Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard Review: Clickity-Clack, Guess Who’s Back? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRazer Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard Review: Clickity-Clack, Guess Who’s Back? - MMORPG.com

Razer has essentially been synonymous with gaming peripherals since PC gaming really went mainstream. As of this week, Razer has refreshed their line-up for the budget-conscious gamer. We’re covering all three new additions, beginning today with the new Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I always disliked the synapse software myself.

For the price I often get a shorter than expected lifespan out of the razer items I have owned. Everyone has their own experiences with things but I will not be buying razer again anytime soon due to this.
    The Synapse software isn't great. I use the Kraken Tournament edition headphones and while the sound quality is pretty great, the mic just sucks, and the settings in Synapse I need to change around to make it sound normal to my friends reset every single day until I open the software and open the tab that has the setting enabled. I don't physically have to change them, just opening the tabs cause the settings to change back, but it's really annoying. 

Probably just going to get a desk mic due to the awful software. 
    Samhael
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    The software is annoying always popping up but I've had the original chroma since it's original release with no issues.

I think I'll go Logitech next just for something different.
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

For the price I often get a shorter than expected lifespan out of the razer items I have owned. Everyone has their own experiences with things but I will not be buying razer again anytime soon due to this.

I've had the exact same experience with Razer, they must have an amazing PR department to have stayed as relevant as they have.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

I've heard this alot for some reason, which is why I never bothered with Razor. I've been using the same Logitech G710+ since 2012 and it's been great. Still looks new and works perfectly. Honestly it's the best KB I've ever owned.
    H0urg1ass
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Generally speaking, I have no problems with Razer products -- I am currently using the full suite of Razer products. However, as others have pointed out, Synapse is pretty poop, which is a real disappointment given the price of the hardware.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SsalaarSsalaar Member UncommonPosts: 3

Siris23 said:

I've had the exact same experience with Razer, they must have an amazing PR department to have stayed as relevant as they have.

I 100% agree, never again. Died before warranty over. Tried contacting them both times and got crickets. Never again. Aside from a mouse4 that needs to be online in order to call home and only then will work? Nope, Moved on.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I had to replace my Logitech 610 mouse a year of so ago.  But  that was because a rat had chewed through the wire.  Only issue I had with it was the glide pads were worn down to about half the original size.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Lulz @ spending 120 dollars on a keyboard.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    It amuses me that they even point out the "clickity clack" as something positive.
    That damn noise is in fact what keeps me from buying a mechanical keyboard.
    AndrewGoat
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

Dakeru said:

It amuses me that they even point out the "clickity clack" as something positive.
    That damn noise is in fact what keeps me from buying a mechanical keyboard.

But it makes you feel so productive and cool! Like you're busy hacking the NSA to save the world from the deep state lizard people, when you're really just typing out some dumb dad puns to your guild.
    Dakeru