Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My impressions of the Kurtzpel NA Beta

IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
Gonna keep this one short and sweet. I tried to put in some time with the game during the Closed beta, and I really just couldn't bring myself to play more than a few short sessions. 

Here is a video of my experience: 

Thoughts after playing: 

• Game feels disjointed, and for me there was a major disconnect to everything. No connection to the world, to the story, to my character, and most importantly no connection to the players I am playing with.
  • To me it felt like they could have replaced every player in the game with bots, and I would not have noticed. 
  • The gameplay felt really dizzying, the camera feels really jerky and this doesn't combine well with the chaotic combat. 
  • PvP combat is like a constant swirl of chaos. It really reminded me of Lost Ark 3v3's, how there are no true battle lines. The battle is just constantly swirling, and it really diminishes ability to coordinate. 
  • Going hand in hand with disconnection, the game felt very anti-social. There was very little chatting when I was in the game, and anytime I was on a PvE mission or PvP mission with people nobody said a word. 
  • Combat was fluid and responsive, at the same time I didn't really enjoy the design. The way they implemented the mix of soft and hard targeting just didn't seem to mesh well imo. 
  • My whole gameplay experience just kind of felt like, "What is the purpose of my game? What is my character doing? What the hell is going on?"
  • The game also likes to throw a crap ton of loot at you when you log in, you get around 14 items as log in rewards. To me this never feels good, and doesn't make for a compelling experience. 
Conclusion: The gameplay itself is fluid, the game is pretty. But that is about it for me. I wasn't drawn in, and I just felt a major disconnect with the game. I had much more fun in similar games like Dragon's Nest when they first released. I felt they did a better job of pulling off the hub based mission sort of game. It will be a hard pass for me whenever this game releases. 
Lokero