Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Synthesis Lets You 'Snap Together' a Custom Dungeon & More - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile: Synthesis Lets You 'Snap Together' a Custom Dungeon & More - MMORPG.com

The next league coming to Path of Exile is called "Synthesis" and it's bringing a unique twist to a game that is full of unique twists. Synthesis, among other things, allows players to literally create their own "snap together" dungeons for the experience (and loot) that they want most. We chatted with Chris Wilson to learn more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Awesome, Only Wish i had more time in a day to play more.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Awesome.

Seriously, all this game needs is to polish up its combat animations more to make that more satisfying. 
    HyperpsycrowMadFrenchie
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Damn that development team keeps putting out incredible leagues.
    FolmenLastlaughlol
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited February 2019
    Fuck me.

All other games im going to cease to play now. I was in a nice intra-PoE hiatus where i play other games, i even bought ark, and im playing subnautica and entropia . . . Back to the usual PoE-mind fucked bender. But i fucking love it . . .
    Truvidien88Folmen
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    My God, the game just keeps on giving.

Random endgame maps, tons of updates, leagues, rogue-like dungeons.. and now create your own dungeons.

Absolute unlimited content. Putting every other aRPG to shame now.
    jimmywolfTacticalZombehbartoni33Folmen
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Bestiary league....

Once you are done twitching and screaming. Yes, almost all the content has been pretty good
    Folmen
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    This music is epic.
    JeleenaFolmen
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited February 2019

grndzro said:

Bestiary league....

Once you are done twitching and screaming. Yes, almost all the content has been pretty good

There's always that one guy... Even if Bestiary League wasn't that good it's still tons of times better than what other games consider content and considering that leagues are only 3 months long it's even more amazing that they try and make it so diverse.

I mean if people seriously find issues with Path of Exile I expect them to get brain aneurysm when they look at literally any other game.
    Folmen
  • LordRoachLordRoach Member CommonPosts: 4

grndzro said:

Bestiary league....

There's always that one guy... Even if Bestiary League wasn't that good it's still tons of times better than what other games consider content and considering that leagues are only 3 months long it's even more amazing that they try and make it so diverse.

I mean if people seriously find issues with Path of Exile I expect them to get brain aneurysm when they look at literally any other game.

No ! No the hell it wasn’t ! POE devs are as great as it gets but they are not perfect and beastiary sure as hell showed that. The horrors that was that league. It left a scar :(
    Folmen
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Aeander said:

Awesome.

Seriously, all this game needs is to polish up its combat animations more to make that more satisfying. 

This is actually probably going to happen as they are redoing character models for 4.0 :)
    XingbairongTacticalZombehFolmen
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

LordRoach said:

grndzro said:

Bestiary league....

No ! No the hell it wasn’t ! POE devs are as great as it gets but they are not perfect and beastiary sure as hell showed that. The horrors that was that league. It left a scar :(

Funny you say that, as Beastiary was actually the most popular league before Betrayel according to Chris Wilson from an interview right before Betrayel.
    Folmen
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    They never did get it optimised for win 10 + latest graphics card otherwise i'd play.
    SzczepanXbartoni33Folmen

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This game keeps amazing me time and time again.

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    The real sequel for Diablo 2.

This train never stops, and in 2020 will go full speed with v4.0.
    Folmen

LordRoach said:

grndzro said:

Bestiary league....

The league as an idea was great. It just wasn't executed really good. The fact that it's part of the main game proves that people like it and now it's vastly improved and works as it should.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    i just want AH or some kind less annoying trade to game :( still awesome.
    Folmen
  • Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited February 2019
    GGG best company.. and what I love about the GGG they make memes about themselves

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ase5tb/all_aboard_the_hype_train/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Now this is a really good idea however it won't get me back into the game lol.

I do not like the idea of mindless spam killing,i don't need to build my ego up by killing 30 mobs every  10 seconds.The locked camera is terrible the entire idea of the game is trumped by pretty much every game design on the market,well except for moba's that are in essence the same crap just slower.
    This is a step in the right direction but a better option is tools to make your own content because this idea will simply be rearranging the furniture and nothing more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    And still not an Auction House or any form of automatic trading system.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    For the people who say you want an auction house: Have you really thought that through, what it would mean for the game?

It wouldn't affect me because I play ARPG's almost exclusively solo self-found or group self-found. I don't trade with people I don't play with and I prefer finding my own items.

I am convinced that an AH would be very bad for the longevity of an ARPG like this, where so much of the focus is on finding better items. You would be able to buy pretty much anything you want on an auction house at any point.

Gearing up your character would be much quicker, what do you do then when you have all the optimal equipment? Playing becomes boring for me when the likelihood of finding better equipment from drops is almost nonexistant. I think it would kill the motivation to play the game for a lot of people.

Cryomatrix
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Foncl said:
    For the people who say you want an auction house: Have you really thought that through, what it would mean for the game?

It wouldn't affect me because I play ARPG's almost exclusively solo self-found or group self-found. I don't trade with people I don't play with and I prefer finding my own items.

I am convinced that an AH would be very bad for the longevity of an ARPG like this, where so much of the focus is on finding better items. You would be able to buy pretty much anything you want on an auction house at any point.

Gearing up your character would be much quicker, what do you do then when you have all the optimal equipment? Playing becomes boring for me when the likelihood of finding better equipment from drops is almost nonexistant. I think it would kill the motivation to play the game for a lot of people.

I would like a universal currency for trading, instead of all the crazy items it uses. I just don't see the point in having it like that.

Really though, the game has an external auction house and all the endgame players use it. That already proves an in game AH wouldn't wreak the game.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    There is always that one guy who thinks his opinion applies to everyone.

Almost everyone hated Bestiary. Lets not move the goalposts. We are talking about not every League being good, that's it..period.

Foncl said:

I would like a universal currency for trading, instead of all the crazy items it uses. I just don't see the point in having it like that.

Really though, the game has an external auction house and all the endgame players use it. That already proves an in game AH wouldn't wreak the game.

Well to be honest I don't see any issue with using chaos/exalted(mainly) orbs to use for trades. In fact having a particular currency like let's say gold can devalue the currency, so much that items would cost many times the price it costs now because usually common currency(gold for example) tends to be easier obtainable which equals higher prices.

Also do we really need an auction house? I mean does it really take more than few seconds to find an item you want on poe.trade for example? As for selling. It literally can't be any easier :)

I guess the only merit to an auction house is that new players will be able to find items that they would otherwise have hard time finding on poe.trade easier since they will be able to just browse them.

Still I think that PoE has though this through long an hard and ultimately they think that introducing an AH can ruin the economy and experience. Also having an AH will easily cut the communication among the community in half if not more which will make the game feel like it's not really an online game that you play with thousands of other players.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I basically never participate in player trading if there isn't an auction house.

I despise the process of trading, price checking, and waiting for many minutes or even hours in a trade hub to sell or buy particular items. I consider it to be, by far, the worst part of any online game, and I welcome an auction house in any such game regardless of any alleged/mythical economic damage that might cause.
    grndzro[Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I actually enjoyed beastiary but i didnt play it that long, only a few chars, now syndicate sucked imo.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.