Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your most played games in terms of hours? (only of those games that which tracks play time)

BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 514
edited March 2019 in General Gaming
WoW - 589 days played on my Troll Hunter, 2nd would be 134 days played on my Dwarf Hunter, 3rd is my human warlock at 49 days played. I no longer play WoW though, can only play so much of one game

(rest is on steam)
Skyrim Legendary Edition - 1139 hours (I still play it cause of mods)
Europa Universalis 4 - 976 hours (still play it, love the MEIOU mod makes it kinda like victoria 2)
Mount and Blade Warband - 764 hours (no longer play it)
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword - 520 hours played (all of it is with the caveman 2 cosmos mod, no longer play it)
Victoria 2 - 234 hours played (still play it)
Civ 5 - 230 hours played (no longer play it, but I do play Civ 6)

All the rest of my steam games are below 200 hours.
Phaserlight

Comments

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    I played DAoC for 12 years. I have a lvl 50 in every class on every realm and at least 15 are RR5+... but I'd have to resub to get a played time.
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk from the past but man alive i have a lot of hours in Atlas in a rather short time.The hours are tracked on Steam,i would say between 2 computers ,easily over a 1000 hours.
    So when you see all these games that usually have like 30-60 hours of gameplay,who is getting value from there game and who is not?
    So during this 1000+ hours i bet some people have bought 4/5/6 games and likely all of them are collecting dust in a very short time.

I have always had this trend,has absolutely nothing to do with being cheap/thrifty,but has everything to do with ,i just pick games i really want to like and stay with for a long time.Atlas is actually a game design,i dreamed about as a kid  and if i wanted to make my own game,it would be similar to Atlas.

Now obviously Dark N light and Ark are very similar ,so they likely have a lot of value in those games as well,imo pick a game like that you will enjoy for a long time,it saves the anguish and disappointment sifting through hundreds of crappy games and WASTING your time.
    Hatefull

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    My Mithra on FFXI takes the cake for most played game in my life: 24,656hrs - 1027 Days
    BaalzharonKyleran
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Well I have about 3500 hours in total put into the Total War franchise but that is spread across 10 games with about 350 hours on average for each (Medieval 1 & 2, Rome 1 & 2, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun, Attila, Warhammer 1 & 2).  All single player hours.  I need to be able to pause during battles so no multiplayer for me.
    Baalzharon

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• jonesyorgjonesyorg Member UncommonPosts: 33
    My friends think I'm crazy, but over 600 hours in Tales of Maj'eyal.  I've finished that game so many times with different classes/builds, it's almost depressing to look back.  Of course I'll play it again...
    Baalzharon
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Civilization V - 3356 hours and still rising.
    PalebaneBaalzharon
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2019
    Everquest, WoW, Fallout: New Vegas, Civ V. No way to track the countless hours I spent playing Quake 2 multiplayer, or Super Tecmo Bowl on SNES.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• CitizenX007CitizenX007 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Anarchy Online: in spite of it being basically unplayable at launch, I stuck with it and played it for about 3 years. However, I would never even consider playing another Funcom product for the rest of my natural life!

Jagged Alliance 2: thousands of hours on this old school turn-based rpg classic.

Caesar 3: thousands of hours on this city-building gem.

Played all the games in the C&C franchise...I have no idea how many thousands of hours i put into these games, but it's a bunch!

Played all the games in the Fallout RPG series...several thousands of hours on these.

Played all the games in the Fallout FPS series...many thousands of hours on these; probably over 1,500 hrs on New Vegas alone.

Pillars of Eternity: 486 hrs.

TERA Online: probably over 2,000 hrs.

Borderlands: 609 hrs.

Borderlands 2: 987 hrs.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut: 1,232 hrs.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown: 658 hrs.

XCOM 2: Enemy Within: 471 hrs.

XCOM 2: 1,125 hrs.

Divinity: Original Sin 2: 657 hrs.

Guild Wars 2: 1,588 hrs.

Black Desert Online: about an hour and a half in the character creation screen...but only about 30 seconds of actual gameplay, total, in the past 3 days. Most unstable POS I've ever hatefully scrubbed off my hard drive!

There are many more, especially from my console days, but I only play PC games now, so...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2019
    It's probably LOTRO, Asheron's Call, UFO Enemy Unknown (the first X-COM), GW2, Borderlands 2, GW1.. in that order.

After that, it's anyone's guess.. could be anything from Daggerfall to Colonization to Master of Magic to Skyrim to Witcher 3.. who knows. Hell, Diablo 1 might take the 2nd place.. I just don't know, damn it!

I have no idea the actual hours. I know it's more than 1200 hours for Borderlands 2.. 5000+ for LOTRO.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    FFXIV - It says 1000 days in FFXIV. Maybe that's correct. But only about 100 of those days playing which is 2400 actively playing and the other 900 days afk.

WoW - I remember checking one time and it said 600 days but that was awhile ago.

Then it's Realms of Magic or something retarded like that with 805 hours

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2019
    Anarchy Online: in spite of it being basically unplayable at launch, I stuck with it and played it for about 3 years. However, I would never even consider playing another Funcom product for the rest of my natural life!

Jagged Alliance 2: thousands of hours on this old school turn-based rpg classic.

*Snip by cleaver*

I can't play a run through without Meltdown.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Xatsh said:
    My Mithra on FFXI takes the cake for most played game in my life: 24,656hrs - 1027 Days
    idk how many hours but over 15+ years i am sure it is in the multiple thousands.Doing some simple math in my head i would say 1200 hours easy a year x12-15=yeah a lot ,like 15k hours or so but who knows some day/weekends might have spent 6-8 hours a day.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Holy shit, some of you guys. Do those that play one game for 25k hours, do you have jobs?

Path of exile = 1634
    Civ 4 = 454
    Civ 5 = 171
    Conan exiles = 174
    Divinity original sin = 131
    Mortal online = 143 hours 
    Tera = 31 hours
    Dark souls 3 = 20
    The witcher 3 = 12 hours

Played EVE probably over 1000 hours
    Lineage 2 = 500 hours
    Entropia = 400 hours
    Wow= 120 hours
    Diablo 2  and mods = 2000 hours probably
    Starcrafts = 600

All from about 1999
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Lineage 2 - Several thousand hours, I played from BETA until Free to play, an average of 3 hours/Night a lot more when I had days off.

Planetside 2 - again, thousands of hours.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited March 2019
    Master of Magic: 1000+ hours. I played this game a LOT in the early 2000's.

Morrowind: Well over 3000 hours. This also was played a LOT when it came out. I have 4 copies of this game. Possibly the best RPG I have yet played.

Skyrim: Well over 2000 hours.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2: 1 over 700 hours, 2 over 500 hours. It took me a long time to "appreciate" #2 :)

Only Skyrim has a tracker, but I play in Steam's "offline" mode.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    For generic purpose 2000 hours is what is considered a 'full time' job. 50 weeks @ 40 hrs a week. with 2 weeks vacation.

Obviously that has probably changed over time but most employers still consider 2000 as a base amount of hours they want employees to work per year.

So when you start adding up time in video games keep that in mind.

That being said I have several games with over 1000 hours in them. On Steam my top game is ARK (and I havent played it in almost 3 years) Life is Feudal and  Ascent are right behind it. Both "indie'' type games. Fallout 4 is next with Witcher right there. but those games I play from time to time so its a lot of accrued time.

But for non Steam tracked I would say Lotro is number one, and I havent played that game steadily in 5 or 6 years I would say.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Holy shit, some of you guys. Do those that play one game for 25k hours, do you have jobs?

Path of exile = 1634
    Civ 4 = 454
    Civ 5 = 171
    Conan exiles = 174
    Divinity original sin = 131
    Mortal online = 143 hours 
    Tera = 31 hours
    Dark souls 3 = 20
    The witcher 3 = 12 hours

Played EVE probably over 1000 hours
    Lineage 2 = 500 hours
    Entropia = 400 hours
    Wow= 120 hours
    Diablo 2  and mods = 2000 hours probably
    Starcrafts = 600

All from about 1999
    C'mon,  your POE figure is in days right, or perhaps weeks?

;)

About 1400 hours in Fallout 4, far and away above FONV which was at 285.

No how many days played in EVE or DAOC, though in EVE I've got 10 years in paid sub time, for anywhere from 2 to 6 accounts.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Only for recently tracked:

Vendetta Online - 1,858 hours
    RimWorld - 108 hours
    Massive Chalice - 55 hours
    Distance - 42 hours
    Darkest Dungeon - 38 hours
    CS:GO - 22 hours
    Polygod - 13 hours

Everything else is below 10.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• solange1337solange1337 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A very interesting post, it was worth reading it before, it seems to me that I need to arrange a discussion on this topic and I believe that you need the right teacher to write good posts.