Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Seems to be Teasing Another Fallout Game - Is it New or a Remaster?

2»

Comments

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

Cleffy said:

The timing is right on an expansion or DLC.

Thinking the same, most likely just an expansion for Fallout76, guessing they started working on it even before the release of Fo76. Had they known how poorly the game would be recieved, im sure it would've been canceled
    bartoni33Alomar
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Fallout 76... Private Server Edition.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited February 2019

Antarious said:

Fallout 76... Private Server Edition.

Nope! Fallout 76 REMASTER !!! Including all patches and more!

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    end of paying F76 alpha/beta testing & final realise game
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

dinogn said:

Fallout mobile ;).

Yeah, Besthesda will take a page out of Blizzard's playbook & while listening to what the players want add a Fallout mobile version. lol A lot of gaming companies, not just mmos, are sticking it to the players recently & telling us to like it. For myself that won't happen, there's plenty of other good games in the ether I need to catch-up on anyways while these companies either remember to make games for the players or maybe get wiped out.
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    I'm guessing... Starfield?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Fallout 76 expansion- Its All Your Vault

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ArskaaaMadFrenchieKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Only thing atm I'm interesting in from Bethesda are that space rpg named starfield they are working on.
    Agent_Joseph
  • DarthBumblebeeDarthBumblebee Member UncommonPosts: 14
    It would be possible that it is Starfield. Starfield is rumoured to be part of the Fallout-timeline, so the "Fallout-like countdown" could fit.
    Also if they would release Starfield this year they would surprise the single-player-fans and make them happy again.
    SlyLoK
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Maybe a Fallout remaster of some sort to try to get some goodwill back.

Oddly enough F76 is the only fallout game that I have stuck with for more than an hour or two. The gunplay and melee are still terrible like the rest but I always find myself playing it.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I can see it being a New Vegas remaster or something akin to that.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Torval said:
    Just give us new elder scrolls. Enough with the fall out already.
    That isn't likely for a long while. The release title is in trademark litigation over the name. It's not even scheduled to be heard until later this year. Their ability to fuck up seems boundless right now. 
    Isn't redfall just the codename? The 4 previous main ES games have been named after a place. Daggerfall , Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim.. why would it change? Probably why their lawyers never responded to him.

Besides that writer is just after a quick check. No one would confuse his crap writings with a video game called The Elder Scrolls Redfall even it was was the name of the game which it likely isn't.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Torval said:
    That isn't likely for a long while. The release title is in trademark litigation over the name. It's not even scheduled to be heard until later this year. Their ability to fuck up seems boundless right now. 
    They haven't done any advertising with the name Redfall, so if the release were up to a trademark problem they'd change the game's name.

Likely there is not fuck-up and Bethesda just isn't concerned about it at this point because they don't need to decide the game's name yet.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    How about we get a remaster of the original Fallout games, 1+2, that would be amazing!

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2019
    Torval said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Torval said:
    Isn't redfall just the codename? The 4 previous main ES games have been named after a place. Daggerfall , Morrowind , Oblivion , Skyrim.. why would it change? Probably why their lawyers never responded to him.

Besides that writer is just after a quick check. No one would confuse his crap writings with a video game called The Elder Scrolls Redfall even it was was the name of the game which it likely isn't.
    Vrika said:
    Torval said:
    They haven't done any advertising with the name Redfall, so if the release were up to a trademark problem they'd change the game's name.

Likely there is not fuck-up and Bethesda just isn't concerned about it at this point because they don't need to decide the game's name yet.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/elder-scrolls-6-could-launch-as-late-as-2021-because-of-a-battle-over-that-bethesda-redfall-trademark/

I guess then Bethesda shouldn't try and trademark this. This isn't the author doing anything wrong but protecting their IP. Bethesda is the aggressive party trying to push a trademark. Bethesda is the guilty greedy party here. But as we can see gamers are ready to come to their defense and gaslight their horrible monetary practices.
    Neither party is doing anything wrong: Bethesda has applied for a trademark no-one had before, and the author has opposed it because it's the name of his book series.

Sometimes there can genuinely be a situation where officials have to decide who has some right even though no-one has done anything wrong.
    sausagemix

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They could easily make another FO76 in a year,the game is THAT cheap.Or they could simply scam consumers by rehashing the same code/assets and give it another title aka DnL>Ark>Atlas type ordeal.
    No matter what it is you can bet it will be cheaply made,carry a fancy marketing video and be emailed to all the websites for some endorsement.
    I thought FO76 was absolute garbage,like not worth a penny,nor worth my time to play it,so i wouldn't buy anything by this team for quite some time,they have to prove they care about their products.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Torval said:

Vrika said:

Torval said:

SlyLoK said:

Torval said:

Vrika said:

Torval said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/elder-scrolls-6-could-launch-as-late-as-2021-because-of-a-battle-over-that-bethesda-redfall-trademark/

I guess then Bethesda shouldn't try and trademark this. This isn't the author doing anything wrong but protecting their IP. Bethesda is the aggressive party trying to push a trademark. Bethesda is the guilty greedy party here. But as we can see gamers are ready to come to their defense and gaslight their horrible monetary practices.

Neither party is doing anything wrong: Bethesda has applied for a trademark no-one had before, and the author has opposed it because it's the name of his book series.

Sometimes there can genuinely be a situation where officials have to decide who has some right even though no-one has done anything wrong.

No, it is wrong. There are games and IPs that use Redwall and have done so before The Elder Scrolls. This is Zenimax trying to force everyone else out of using that name for their own personal gain at the expense of everyone else. This is Zenimax leveraging the legal system to squash competition and strongarm their position. It's a horrible practice.

Do you mean redfall? Redwall is a childrens book series about woodland critters that murder each other. (Grew up with em have all of em in hard back :D)
    [Deleted User]
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Fallout 77 here we come!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    No one here has really played 76, but they sure can pass judgement like a pro. I actually did play it, for probably over 100 hours, over half of that required to explore what is a massive and immersive and detailed game world.

Not only that, the people criticizing Bethesda as if it were one singular entity are also ignorant, because Bethesda has several studios as well as being a publisher. The people who made 76 aren't the same team from FO4 nor ES. And to everyone's claims that Bethesda has fallen low or they won't buy their games... ha ha , yeah you aren't fooling anyone. There's like 3 brands that make quality RPGs any more, so yeah you effin will buy their stuff or you won't have anything to play that's worth a damn. Apex is over there with all the kids --->
    Skymourne
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited February 2019
    Theres no way it could or would come out sooner, At last years E3, he layed out the rough roadmap for their studio,  Starfield is in full production, with the next ES slated to be started on after the Starfield release, though he didnt mention it, Id wager the next fallout will be after that, and with their timelines, approx 4-5 years per title, its going to be a long time till we see ES, and a extremely long time till we see another "proper" fallout game. 
    A lot depends on how far down the road Starfield is. F4 was released in Nov 2015, so if they keep a similar release cadence they have for the past 20yrs, it may be around early/mid 2020. I wouldnt expect to see the next ES till 2024 at the earliest.
    You also have to remember that in the previous E3(2017) when asked about the next ES, he replied that the tech he wants to employ in the next ES does not exist and that it was a very long way out, keeping in mind most of their projects take 5yrs to make, so 5yrs to him is not a "very long time". With all this info, I knew when they teased a fallout game, which ended up being 76, that it was not a fallout game as the timeline didnt permit it.
    What they have done is found ways to inject some cash inbetween their main titles, with fallout shelter, 76 and the ES browser game which is close to release.
    Post edited by Mowzer on
    [Deleted User]
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Arterius said:
    adam_nox said:
    No one here has really played 76, but they sure can pass judgement like a pro. I actually did play it, for probably over 100 hours, over half of that required to explore what is a massive and immersive and detailed game world.

Not only that, the people criticizing Bethesda as if it were one singular entity are also ignorant, because Bethesda has several studios as well as being a publisher. The people who made 76 aren't the same team from FO4 nor ES. And to everyone's claims that Bethesda has fallen low or they won't buy their games... ha ha , yeah you aren't fooling anyone. There's like 3 brands that make quality RPGs any more, so yeah you effin will buy their stuff or you won't have anything to play that's worth a damn. Apex is over there with all the kids --->
    People will complain but your right. Everyone on here will more than likely buy Doom 2
    Indeed, theres only 2 companies in the world right now I would pre-order sight unseen, Bethesda being one and CD Projekt the other.
    I wont be buying Doom 2 sorry, not my cup of tea  :p  But I will be pre ordering Starfield.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    The Amazon link apparently has been removed.

Let's party like it is 1863!