Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria, early review (soon to be on Steem)

2»

Comments

• BooLadedadaBooLadedada Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Wargfoot said:
    I can only play video games after my 3.5 yo goes to sleep. My room is next to his and i dont want to be chatting with random folks at that late hour
    I pretty much stay away from chat clients.

I used to jump into them when I was in LOTRO but it wasn't long before people started telling me about their suicidal thoughts, or girl friend problems, or the end of a marriage, or about how border patrol agents can really make you sweat when you have a load of Columbian Cocaine stuffed in the truck and how he was investigating a dead hooker who washed up on a beach in Cozumel which is why the whole thing with the border patrol better not go sideways because he only has 12 hrs to get to Denver....

I'm here to play a game not be a budget Dr. Phil.

Damn.

This made me laugh out loud. I struggle at this very moment with Discord having to be a requirement in a Guild. I don't mind if it is used for game purposes but hearing other's conquests and whatever crap they feel talking about does not concern me when I'm playing a game 
    ScotKyleranPalebane
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Wargfoot said:
    I can only play video games after my 3.5 yo goes to sleep. My room is next to his and i dont want to be chatting with random folks at that late hour
    I pretty much stay away from chat clients.

I used to jump into them when I was in LOTRO but it wasn't long before people started telling me about their suicidal thoughts, or girl friend problems, or the end of a marriage, or about how border patrol agents can really make you sweat when you have a load of Columbian Cocaine stuffed in the truck and how he was investigating a dead hooker who washed up on a beach in Cozumel which is why the whole thing with the border patrol better not go sideways because he only has 12 hrs to get to Denver....

I'm here to play a game not be a budget Dr. Phil.

Damn.

This made me laugh out loud. I struggle at this very moment with Discord having to be a requirement in a Guild. I don't mind if it is used for game purposes but hearing other's conquests and whatever crap they feel talking about does not concern me when I'm playing a game 
    Welcome to the boards! :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited February 2019
    Scot said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Great and insightful post. Loved it, @delete5230

You do realise there are two Deletes? This one and the one that's had a few jars before he posts. :)
    I think what your trying to say is clean up my act.
    I'll try :)

It is a testament to the human mind that no matter what you put we come up with something to talk about, not having a go here it just shows how our minds work. No matter how much we don't understand we seize on what we do and extrapolate from there.

This is a valuable lesson for life, remember your brain wants to find order and will even make it up without sufficent evidence to form an opinion.

Crack on with your threads we always have a good chat in them. :)
    Kyleran
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Honestly, 

I'm the type of person that would be playing a game and talk about everything but the game . . . that is if I ever were to get on discord and get comfortable with random peeps. 

One night, i was playing PoE and in chat there was a discussion about interesting working conditions in certain European countries. It was quite interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. 

Also, let's be honest, most MMO's and other games are completely and utterly mindless and take like 8 brain cells total to play. When I was in a long-distance relationship with my now-wife, 99% of the time we spoke on the phone, i was playing a baseball game in the background or else talking would have been complete torture. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.