Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unique Hawaiian RPG 'Nightmarchers' Rebranded 'Ashes of Oahu' & Set for Spring Release - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited March 2019
    Gambling in Hawaii, let the natives run it like we do in Florida, makes most of the complaints go away.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited March 2019
    looks interesting...., will it be offered on steam?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Wyrmbyte said:

Albatroes said:

Why is the game being 're-branded'?

Because some Native Hawaiians we spoke with felt parts of our game were offensive, including the name Nightmarchers, so we changed everything they asked for.
    I completely respect that. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Torval said:
    Amathe said:
    Wyrmbyte said:

Albatroes said:

Why is the game being 're-branded'?

Because some Native Hawaiians we spoke with felt parts of our game were offensive, including the name Nightmarchers, so we changed everything they asked for.
    I completely respect that. 
    Agreed. There are two basic ways to go and they took the high road. How rare.
    I find this sort of process questionable, how on earth do you pick who decides what is objectionable for a culture? On the face of it, it seems worthy and doable, but imagine someone deciding for you what is "objectionable" in your culture and think about the issues with that.

But the attempt was made which I applaud.
    [Deleted User]