Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance to Celebrate Armistice 2019 with a Series of Events - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDefiance to Celebrate Armistice 2019 with a Series of Events - MMORPG.com

The Defiance team has posted a series of celebratory events for Armistice 2019. From today through April 1st, nine different events will be taking place in the game for players to participate in. The event also includes new items including the Caustic Fury Supply Crate and the Cyber Rig: Caustic Furty. The Armistice Bargain Box is also back and can contain a number of rare weapons and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Surprised this game's still going.
    bartoni33InteritusOyjordbcbullygastovski1
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So is this the base game or the remake which is basically just the base game with forced classes? I know it says just defiance, so I would assume the original.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    edited March 2019
    Lined up for April:

April 1, 2019 (no foolin’)
    Rolling Blackout
    Colony Courtship
    99 problems

So a blackout leads to some "courting" and 99 kids? :)
    TacticalZombeh
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I playing original game , it is not dead , there are players around ,I am in live Clan ,too
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I playing original game , it is not dead , there are players around ,I am in live Clan ,too

Not trying to be rude or anything, but what keeps you going back to the original? Is it just the friends you have on there or are you really still enjoying the gameplay after all this time.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    The show died years ago, why still an MMO? I never liked either to be honest.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WasadiWasadi Member UncommonPosts: 35

k61977 said:

So is this the base game or the remake which is basically just the base game with forced classes? I know it says just defiance, so I would assume the original.

Base game.

If you ain't dyin', then you ain't tryin'.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    Well i have to tip my hat because i honestly thought this game was long dead but here it is still chugging along.
    I watched the first tv/movie ,whatever you want to call it,i thought it was ok.it was a nice buildup to the game,i thought it was going to be something epic,man was i disappointed.That was two games around the same time,no make it 3 that i actually had a good feeling for SWTOR and FFXIV was the other.

All 3 let me down.i didn't yet see any trends or changes in the way developers were doing their business,ff to 2019,now i see everything.I think devs decided the market was too big,too flooded to simply compete by making a better game,so marketing took on all new forms ,several of them and here we are,waiting for every new hyped game in hopes..THIS ONE,yeah this one will be good.

The only game that caught me by surprise over the last 10 years has been Atlas,other than that i foresee only a couple games i might consider playing a lot of hours.

IMO Trion blew it,i think they were close,like VERY close,they needed to bite the bullet,put those profits back into the games and make them better.TONS of studios turn profits off of a new ip,new game,spending seems to be an epidemic ,however once the honeymoon phase is over,your game had better be good enough or your future is not bright.

So close Trion,maybe some lessons learned for the next time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.