Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrathstone DLC to Launch in Elder Scrolls Online for PC on February 25th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWrathstone DLC to Launch in Elder Scrolls Online for PC on February 25th

Zenimax has announced that the Wrathstone DLC for Elder Scrolls Online will launch for PC players on February 25th. PlayStation 4 and XBox One players will be able to join in on March 12th. Wrathstone challenges players to find the two halves of the tablet by completing the Depths of Malatar and Frostvault dungeons. Wrathstone also marks the official 'Season of the Dragon' year-long campaign that includes the upcoming Elsweyr expansion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Meanwhile at Blizzard the fires rage on...
    SBFordBlueThunderBearOctagon7711Grunt350Tuor7
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Meanwhile at Blizzard the fires rage on...

Underscoring why they should keep on doing what they have been with ESO - generating new content to keep those in game occupied, generating more reasons for those who have "taken a break" to check back in and adding more reasons for those who haven't tried it to check it out. Especially those who have played Skyrim but so far haven't.

Why keep on churning out new content?

I am reminded of a comment that Bobby Kotick made - basically that WoW was so big its scope would never be surpassed by any other game etc. At the time I didn't take much notice but in hindsight what followed was:

- WoW "content holidays"
    - WoW dev team cut to 125 staff - presumably why there was a content drought

As light followed day no new patches led to the subs dropping, wreaking havoc with guilds etc. And it has arguably never recovered. Sure the numbers have spiked for the expansions but people were forced to "discover" other games.

So - as I say - a lesson in why ESO should just keep on doing what its been doing.
    Octagon7711mikeb0817
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited February 2019
    I have said some negative things about ESO. But it is the best modern mmo out now. Even i went back to play it and it really has so much content that its overwhelming some times. My favorite thing is to go back to earlier zones to discover towns and delves i never been too. Running into quest npc's i never seen all over the map. Last night i found two anchors i never seen before and they were a blast. One was just outside a city hub i never been to that had been over run by deadra. I picked up Summerst and haven't really started it yet.
    exile01RemyVorender
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    These comments cant be real. Paid chills?
    RoinSetzer
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited February 2019
    There are so much content coming to ESO all the time and I enjoy the game from time to time but I always get bored after 2 months dunno why, then I take a break 6-12months and come back having fun again for about 2 months, It's not that I complete all the content in those 2 months It's just I got bored.

ESO should be a game I would enjoy for months and years without taking a break but for some odd reason I can't put my finger on it why I have to take a break after 2 months playing.
    Tuor7
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited February 2019

Maurgrim said:

There are so much content coming to ESO all the time and I enjoy the game from time to time but I always get bored after 2 months dunno why, then I take a break 6-12months and come back having fun again for about 2 months, It's not that I complete all the content in those 2 months It's just I got bored.

ESO should be a game I would enjoy for months and years without taking a break but for some odd reason I can't put my finger on it why I have to take a break after 2 months playing.

I agree. Thankfully its buy to play so I can hop in and out whenever I want without feeling guilty for playing something else. I’m not personally a fan of the dlc, besides Orsimer and Clockwork, and have never set foot in a dlc dungeon, but there are plenty of folks who do, so good for them.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Sad or not, ESO is the best "modern" MMORPG out there at the moment.
    mikeb0817

Joined - July 2004

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I love everything about this game except the combat.I play without opening the world map and not using any addons and i get myself immersed in this rich and wonderful world.Thank you Zenimax (Not Bethesda)
    Octagon7711Tuor7mikeb0817Setzer
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited February 2019

Deyirn said:

exile01 said:

These comments cant be real. Paid chills?

Can you tell me one better MMO that also has the playerbase of ESO? I bet you can't.

I hate the shitty combat of ESO and how easy and boring leveling is (due to the piss poor combat), but ESO is hands down the only game right now worth playing. If Retail WoW continues to die, ESO will be #1, not any other MMO.

FFXIV , dunno how many ppl play ESO / FFXIV :) no numbers here , but everytime i played FFXIV was packed , same goes for ESO tho ^^
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Maurgrim said:

I tend to do the same thing.  My problem is when I first started playing MMOs, They were something fresh and new and there were very few of them.  After so many years I've played them so many so much, they all seem like variations on a theme.  So I rotate through them now.  The more I like them the higher they are in my rotations.  For me the time of sticking to one game for months happens rarely and usually only with RPGs, expansions, DLCs, or new classes.  I take a break from a game by playing a different one.
    Tuor7Tokkeneddieg50gervaise1mmolou

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Maurgrim said:

I think playing any game for "a few months" is the norm.

Whilst some people do I think this has probably always been the case - maybe we cycle through things faster these day but:

When it was 5 years old SoE spoke of EQ1 having 50%+ churn. When WoW was 8+ years old Blizzard announced that the game had 100M+ accounts - an impressive number but one takeaway is that - on average - over 10M people a year left.

These type of stats paint a picture far removed from EQ1 has a steady 500k or WoW has a steady 5M or 10M subs who have played for years ....

mmolou
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2019
    gervaise1 said:
    Whilst some people do I think this has probably always been the case - maybe we cycle through things faster these day but:

...or more likely those are 2 uncomparable numbers with very different metrics ;-p
    edited February 2019
    Gdemami said:
    gervaise1 said:

...or more likely those are 2 uncomparable numbers with very metrics ;-p
    Which 2 numbers? The EQ1 and WoW? I was just using them as anecdotal evidence that things today may not be that much different from a decade or so ago. EQ1 was 100% subscription back then so I reckon its the same type of metric. There are other games as well whose numbers suggest the same e.g. Rift post launch, SWTOR etc.

Now PvP - I think, opinion only  - may have a different dynamic since PvP relies on challenges etc. rather than PvE content. Lots of evidence that points to f2p games having huge churn as well though. A key financial metric is cost of acquiring new players..

Its an opinion only though. Maybe 4M people played WoW forever augmented by 1M new players (on average) who bought the game but never played for longer than a month ....... doesn't seem right though. Hence my view that its a "perception" that people "used to " play games forever rather than the reality.
    Gdemami
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    gervaise1 said:
    Which 2 numbers? The EQ1 and WoW? I was just using them as anecdotal evidence that things today may not be that much different from a decade or so ago. EQ1 was 100% subscription back then so I reckon its the same type of metric. There are other games as well whose numbers suggest the same e.g. Rift post launch, SWTOR etc.

Now PvP - I think, opinion only  - may have a different dynamic since PvP relies on challenges etc. rather than PvE content. Lots of evidence that points to f2p games having huge churn as well though. A key financial metric is cost of acquiring new players..

Its an opinion only though. Maybe 4M people played WoW forever augmented by 1M new players (on average) who bought the game but never played for longer than a month ....... doesn't seem right though. Hence my view that its a "perception" that people "used to " play games forever rather than the reality.
    I agree. I am sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

I love everything about this game except the combat.I play without opening the world map and not using any addons and i get myself immersed in this rich and wonderful world.Thank you Zenimax (Not Bethesda)

Imagine BDO combat/horse breeding/graphics + ESO everything else...would be one hell of an MMO.
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Off topic, but when is the new Necro class coming? I'm waiting on that to drop before I pick the game up again.