has to do but keep whale hunting until they're all extinct.
    shh you can't tell him that, for him trion never did anything wrong, and like all games who heavily depends on cash shops the "core" players are the ones who already so invested then they don't want to quit, and the combat was pretty nice before all the dealings trion made
    truewarlord
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Game is too far gone to save, no matter what they add or do to it at this point. Live Archeage is in Zombie mode.

Most the population either quit completely or went to a private server which offer a better gameplay experience then the live ones. Although the P2W crap is still there.

The only thing left on live are whales and some real die hards who are too heavily invested to quit.

This is a prime example of potentially one of the best mmos made which was completely destroyed by a F2P conversion and aggressive P2W cashshop. Only game I know that was actually miles better in alpha then release, at least NA alpha wise.
    Xatsh said:
    Game is too far gone to save, no matter what they add or do to it at this point. Live Archeage is in Zombie mode.

Most the population either quit completely or went to a private server which offer a better gameplay experience then the live ones. Although the P2W crap is still there.

The only thing left on live are whales and some real die hards who are too heavily invested to quit.

This is a prime example of potentially one of the best mmos made which was completely destroyed by a F2P conversion and aggressive P2W cashshop. Only game I know that was actually miles better in alpha then release, at least NA alpha wise.
    I'm with you, but I think I have some kind of battered wife/PTSD thing with Archeage.

If Gamigo ever did a subscription server and removed the P2W cash shop stuff and adjusted what they currently have to fit... I think my dumb ass would run back for more abuse. :s

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • kathileykathiley Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Archeage has suxh an amazing environment, feeling, ... I really miss it. I think it's time of the year to login, walk around, think about some good memories and deinstall it afterwards xD
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Those awesome days when they had 100+ servers and everyone just left their character logged in 24/7 to earn labor points...or was it another another pay to win game where they sold labor point potions? Dont remember, dont care....it had it's chance...
  • InebriatedSkunkInebriatedSkunk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Is there any community servers with a good playerbase that fixes the issues? I really want to like this game, but the main servers are ran by rabid monkeys
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I let you know in this new update, the instance daily quest reward is free labor, all regrade scroll is in honor shop, pets is in arena shop. You don't have to pay in the cash shop if you don't like it.