Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal DDR4-3200 C16 Review: More Bling

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageG.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal DDR4-3200 C16 Review: More Bling

It’s never been so easy to build a showpiece computer system. With the rise of RGB and tempered glass cases, you can completely customize your setup to become the centerpiece of a whole room. Today, we’re looking at one of the most eye-catching memory sets we’ve ever encountered with the G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal. They’re gorgeous but does the performance warrant the extra spend? Find out in our official review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Some great showpiece builds popping up on reddit. But rgb everywhere can be annoying. Im a fan of 1 or 2 color schemes myself.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    How is RGB lighting a pro and not a con?
    Ozmodan
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Quizzical said:

How is RGB lighting a pro and not a con?

Because it's mesmerizing! There is a point where it's too much. I built that system (pictured above). It makes that whole side of my office feel like a giant rave party. You'll see the whole thing in an article this weekend, but the idea was RGB Overkill and boy oh boy was it a success.
    mcd6993
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    And after you finish the build, perfect fit with this:

bartoni33

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Why would you buy these CL 16 sticks for 20 dollars less than a set of CL 14 sticks? Oh yeah, cause RGB sells.
    Ozmodan
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    Or you could get basically the same thing without the RGB lighting for $110:

Or even with RGB lighting from another brand for $110:

For that matter, you could even get exactly that same reviewed memory kit for $140:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232476

$180 is way, way too much to pay for it.  Of course, so is $140.
    bartoni33Ozmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Funny about all this RGB when the vast majority of desktops sit under the desk.  I build PCs for people all the time and once the discussion reaches where the PC will sit, RGB ends up limited to the front of the case.  So these memory sticks are just a waste of money.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Ozmodan said:
    Funny about all this RGB when the vast majority of desktops sit under the desk.  I build PCs for people all the time and once the discussion reaches where the PC will sit, RGB ends up limited to the front of the case.  So these memory sticks are just a waste of money.
    Because you're doing it wrong.

cardjesterbartoni33
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    NorseGod said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Because you're doing it wrong.

I could never use a computer like that.

What's with some people who create that kind of distractions to themselves in a world that's already too full of distractions.

Monitor's power LED is about at the limit of how much RBG I can tolerate on my computer table.