We’re releasing Patch 6 today, which includes an increase to stash size, balance and design changes, and another large wave of bug fixes, many of which were reported by players in the Fallout 76 community. As always, this is all possible thanks to your support and feedback for the game, please keep sharing your thoughts and bug reports with us! Take a look at some of the highlights from Patch 6, and then continue on to read about the rest of the changes coming with today’s update.
- Increased Stash Limit: We’ve once again buffed up maximum Stash size, this time from 600 to 800 pounds, so that you can store even more goodies from your adventures in Appalachia.
- Player Icon Display: Player icons will now display whenever you hover over a player or an owned Workshop on the Map, as well as when you view Turrets created by someone else.
- Scorchbeast Attacks: We’ve reduced the frequency of Scorchbeast Sonic Scream attacks, so you have a little more time to react between volleys.
- Wanted: We’ve made an adjustment so that players must now destroy objects in another player’s C.A.M.P. or Workshop to become Wanted, which should reduce cases of accidental crime.
- Workshops: You can now contest a Workshop that’s owned by another player from anywhere inside the Workshop’s build area, which should make it easier to attempt to contest a Workshop, even if it’s been barricaded by the owner.
Download sizes for today’s patch will be approximately 4.5 GB for consoles, and around 3.5 GB for PC.
- PC: 188.8.131.52
- PS4: 184.108.40.206
- Xbox: 220.127.116.11
- Server Maintenance: As we work on world servers that have been running for a long time and hitting some lag issues, we’ll be performing maintenance on those servers more frequently. You may receive an in-game message alerting you to this maintenance when it occurs, and you may be asked to join another world. This should improve the play experience for everyone during your adventures in Appalachia.
BALANCE AND DESIGN
- Power Armor: The amount of springs required to craft and repair level 25, 35, and 45 Excavator Power Armor Legs has been significantly reduced.
- Weapons: Flare Guns have been removed from the legendary weapon list, as they can’t benefit from legendary mods.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
- Stash Limit: The storage limit for the stash has been increased from 600 to 800 pounds.
- Dev Note: We’ve been reading your feedback that the current stash limit of 600 lbs could use an additional increase, and after some investigation found that we could offer some more storage space in the Stash.
- C.A.M.P. Placement: If a player’s current C.A.M.P. location is occupied upon joining a world, a message will now display which gives them option to stay in the current world or attempt to join a new one.
- If the player chooses to find another world, they will be removed from the current world and matchmaking will attempt to place them in a new one.
- This process can be repeated if the player’s C.A.M.P. location happens to also be occupied in the new world.
- Workshops: Players no longer need to interact with claimed Workshops directly to contest ownership, and Workshops can now be contested and captured from anywhere within the build area.
- Dev Note: The ability to contest a claimed Workshop is intended and encouraged behavior as part of Workshop design. This change should prevent situations where a Workshop owner could prevent others from attempting to contest it without becoming Wanted by destroying something or picking a lock to reach the Workshop.
- Scorchbeasts: Increased the timer between successive Sonic Scream volleys to 10 seconds for Scorchbeasts and the Scorchbeast Queen in order to reduce the frequency of these attacks.
- Dev Note: This change should help players have some more time to react between Sonic Scream volleys. We’ve also been reading lots of feedback about Scorchbeasts in general that the community has been sharing, and we’re looking into further improvements and balance changes we can bring to them in the future.
- Wanted: Damaging a C.A.M.P. or workshop object created by another player no longer causes the attacker to become Wanted. The object must now be completely destroyed by the attacker in order to flag them as Wanted.
- Dev Note: We’ve received feedback from players who felt that it was too easy to become Wanted accidentally by damaging others’ C.A.M.P. and Workshop objects. We agree and made this change to help limit cases where a stray bullet could result in a bounty on your head.
- Sound Effects: Pulling the pin on a grenade to prime it before throwing now play audible sound effects for nearby players.
- Map: Sound effects now play when placing or moving custom Map markers.
- Player Icons: Hovering over a player’s name on the Map will now display their current player icon.
- Player Icons: Hovering over an owned Workshop on the Map will now display the current owner’s player icon.
- Turrets: Viewing a Turret placed by another player in their C.A.M.P. or at a Workshop will now display the owner’s name and player icon in the Turret’s nameplate.
- Voice Chat: The color of Voice Chat speaker icons on player nameplates now update based on that player’s current status: Neutral players display a pale-yellow icon, Allies display gold, and Hostile and Wanted display red.
MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.