Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play or Nay?

pinoy0320pinoy0320 Member Posts: 1

I played AO a couple years back, it was a bit buggy, but the concept of the game was what I liked the most. Now I am considering to try it again.

A couple of questions to be answered:
How is the community in AO?
Are there adequate amount of players or are the servers dead?
Are there still major bugs in this game?

Thanks.

Comments

• IvanRashnuIvanRashnu Member Posts: 178

A forthcoming patch will be implemented soon, it has many fixes, including some major ones like pet command bugs, but I also read there were still major bugs in the game, major profession balance issues etc. This large patch(105MB) will please NTs and Engineers.

The list of changes:

16.0.0 Patch Notes

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

A year and a half after release, I got my copy and learned after spending all my credits, and one saturday researching, that weaponscrafting was broken and I wasn't getting my credits back.

I went to the forums and found, deep in the archives, the post from week one release stating "we are aware...fixing..." yadayada.

If I wanted to ask ONE question that defined my willingness to return to the game, it would be...did they ever bother fixing weaponscrafting so that it works correctly now?

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• ArabusArabus Member Posts: 2

IMO the game itself rocks.  The community on Antlantian is great.  I cant say much about Rimor since I havent played there yet.  I moved from EQ1 to AO and despite the minor graphic issues it is a phenominal game.  There is a new expansion comming out in a few months called Lost Eden and I dont know how good it will be as of yet, but I can say that the expansions Shadowlands and Alien Invasion are great.  Notum Wars was the first expansion and thats the one that introduced the PvP element into AO.  Shadowlands made its mark not only by more than doubling the world size but also makes making cash and levelling simple and also introduced perks into the game along with raising the level cap to L220 for the character.  you get one Perk point every 10 levels to Level 200 and then 1 perk point from 200-220.  Alien Invasion introduced playermade (mostly guilds) cities and also able to own a storefront along with special and powerful perks that are earned and can only be gotten by Alien levels of which there are 30.  I will admit that with some classes as a starter its almost impossible to keep enough money comming in to keep yourself geared up and fully spelled so you want to start with something like a Martial Artist or something along those lines so you can save cash to try some of the more costly characters.  If you deceide to go for a Martial artist (wish I did personally) go Opifex because you can dodge a LOT of hits.  Point allocation is something you will have to learn on your own but before you start distributing points I would try and find a high level Martial artist and get their take on what you should level up.  If you have any more questions about the game feel free to send me an MMORPG Email and I wll do my best to respond to you and also update this post.  It DEFINATELY is one of the best games out there IMO.  The graphics are like that of the original Everquest before they had their graphic update, which is a double edged sword.  You can play AO on almost any computer system because of the low comp req's and the graphics aren't THAT bad like everyone seems to be saying.  Yes there is room for improvement, but overall I am more than satisfied.  Between the expansions and the community it is truely a game to atleast get the free account that expires in the middle of January.  Thats right, you pay NOTHING to try and play it til the middle of January, but you also only have the base game which is huge as it is.  It will give you a good taste of what it is all about.  There are server wide parties where a HUGE ammt of people go and use just party clothes (not everything is Armor and weapons and level grinding and quests/missions).  This is my 2 cents on the game overall.

Arabus

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Originally posted by pinoy0320
    I played AO a couple years back, it was a bit buggy, but the concept of the game was what I liked the most. Now I am considering to try it again. A couple of questions to be answered:
    How is the community in AO?
    Are there adequate amount of players or are the servers dead?
    Are there still major bugs in this game?Thanks.

I think the community is great, I've met some nice people. The Temple of the Three Winds and the Subway seem to encourage teamwork among newer players pretty well. Even though there are still some ninja's and some people that pull Aztur the Immortal onto your level 30-40 team. In general its great. I often don't know how much to tip for having armor made because strangers made it for free from the components before. ::::39::

Yeah there seem to be a lot of players most of the time. Most of all in the big nuetral cities and at the dungeons.

The worst thing that happened to me was that we ran off into the middle of nowhere and our mission enterance had a giant rock over it. Then I got managed to get stuck in a crevice trying to get to it and had to use the "stuck" system.