Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which long awaited Developer Letter are you more interested in?

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,043
This week we have been told that Chroncles Of Elyria will finally be releasing their State Of Elyria Update (originally planned for around Christmas).  We have also been told that Ashes of Creation will drop their long awaiting Developers Letter (originally mentioned a month ago)

Which are you more interested in and why?  Do these kind of updates matter to you as a consumer?  What type of info do you expect?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,628
    I'm interested in CoE because I want to see you shit on them like it is going out of style. 

(For myself, i'd go with CoE, I don't mind P2W games)
    NordicApache
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I used to follow both and be eager for info. Lately I feel more "meh" at new info and Dev Updates. Though the comment section of CoE is probably going to entertain me!
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,836
    Ashes of Creation because I want to see all the fanboys reaction when they push the game back until 2020 
    KyleranparrotpholkMadFrenchie
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,043
    Arterius said:
    Ashes of Creation because I want to see all the fanboys reaction when they push the game back until 2020 
    I think most folks have to expect that.  Even the biggest fans.
    Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,895
    Ashes of Creation,  who basically went  dark after months of hype for the BR. 

Also want to see the time line for AtM, as others said it just has to move out of 2019, real question is how far, in light of reported technical challenges Apocalypse revealed.

Hopefully they'll announce the return of their forums, which has been a real puzzler that it's taking so long. (They just aren't that hard, at least if you hire someone who knows what they are doing)
    MadFrenchie

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    Interested in both equally because at some point one of these crowd funded games needs to hold themselves accountable for their stupid decisions.  I am curious when that will happen as all have been a disaster to this point that were supposedly 100% crowd funded.  Some of the partial crowd funded games still have life such as Pantheon and Dual Universe.

I think Steven is the better wordsmith of the two so his will likely be out there to soothe the souls still holding out hope for the MMO.  Caspian likely will not be able to help himself by stepping into a giant cow pie.

Either way both should be full of disappointment for the fans if they are being honest and up front but sure they will try to spin failure into success.
    GdemamiMendel
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 3,931
    I doubt CoE will ever be released.  Ash of Creation is no where near complete and may never be more than a BR.  

parrotpholkKyleran
    Interested in both equally because at some point one of these crowd funded games needs to hold themselves accountable for their stupid decisions.  I am curious when that will happen as all have been a disaster to this point that were supposedly 100% crowd funded.  Some of the partial crowd funded games still have life such as Pantheon and Dual Universe.

I think Steven is the better wordsmith of the two so his will likely be out there to soothe the souls still holding out hope for the MMO.  Caspian likely will not be able to help himself by stepping into a giant cow pie.

Either way both should be full of disappointment for the fans if they are being honest and up front but sure they will try to spin failure into success.
    Oh I can virtually guarantee that these end up being incredibly positive.  That’s fine.  Just remember their words in a few months when they make new promises.  Did they do what they said they would do previously?  If so great!  If not... be skeptical of believing what they say.

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,269
    I want to receive whichever Developer's letter that comes with a check!

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,745
    none? unless its a real thing, they will try to gather sympathy and say theya re working on it, so unless its a launch date, a true launch date, its waste of time to even care what they have to say
    Nilden
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 341
    its either Camelot  Unchained or nothing. Im not jumping into another unfinished EA dumb mmo thats right now under developing.
    Hefaistos said:
    its either Camelot  Unchained or nothing. Im not jumping into another unfinished EA dumb mmo thats right now under developing.
    Well one certainly is enough I'll agree.

:D

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,435
    Chris Roberts children on the release of Star Citizen.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,708
    It's like a race between two glaciers. 
    KyleranMadFrenchie

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,744
    CoE as long as you bought a sanely sized project probably got that $20 to $80 worth of entertainment in drama alone.   

Kind of like a hot sauce challenge, you probably aren't going to enjoy the actions themselves.  But get enough people involved and it becomes a great time.
    Kyleran

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,968
    What is this developer letter of which you speak?  Does it involve a game launching?  Or at least an open beta that announces a launch date?

If not, then why does it matter?
    Quizzical said:
    What is this developer letter of which you speak?  Does it involve a game launching?  Or at least an open beta that announces a launch date?

If not, then why does it matter?
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/479895/director-s-letter

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,896
    Pretty much none of them. I'm so jaded by the lies and missed dates by all of them that I just care about actual honest for real realzies releases and launches.

Even then I guess that's when they start taking money for a game that people can actually play. To clarify...

It saddens me that I have to clarify that because they do everything from DLC in earlly access to alpha releases and take cash in the 10000s for kickstarters with just the promise of a game in the future in today's gaming market.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,444
    Only thing i want to see BEFORE a game,is the design,i am not interested in chit chat because devs have only one agenda,to mislead you on their product.
    After the release day,i only want to hear what they are doing for content WITHOUT charging us and do they acknowledge the bugs that need fixing.
    After release date,i don't want to hear the typical crap like "we have 2 millions players in the first hour" or we are "restructuring" or we just hired "bla bla bla",in other words,i don't want to hear anything except the game,no sales pitch or deceptive tactics of any kind.

Normally websites do not allow developers to advertise on their platform,so when you do see it,you know the developer is in on it,so DECEPTIVE tactics incoming.

I used to adore Square Enix because when we got a letter from them it was straight to the point,no bullshit,no misleading stuff like "we are making this great game and ....ON MOBILE,just for YOU and your FAMILY...YAY!!!".Like in all my years gaming i can't think of a more honest developer,of course over the last 5 years my stance has changed a bit.

OK so my answer to the topic at hand?Well let's compare two games first?Crowfall,we hear about that game literally every time they write a line of code,it gets at least to me sickening after so many pointless threads.OK so now FFXI mobile,have you heard ANYTHING at all,ANY advertising,any partnered news or previews with websites?NOTHING,like i said straight to the point,when they have something meaningful to say they will let us know,they skip all the commercials crap.So yeah i look forward to one day hearing about FFXI mobile and with new owners behind nexon,should be interesting to see what happens.

Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,147
    Neither
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,066
    Not sure because I have no Idea when "COE" is ever going to be released or how good it's going to be...
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 2,993
    edited March 8
    Pantheon likely after their next big development stage has completed. News out of that camp is rare enough, so a big reveal of an outline for Beta through release would be really nice.

I don't need it for Camelot unchained because they literally update everyone each week live. To not know exactly where that game stands at any moment, is a dedicated act of ignorance.

You stay sassy!

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,269
    My checks are missing, so neither game met my expectations.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

edited March 9
    Tamanous said:
    Pantheon likely after their next big development stage has completed. News out of that camp is rare enough, so a big reveal of an outline for Beta through release would be really nice.

I don't need it for Camelot unchained because they literally update everyone each week live. To not know exactly where that game stands at any moment, is a dedicated act of ignorance.
    So the release date is when exactly? How about the NDA takedown?

CUs newsletters are chocked full of what they've been doing, but almost no details about how much work is left and when they expect to complete each piece.

The only ignorance is to believe they are being straight up honest on everything, (much of this is a smokescreen to deflect), but clearly there are those who believe so.