Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Division 2 and my computer

ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 681
Alright I got some questions for you all today. I have been playing Division 2 on my Xbox when I would rather play it on PC. However, every time I try to do so I have serious frame rate problems even on the lowest settings. When I use the bench marking feature on ultra or high it tells me that I should be able to run the game at about 50-55 fps a second. When I load up the game the game stutters so much that it makes me fix.

I know I can keep playing on my Xbox but I have people on this very site who I have friended on Uplay that I can play with. Also on the PC I have a mic and on the Xbox I don't. So when I start doing raids and strongholds on the highest lvl's I would like the option to talk to my partners. 

I will leave the specs to my computer below and if anyone has any further questions or advice I would love to hear it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QcChJiDbF-fBzVz5PjfztHFTQQ-6CVOQP0V8DGJAs8g/edit

Comments

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 113
    First of all when is the last time you ran Windows Updates? Current build is 1809 and you are on 17134. You may have the old cpu fix that Windows had issues with and has since been fixed in an update.

Secondly, you need to update your graphics drivers as you are using January's and many updates have came out since then, some specifically for this game.

Try those two things and it may solve your issues.
    H0urg1assOctagon7711
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,452
    Running the game on an AMD 8350 and an Nvidia 980ti i have 16gb of DDR3 ram, and yet, it runs Division 2 at 4k 60fps on my 4k monitor, this is using Win7/64 though so no dx12. All i can say is that the game runs very smoothly, its very responsive to input as you would want from a 'shooter' type game. Honestly, everything about Division 2 right now probably has Bioware crying in their beer!  ;)
    H0urg1assOctagon7711
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    You should have less than zero problems running this game with a i7 processor, GTX 1060 and a 1080p display.

I would do what Rynet said.  Your computer won't hand hold you like your console will.  Your console will update whenever it needs to for you without asking, but with a PC you've got to do all of the Windows and GPU updates yourself.
    ArteriusOctagon7711
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,894
    Having watched a streamer for a few days ,a good one and who knows his stuff it seemed like it was that HDR setting that would bog down the system.I have not played it myself but judging by what i see it looks like a cheap settings that just adds a ton of lighting and does it badly because it can often make the scene way too bright outdoors especially not so much inside.
    lighting effects will cause a lot of system resource use,so might be an issue with your gpu driver and the game settings.
    Almost always when you see a driver update they are targeting a certain game or two that is not running well on the recent driver.

Lighting/shaders/shadows/distance view all big draws on your machine.The two you can try after that would be LOD and anything to do with mesh detail and texture detail.I would think mesh detail would make a huge difference but truth is often graphics are already done very low end,like meshes are already low poly so changes don't help much.
    You can also go into your system and can't remember exactly where but there is a system monitor where you can see how much resources/MEMORY are being used.Background programs could be eating up what little room you have,point being games are so badly designed we often need 16 mb which i see you have and so called experts claim we should never need more than 16 but i disagree.

EQ2 was a 2004 game but even with new machines it runs like crap and i very highly doubt with the way games are rushed out now a days that the Division has any legit testing and tweaks done to it.Rather than listen to me,i just foudnd this article,easy to read/follow,likely has your answers.

BTW the game also ran badly on the consoles at times so yeah a poorly done game.https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/awg17x/the_division_2_high_cpulow_fpsstutterfps_drop/
    AlmostLancelot

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NightHaveNNightHaveN Member UncommonPosts: 1,049
    edited May 8
    Are you running it in DX12 mode?  I have a GTX1080 and on my system DX11 worked fine, but DX12 bring sporadic shuttering and a crash at least daily.

Also since you have only 3 GB VRam just to be safe, don't crank game settings higher than medium, specially textures if the option is available..
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,421
    Stuttering is a known issue, it isn't related to your hardware.

This could help:
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

alkarionlog
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Turn off directx 12 and uplay overlay.