Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things revealed in the March 2019 Dev blog

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
So much to cover, breaking it into different threads and posts.

Things revealed: [and my observations]

1) They moved into new space last quarter.

[This certainly impacted release 0.5.0 delivery even if not stated as doing so.]

2) They have been heavily recruiting the past month.

[This has also slowed down progress on 0.5.0, evidenced by his two comments, "never-ending parade of interviews" and "the process can be a little disruptive at times".]

3) Three new hires, 17 people went through the interview and hiring process, more hiring to come.

[While Jeremy touts the benefits of the new hires, those are realized in the long term. 

Short term bringing on new team members actually slows current productivity down as existing employees take time from the regular work to interview, discuss, and train the newcomers.]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Gdemami

Comments

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    They slowed down on everything, when they took key members off the game to work on events/promotions. On the plus side, at least with so many triple A companies firing people. Must be a nice amount of people to pick from. Here is hoping they pick up a few good ones. I'm sure there is someway to see who they are recruiting, be interesting to see what roles they are picking up.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    @Kyleran. What is missing is how many people left.  We know some did. Hiring x people is a meaningless stat unless you know the baseline.
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    New office space AND new hires ?

The finances must have improved substantially since the earlier round of layoffs !
    Kyleran