Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HardOCP shutting down

RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
Not entirely sure if it's an elaborate April Fools joke or not yet, but seems to be more legit than not.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2019/03/19/goodbye_hardocp_hello_intel/

A shame, I loved their PSU reviews, and Kyle was one of the few independent journalists (I use the term loosely but it does fit) that wasn't afraid to tell the real story. But I can understand shutting it down rather than selling it off.
Asm0deus

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, I saw that.  It's a shame.  Their video card reviews were important because they used a wildly different methodology than everyone else.  There are more good power supply review sites (and more good power supplies, period) than there used to be, but they were one of the relatively early sites that figured out how to distinguish good power supplies from bad ones.

He's also the intrepid journalist who exposed the GeForce Partner Program, helping to stoke a backlash that forced Nvidia to shut it down.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    edited March 2019
    The Hardforum will still be up and running though and has a patreon up.  Still some sad news indeed.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.