Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For About $31,500, You Can Have an 'Official' Final Fantasy XIV Wedding in Japan - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Arterius said:
    so for those who are already married, how much does a typical run of the mill wedding cost? is a wedding even worth 31k?
    I had a small wedding in October of 2017 and it was only about 4k or so if that. The most expensive thing was the venue which was 1k
    Is that you and your spouse in your avatar pic? You make a nice couple/ :) 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    hmmm $31,500? for that price... does that bundle include REAL wife? :P
    WhiteLantern
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

ceh430 said:

people here want to get a wife, but only want to spend $500, and for a virtual mount they can spend $10k-$60k :D
    AmatheOctagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    A co-worker once told everybody, "Always marry someone better off than you, cause it must be love if you ain't got no money." :blush:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why is everyone talking about the value of this wedding package instead of how ridiculous the whole thing is? lol
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I'm curious how many couples will actually do this.  Someone apparently thinks that there's enough of a market for it to offer it.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

ceh430 said:

people here want to get a wife, but only want to spend $500, and for a virtual mount they can spend $10k-$60k :D

The virtual mount doesnt complain when you want to ride it.
    Octagon7711ceh430[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Quizzical said:
    I'm curious how many couples will actually do this.  Someone apparently thinks that there's enough of a market for it to offer it.
    In Japan people are quite serious about their interests, the whole otaku thing should give a hint of how committed they are and what lengths some collectors go to. This is not even strange by their yardstick.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    31K to say "I Do"?

Hope it includes a Real Life Chocobo, and Stylists to make sure people can appear like their favorite in-game characters dragons / kitty's.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Why is everyone talking about the value of this wedding package instead of how ridiculous the whole thing is? lol
    Because I've seen underwater weddings, Star Trek weddings, and a few other very creative weddings, I don't see that as unusual at all.
    Master of World of Warcraft  Why Has Warcraft Not Been

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Awww, that's so cute! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    edited February 2019
    cheyane said:
    Quizzical said:
    In Japan people are quite serious about their interests, the whole otaku thing should give a hint of how committed they are and what lengths some collectors go to. This is not even strange by their yardstick.
    There's still a difference between two couples buying this versus two hundred.  I'm not saying that it's good or bad.  I'm just curious how many they'll sell.
    Because I've seen underwater weddings, Star Trek weddings, and a few other very creative weddings, I don't see that as unusual at all.
    Master of World of Warcraft  Why Has Warcraft Not Been
    It's unusual to me. I'm not in that kind of crowd at all. I think it's a lot less common in the UK as well.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Well, it's on a site literally talking about video games for one. This is also not new. Even in las Vegas you can have a theme wedding.

edited February 2019
    Bloodaxes said:
    Well, it's on a site literally talking about video games for one. This is also not new. Even in las Vegas you can have a theme wedding.
    Not all gamers are interested in this type of thing. I think those that are are probably the minority.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hate on it. It's just not something I'm personally used to or would ever be interested in. It'd probably be a fun time though.. normal weddings are quite boring, for the guests.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    How much is an Angry Birds wedding in Finland ?
    PhaserlightScot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

was listening to the radio yesterday and average USA wedding is now $33k.

Listening to the radio? Steady on next thing you will be reading a book or something. :)
    I think its fab, I would much rather see this as the effect MMORPG's on our society rather than the likes of promoting a gambling culture. Well done FF XIV players. :)
    I personally think it will be a fantastic experience for the people who participate, the guests I mean.

Coming from Malaysia where we have so many different cultures and within an ethnic group itself we have so many different types of weddings it is indeed very like a huge costume party and some have events that are traditional like the wooing of the bride and calling on the in laws to be all enacted for the entertainment of the guests. The Peranakan a community that was built from a several ships that came from China with a Chinese princess Hang Li Po who was to marry into a local Sultanate and also the strait settlement of Chinese traders that is blend of both Malay and Chinese cultures is another fantastic avenue for colourful weddings and stories.

I think these types of weddings are the most memorable and my own very traditional Indian wedding was extremely memorable and the number of costume changes we had was staggering.
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I personally think it will be a fantastic experience for the people who participate, the guests I mean.

Coming from Malaysia where we have so many different cultures and within an ethnic group itself we have so many different types of weddings it is indeed very like a huge costume party and some have events that are traditional like the wooing of the bride and calling on the in laws to be all enacted for the entertainment of the guests. The Peranakan a community that was built from a several ships that came from China with a Chinese princess Hang Li Po who was to marry into a local Sultanate and also the strait settlement of Chinese traders that is blend of both Malay and Chinese cultures is another fantastic avenue for colourful weddings and stories.

I think these types of weddings are the most memorable and my own very traditional Indian wedding was extremely memorable and the number of costume changes we had was staggering.
    Hey, do you keep changing your avatar? Another one...sigh. :)
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

Hey, do you keep changing your avatar? Another one...sigh. :)
    Well that is from Fallen Earth. The one before was from Guildwars. I might change it back though I kinda miss the necro.
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Take the money and invest it for 40 years. No problem having a wedding but spending 80k like some people do is just too much. That amount of money invested correctly would be a LOT of money for retirement. But its their decision but i guess i look at things differently.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    As far as themed weddings go, this is actually a pretty cool idea.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

SBFord said:

I'd rather go justice of the peace and spend the $ on a fabulous honeymoon to Disneyland. :P

Lol my wife and I were like....Big wedding and rock.....or house down payment? We decided to be smart and chose the latter
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited February 2019
    People get taken advantage of in weddings bigtime. Everyone charges a lot more just because it's a wedding and people are willing to pay because they want it to be 'perfect.'  So I'd think that one is about average.  How much would a Star Trek wedding run?

Most and least expensive in the U.S. 2019.  Most however are somewhere in the middle.

Most
    https://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-wedding
    Most are probably $10,000 or more LESS than the lowest posted there. I would wager money that the vast majority of weddings are not accounted for. 
    This is likely a survey on wedding planners and what they charge rather than weddings themselves.