Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of game is it?

RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
I used to lay Counterstrike 1.6 and Source... That is the extend of my shooter game experience. I'm more of an MMORPG / ARPG players (Path of Exile / World of Warcraft) ... 

-What kind of game is Anthem? Do I go out and kill stuff for random loot? 

-What kind of multiplayer is there? Just story missions? Or are there like "dungeons" and you kill big bosses for loot?

-I'm not into singleplayer story games... So what aspects of this game will I enjoy if I rush through any story? Are there like PvP modes? Raids? Or is it mainly a multiplayer story game where once you beat the story, your 90% done with the game?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,199
    The Division 2 would be closer to CSGO than Anthem is.

D2 is imo too easy and Anthem is too bad.

At least in D2 you can see the professional game design,Anthem to me looks like a small team of maybe 10 tops made it.They made the weakest game possible and banked on selling it via you can fly like in Halo,for some reason gamer's get all giddy when they can fly.
    The mapping in Anthem is real cheap but then if you played CSGO,you played cheaply designed maps.

D2 is just the better overall product in every way imaginable but yeah it is also too easy.
    Gdemamimmolou

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    edited February 15
    -Story mode
    -3 'dungeon' type missions at launch that you will play on increasing difficulty modes to get better gear (more coming presumably)
    -open world flying around doing small events to get loot
    -daily quests to get better loot
    -No raids at launch, but planned
    -Larger world seasonal events, no info on those yet

Everything can be multiplayer, 4man max so far in the dungeons, not sure about open world

Random loot, like diablo/boarderlands/division
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,000
    It is Destiny like. Everything that Destiny is, Anthem is as well. With a slight possibility of Anthem having a better lore / story.
    Gdemami
  • RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    So I bought origin premier for 15$ per month.... so I can essentially play the game as a rental as long as I have premier? And if I like the game I can purchase it and own it?

If so, thats very cool.... I can save money if I dont like it. Installing now and who knows, maybe Ill be hooked!
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    I played the beta was not impressed.  I may do the EA origin thing though.  I am getting tired of BO4.  Wouldnt mind firing up some battlefield and anthem till the division 2 comes out.