Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent Siege & Skirmish Footage

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
One of many recent sieges (skip to 00:20 for the actual beginning):

Small scale:

PS That's reality, and this is how it looks after 10 days of recording and editing:

W...aaagh?
YashaX

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    So...18 more months you think?

:D
    JamesGoblinLokero

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Kyleran said:
    So...18 more months you think?

:D
    But...but...this time it will be different, I promise!
     W...aaagh?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Nice. Is the stuttering due to the game lagging or is it just because your computer can't handle recording and playing at the same time?
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    YashaX said:
    Nice. Is the stuttering due to the game lagging or is it just because your computer can't handle recording and playing at the same time?
    Ah, it's not mine - actually it's two different guys who just happened to play Faes (the flying race), first on Druid and second on Assassin.
     W...aaagh?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:
    Ah, it's not mine - actually it's two different guys who just happened to play Faes (the flying race), first on Druid and second on Assassin.
    Oh ok. Well it seemed pretty smooth on the small scale fights with the assassin, that big battle was pretty rough though.
    JamesGoblin
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Well, I've never had much hope for Crowfall, and every time I bother to watch a video of Crowfall, it just reaffirms that lack of hope.

Graphics:
    Holy crap, Is that the default UI?  Are they ever going to improve animations?  Those ability effects are horrible.
    Maybe it's time to hire another art team to come in and redo some... everything.  That's like a screen full of vomit.
    I kind of like the flaming shots from the catapult.  They stand out well, which is important in a large battle.  It's good to be able to see certain things, like siege attacks, over others.

I'd find it hard to believe they are still using a bunch of placeholder art, at this point.  I'm not even complaining about the general art direction(semi-cartoony), as it doesn't bother me.  But, everything else... it's just hideous to look at.

Battle:
    While the spell effects weren't quite as obnoxious(read: screen-covering) as GW2, the actual battle looked 10x more bland and shallow and actually made GW2's WvW look pretty good, by direct comparison.

As someone who doesn't check on it often, it just doesn't feel like this game ever progresses.
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited March 2019
    Lokero said:
    Well, I've never had much hope for Crowfall, and every time I bother to watch a video of Crowfall, it just reaffirms that lack of hope.

Graphics:
    Holy crap, Is that the default UI?  Are they ever going to improve animations?  Those ability effects are horrible.
    Maybe it's time to hire another art team to come in and redo some... everything.  That's like a screen full of vomit.
    I kind of like the flaming shots from the catapult.  They stand out well, which is important in a large battle.  It's good to be able to see certain things, like siege attacks, over others.

I'd find it hard to believe they are still using a bunch of placeholder art, at this point.  I'm not even complaining about the general art direction(semi-cartoony), as it doesn't bother me.  But, everything else... it's just hideous to look at.

Battle:
    While the spell effects weren't quite as obnoxious(read: screen-covering) as GW2, the actual battle looked 10x more bland and shallow and actually made GW2's WvW look pretty good, by direct comparison.

As someone who doesn't check on it often, it just doesn't feel like this game ever progresses.
    Some people we will just never see play Crowfall...   for most of us it could be stick figures as long as it is action combat and responsive.   I hardly notice most of the graphic blooms that are not my own.   I do watch the character animations for stage one combos to react...   that is all that is needed.   There isn't any placeholder art for animations, a lot was farmed out and any changes now on will be from the small internal art department.   Moving straight into alpha soon, then beta later this summer and launch.  What we backers want to see is the next character controller for performance above 50 v 50, more engaging capture mechanics, the Frostweaver class and then balancing efforts in Beta.   I seems your comment is about fluff over fight, Crowfall is an NA developed title, graphics are stylized for NA taste.
    YashaXJamesGoblinHatefullfrancis_baud