Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community Servers

Dan2607Dan2607 Member UncommonPosts: 35
I've been looking about this game, anticipating joining at Steam launch.

Some of the Community Servers look interesting. Anyone give me a heads up on how to join a Community Server and if this option will still be available if entering through Steam.

Thanks.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2019
    Just logged in to check for you. 

On the server select screen.
    Two tabs on top. "official" tab has three, and "community" has ten.  Don't know much about the community ones as I play on one of the official ones.

I don't think anyone knows the full details of how Steam will handle everything.  But all I know is our accounts will merge and at least the three official ones will follow if not all.

Release rummer was March, but now it's saying Spring.
  • Dan2607Dan2607 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Thanks for info.

Whats your thoughts on the state of the game at the moment.

Yeah, I noticed the date had gone from March 21st to "Spring".
    edited March 2019
    Dan2607 said:
    Thanks for info.

Whats your thoughts on the state of the game at the moment.

Yeah, I noticed the date had gone from March 21st to "Spring".
    I LOVE this game, cant get enough.  It's been a long time since I day dream at work about an mmorpg.  It's deep already and they plan on adding more.  It's also a full game as it stands right now.  I would say it's ready for release right now. 

I'll list my negatives and gripes... This is in no way saying the game isn't worth it... But I want to put everything on the table:  

- /tell chat is turned off.  This makes it NEAR impossible to communicate.  Instead they encourage everyone use discord voice chat.  Because of this its impossible to play with others unless you join a guild..... It gets more detailed than this.   I really hope they open chat to the servers other than basic /say before the Steam launch.    

-Top down view takes a lot of getting used too... Took about a week and I'm fine with it now.  Eventually something that was a negative turned to a positive by not seeing too far ahead, leaves the feeling of supprise danger of getting jumped by mobs.

-Hit boxes for picking herbs and mining, mounting horses and opening doors can be small and irritating. 

Like I say this is a fantastic mmorpg.  It could be hard, dieing can be painful  retrieving your stuff, and yes you can loose everything.  BUT armor and weapons are totally disposable, bank valuables often and you can relax and laugh if you loose. 

Without going into detail the safe zones are very large. I'm on the less populated server (verdant earth) and have yet to be attacked by PvP, however I hear stories.   
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • Dan2607Dan2607 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Thanks for that, appreciated.

Yeah I think I'm gonna like it. Just deciding whether to jump now or wait till Steam.
    Guaranteed they will roll all accounts over for the release.  I'm sure they will make many more servers. No one really know much details other than this.   I do hope they fix the in game server chat.  However it's strange I'm the only one complaining that no one is talking in-game. You see people grouping and they all seem to be playing within their guild.