Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The western problem

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,012
If you invent a true efficient electric car, the men in black will be at your door backed by a full legal team to shut you down.  Same with mmoprg's..... It got so bad, If you were to write a song their's a trademark for using the word "love".

Almost everything is in lock down...Problem with this?...See the man on the hill he'll explain it.  

I'm joking but not by much !
GdemamimmolouMaurgrimcraftseeker
«13

Comments

  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited February 2019

    I don't see a "Western Problem" for MMORPGs. I see an Eastern Problem where Asian publishers/developers don't want to release their games for the western market despite there being plenty of demand. My information may be a tad out of date but this was what I was seeing a few years ago where games were out two or more years for the Asian market but westerners couldn't play them without going through a separate service.

    If things have changed then I would appreciate anyone that would bring me up to speed on this.

    Post edited by Blaze_Rocker on
    GdemamiScot

    I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,984
    edited February 2019
    The ideas you are espousing have been around a very long time, oil companies are not going to allow that technology to be made, the world is run according to the self interest of megacorporations.

    Well we now have efficient electric cars and efficient hybrids. So I will let other posters come on now and talk about the "man" and how he is keeping us all under his heel and drive of in my electric Jaguar I-Pace and leave you to your conspiracy theories. :)
    craftseeker
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,012
    It's not a matter of inventing it, but paying for it !
    craftseeker
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 41,538
    Scot said:
    The ideas you are espousing have been around a very long time, oil companies are not going to allow that technology to be made, the world is run according to the self interest of megacorporations.

    Well we now have efficient electric cars and efficient hybrids. So I will let other posters come on now and talk about the "man" and how he is keeping us all under his heel and drive of in my electric Jaguar I-Pace and leave you to your conspiracy theories. :)
    Jaguar makes an electric car, who knew?

    (I live 1.3 miles from a dealer,  never have seen one)

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    KyleranCryomatrixPhrycraftseeker
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 41,538
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Funny story, about two years ago someone renovated a former Dodge dealership and put Tesla logos all over it.

    It sat vacant until 3 months ago when I noticed it finally had opened, with a bunch of used cars in the lot, with nary a Tesla in sight to date.

    Tesla does have a store in a high end shopping mall, but outside of that one wouldn't even know they exist.

    We see more Jaguars on the street and they are considered quite uncommon here.
    mmolou

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,984
    It's not a matter of inventing it, but paying for it !
    Any new technology takes time to launch and become the norm, many like electric cars take infrastructure changes in this case places were you can charge your car. That's the main thing holding back electric cars currently. As to the price, the first car produced was not the Model T Ford, that came later.

    Technological advances are nearly always expensive for early adopters then given time with greater demand and refinements to how to produce low cost versions the price comes down.
    craftseeker
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Teslas are a luxury product for people with more money than sense. 

    Electric cars aren't going to catch on any time soon. They have a limited battery and limited range, which will keep most people from buying them until there are rapid charging stations located everywhere they want to go. However, nobody is going to put in rapid charging stations for a car that nobody drives because there are no rapid charging stations for them.
    mmolouGdemamiCryomatrixPhryInteritusk61977
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,439
    What does any of this have to do with mmorpgs?
    [Deleted User]Gobstopper3D

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    If you invent a true efficient electric car, the men in black will be at your door backed by a full legal team to shut you down.  Same with mmoprg's..... It got so bad, If you were to write a song their's a trademark for using the word "love".

    Almost everything is in lock down...Problem with this?...See the man on the hill he'll explain it.  

    I'm joking but not by much !
    errr. VW, Audi and BMW all produce electrical cars. your point again?

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,984
    What does any of this have to do with mmorpgs?
    I think it may be that if any of the indie MMOs could be a real success the men in black are going to appear to shut them down. Will Smith obviously doesn't have anything better to do. :)
    blueturtle13
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Kodak would like to talk to you...

    Bell telephone would like to talk to you...

    So many companies that were once behemoths and are now gone or shades of their former self, would like to talk to you...

    Times change, technology changes, people change, the world changes... no one or thing last forever.

    You refuse to let go of the past, therefore your future looks bleak.  It's a mental state.  At this point, you can hope for an early form of dementia and you will become oblivious to all this, whether you want to or not.

    Really.  It is what it is.  It's not likely to ever be the same again.  Even if you got into a time machine and went back a decade or two... you will find that going back won't change anything either.

    Wait until you are 78, living in assisted living, remembering when you were 20 and wondering why you're unable to do anything on your own anymore.. your lack of video games pales in comparison. 

    GdemamiSBFordGobstopper3D
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited February 2019
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Teslas are a luxury product for people with more money than sense. 

    Electric cars aren't going to catch on any time soon. They have a limited battery and limited range, which will keep most people from buying them until there are rapid charging stations located everywhere they want to go. However, nobody is going to put in rapid charging stations for a car that nobody drives because there are no rapid charging stations for them.
    You are so wrong. As a former Tesla owner (model S) the car was the best car ever. I got rid of it because Musk changed the autopilot and I needed money for my business (that my wife fucking prevented me from doing). 

    More companies are coming out with electric cars. Kia and Porsche are next with fully electric cars. Kia, Honda, Hyundai recently joined the plug-in hybrid model. I actually own a Honda Clarity Plug-in right now. It drives like an electric car for the first 46 miles which is all I care about. Once you go fully electric, all ICE cars drive like shit. 

    In reference to your ignorant comment about rapid charging stations. Tesla has a huge advantage over other car companies because of their supercharger network. I can literally drive from California to Boston for free on the Tesla super charger network. 

    Other cares, like Chevy Bolt have rapid charging stations being put in places all the time. More regular parking spots are getting electric cars too. Perhaps, you don't see it as you don't live in California. 

    Also, technology is getting better, and soon cars will be coming with 400 miles of range. From my experience with Tesla, 240 miles is about the minimum you need to be fine. For a daily commute is more than fine, the problem comes from when I had to go to LA or San Diego from where I live now. I could get there on one charge but then I'd need to charge it to get back. I usually stopped at the Cabazon chargers was my most popular spot or Temecula. 

    Overall, Caffynated, you are so wrong, i am not sure how you got your information. Did you even research it? Look at electric charging spots (not Tesla) and then put it in (with Teslas) and it dots the map. Of course, if you are in the midwest or bumble fuck south, it'll be sparse, but in other countries electric is all the way. 

    I'm leasing my silly Honda Clarity plug-in (go go $1,500 clean vehicle rebate) for 3 years while I wait for Teslas to decrease in price as other companies come up with their cars (Porsche/Kia) and the range goes up to about 300-400. Then i'll go back to Tesla. Best car you will ever drive in your life. 


    The high end full option Teslas have a battery range of 330 miles which is really good. 240 as i say is absolute minimum in a fully electric car. 

    Electric cars are the future. Plus, with electric cars, acceleration is way better, cheaper mileage basically, and instant torque. Plus, they are so smooth. Seriously, i fucked myself by getting a Tesla model S as all cars suck in comparison to it. 

    Overall, please tell me how did you come up with your information? I mean, if it was such a dumb technology, why is Porsche/Kia making fully electric ones. Hell, Chevy Bolt was made a few years ago. 


    ScotCaffynatedTiller
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    @delete5230

    Do you have paranoid schizophrenia?

    Also, the megacorporations did not try to shut down Tesla, they are all trying to jump on the bandwagon. 

    I don't even believe in big brother or other similar bullshit, like the evil eye crap that permeates certain cultures. 
    Tiller
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    DMKano said:
    What does any of this have to do with mmorpgs?

    It's a Deleted thread, incoherence and lack of any point is expected 
    It is quite an interesting phenomenon.. The meaning of his wierd babbling is so open to enterpretation that it can cause long discussions, usually about something else .. or who really knows what he was talking about in the first place :)
    I am a fan.
    Tiller
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    What does any of this have to do with mmorpgs?
    Because MMORPG now made in eastern , faraway from western b***sh*t censorship and masochism PVP .

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,965
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    The ideas you are espousing have been around a very long time, oil companies are not going to allow that technology to be made, the world is run according to the self interest of megacorporations.

    Well we now have efficient electric cars and efficient hybrids. So I will let other posters come on now and talk about the "man" and how he is keeping us all under his heel and drive of in my electric Jaguar I-Pace and leave you to your conspiracy theories. :)
    Jaguar makes an electric car, who knew?

    (I live 1.3 miles from a dealer,  never have seen one)
    There you go, starting from 69,500


    @delete: I don't think there is a "Western Problem."

    The market is what the market is and people will buy what they want.

    Eastern developers might not want to bring their games here because they don't do so well. They would probably prefer huge cash shops as well and that doesn't get good press in the west so what is their incentive?

    So take off the tin foil hat delete, it will cause a rash. :o

    Also, caffynated is a bit wrong on his electric car assessment. They aren't running rampant but we have quite a few here as well as charging stations. Checking the interwebz it seems we have 24 fast charging stations within a 9 mile radius. So not one on every block but they are there.

    I can only see it getting better and of course the technology getting better.
    Gobstopper3D
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 41,538
    Scot said:
    It's not a matter of inventing it, but paying for it !
    Any new technology takes time to launch and become the norm, many like electric cars take infrastructure changes in this case places were you can charge your car. That's the main thing holding back electric cars currently. As to the price, the first car produced was not the Model T Ford, that came later.

    Technological advances are nearly always expensive for early adopters then given time with greater demand and refinements to how to produce low cost versions the price comes down.
    Actually there are several things holding electric cars back.

    1) Batteries - still too large, inefficient, and expensive to replace, which has to be done at the 5 yr mark and then there is the waste to dispose of or recycle.

    2) Electric power generation and transmission infrastructure is built out based on long range (20 yrs or so) projections on usage,  with very little over capacity.  Drop 10M cars into a small area in short period of time and there likely will not be enough capacity to support.

    3) Pollution - besides battery disposal, all those new electric power plants you build, especially if coal fired as often done in US pollute quite a bit, some argue all it does is shift the pollution from cars in the city out into the countryside. 

    4) How do we tax electric cars.  Here in the US a large portion of funding to build and maintain roads comes from gasoline and diesel fuel taxes.  Local and state gov't have already identified this as a significant concern.

    PalebaneMendelk61977Gobstopper3D

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,063
    edited February 2019
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Teslas are a luxury product for people with more money than sense. 

    Electric cars aren't going to catch on any time soon. They have a limited battery and limited range, which will keep most people from buying them until there are rapid charging stations located everywhere they want to go. However, nobody is going to put in rapid charging stations for a car that nobody drives because there are no rapid charging stations for them.
    So its really about inventing a better battery.



    Love yours and Pher0cious avatars . ;)
      
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,965
    Asheram said:
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Teslas are a luxury product for people with more money than sense. 

    Electric cars aren't going to catch on any time soon. They have a limited battery and limited range, which will keep most people from buying them until there are rapid charging stations located everywhere they want to go. However, nobody is going to put in rapid charging stations for a car that nobody drives because there are no rapid charging stations for them.
    So its really about inventing a better battery.



    Love yours and Pher0cious avatars . ;)
      
    I think they are working on something called a solid state battery.

    Kyleran is correct though, disposing of old batteries is currently an issue.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2019
    If companies are able to trademark things like LFG or health and mana bars, we will have nothing left to play. The companies go from creating content to hoarding ideas just to keep the other company from using it. It makes sense from a business standpoint but really makes for a creative void, imo. “This game would be great with such-and-such system but we can use it because MMO114 has a copyright on it.”

    Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,984
    edited February 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    It's not a matter of inventing it, but paying for it !
    Any new technology takes time to launch and become the norm, many like electric cars take infrastructure changes in this case places were you can charge your car. That's the main thing holding back electric cars currently. As to the price, the first car produced was not the Model T Ford, that came later.

    Technological advances are nearly always expensive for early adopters then given time with greater demand and refinements to how to produce low cost versions the price comes down.
    Actually there are several things holding electric cars back.

    1) Batteries - still too large, inefficient, and expensive to replace, which has to be done at the 5 yr mark and then there is the waste to dispose of or recycle.

    2) Electric power generation and transmission infrastructure is built out based on long range (20 yrs or so) projections on usage,  with very little over capacity.  Drop 10M cars into a small area in short period of time and there likely will not be enough capacity to support.

    3) Pollution - besides battery disposal, all those new electric power plants you build, especially if coal fired as often done in US pollute quite a bit, some argue all it does is shift the pollution from cars in the city out into the countryside. 

    4) How do we tax electric cars.  Here in the US a large portion of funding to build and maintain roads comes from gasoline and diesel fuel taxes.  Local and state gov't have already identified this as a significant concern.

    1 - The car I mentioned has a range of 234 miles, that's not enough for you? OK any cheaper electric for now is not as good, the tech is still in its early days.

    2 - Infrastructure takes time, but electric is obviously the way we are going, so start now and you won't have the problem of a sudden increase in demand.

    3 - Pollution is less, not every station is coal fired. Why not do what the French do and go 90% nuclear power? Not saying that's what we have to do, just that it can be done. Also as you point out I would rather have the fumes away from the highest concentrations of people we have in any country, our cities.

    4 - You tax the electricity used, require top ups to need a credit card even those you could put in a garage. Alternatively and far more easily just estimate the amount a region is using and put that on the council tax bill or its equivalent, it is not just car owners who use the roads after all. But if you wanted to be more specific just cross check home ownership against car, charge them.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scot said:
    What does any of this have to do with mmorpgs?
    I think it may be that if any of the indie MMOs could be a real success the men in black are going to appear to shut them down. Will Smith obviously doesn't have anything better to do. :)
    After his more recent cringeworthy presence as a Genie, he probably doesn't. :p
    blueturtle13Scotcraftseeker
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,196
    I think you will have to have battery stations to truly make it work for electric cars.  As you can go to one and easily swap battery in and out and keep going.  
    Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Asheram said:
    mmolou said:
    Seem's to me, that in the reality @delete5230 lives in, Tesla does not exist....
    Teslas are a luxury product for people with more money than sense. 

    Electric cars aren't going to catch on any time soon. They have a limited battery and limited range, which will keep most people from buying them until there are rapid charging stations located everywhere they want to go. However, nobody is going to put in rapid charging stations for a car that nobody drives because there are no rapid charging stations for them.
    So its really about inventing a better battery.



    Love yours and Pher0cious avatars . ;)
      
    I think they are working on something called a solid state battery.

    Kyleran is correct though, disposing of old batteries is currently an issue.
    Elon's gonna use a reusable rocket to jettison used batteries directly into the Sun.  "Back to the place from whence your matter came, dead batteries!" - Elon Musk, 2025

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.