Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Possible a Live-Action Anthem Film Project May Be Announced Soon

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,350
edited February 11 in News & Features Discussion

imageIt's Possible a Live-Action Anthem Film Project May Be Announced Soon

It appears that there may be a live-action Anthem movie in the works if you extrapolate broad hints from film director Neill Blomkamp, the former director of the Halo movie. Under the photo of a "real" Javelin, Blomkamp wrote, "Been working on something new. Really excited to share this soon! #anthemgame".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Not In ESOMember EpicPosts: 3,127
    Oh FFS no!
    alkarionlogSBFordArteriusAlomarXingbairongXarkoGaladournScotAsch126Interitusand 2 others.

“Prisons are built with stones of Law, Brothels with bricks of Religion”

• alkarionlogalkarionlog SMember RarePosts: 2,044

Oh FFS no!

that ^,

unless it will finally make then go bankrupt, if so then go go go

GaladournMisterZebubCaffynated
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member UncommonPosts: 74
    LOL?! SAY WHAT?!
    SBFordMr.Gutsy
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,121
    This may be unpopular but thought his movies were bland and overbloated crap.  I understand I may be in the minority on that one but I cannot watch those long boring flicks no matter how much I enjoy scifi.

Anthem already seems bland so would be on par with his other movies.
    Gdemami
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 25,751
    This may be unpopular but thought his movies were bland and overbloated crap.  I understand I may be in the minority on that one but I cannot watch those long boring flicks no matter how much I enjoy scifi.

lol, I'll have to disagree. I liked both movies I saw, Elysium and District 9.

I will say that the whole social message of both were heavy handed but I felt the films were very entertaining and very well made.
    parrotpholkNyteWytchAsheramIlayadragonlee66immodiumMrMelGibsonApollosWillTacticalZombeh

• AeanderAeander Walker, LAMember LegendaryPosts: 3,400
    Shouldn't you wait until after you know the game is a success?
    SBFordElquinXarkoGaladournThaharMendelrojoArcueidGorwePhryTacticalZombeh
    Aeander said:
    I'm thinking it's a marketing campaign and investment into the long term success of the game AND it's very possible that someone at EA wants to leverage their properties/IP's as they think they are interesting enough where they can capitalize on making them into movie franchises.

Look at the lego movies for instance. They just have to make sure they have good writers as we know that movies made from video games are usually not received very well.
    Gdemami

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,420
    Aeander said:
    Someone needs to order these guys a case of "Touch" from Amazon because they're obviously out of it. Then again, I hear it's on back order because they're not the only ones. :lol:
    SBFordOctagon7711XingbairongGeezerGamerMisterZebubMadFrenchieMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• KooturKootur Lynchburg, VAMember UncommonPosts: 312
    maybe wait till the game comes out first?
    SBFordElquinGaladournThaharMendelGorwe
  • ArteriusArterius Member UncommonPosts: 333
    edited February 11
    I don't think so. I follow him on twitter and yesterday he tweeted, "I am working on a horror."

So unless Anthem is going to be a horror movie I am guessing its something else. Maybe he worked on a live action trailer or something
    Post edited by Arterius on
    Gdemami
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog SMember RarePosts: 2,044

Sovrath said:

Aeander said:

I'm thinking it's a marketing campaign and investment into the long term success of the game AND it's very possible that someone at EA wants to leverage their properties/IP's as they think they are interesting enough where they can capitalize on making them into movie franchises.

Look at the lego movies for instance. They just have to make sure they have good writers as we know that movies made from video games are usually not received very well.

you can't really put lego here because, how long lego exist? before they even made the kids film the thing was pretty well stabilished

this one is forcing a hype in epic proportions in hope to force the game to be a sucess, serious i'm lost if that is desperation or they really lost they minds and are drooling everywhere
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 8,335
    More hype to get people to pre-order?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited February 11

Sovrath said:

Aeander said:

you can't really put lego here because, how long lego exist? before they even made the kids film the thing was pretty well stabilished

this one is forcing a hype in epic proportions in hope to force the game to be a sucess, serious i'm lost if that is desperation or they really lost they minds and are drooling everywhere
    But that's the difference isn't it?

It's still the same thing. It's just that one, the legos themselves, have been a part of our culture since "since."

And Anthem hasn't. Yet, it's leveraging a toy/product for a film franchise.

As far as forcing hype, well "duh!" of course they are! Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.

edit: but it looks like he's doing something else so tragedy (hopefully)averted!

Post edited by Sovrath on

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 8,585
    Remeber Defiance?............

Exactly.
    MisterZebub
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope St. Louis, MOMember UncommonPosts: 34
    Chapie and District 9 were both great movies. Elysium was alright.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 8,585
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:
    Someone needs to order these guys a case of "Touch" from Amazon because they're obviously out of it. Then again, I hear it's on back order because they're not the only ones. :lol:
    The demand for it has dropped off, so no one carries it anymore. It doesn't mix well with cognitive dissonance, which has become more preferred lately.
    Torval
  • XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 979

Oh FFS no!

Don't worry, the sales of the game will probably disappoint and this will get canceled.
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,121
    Sovrath said:

I will say that the whole social message of both were heavy handed but I felt the films were very entertaining and very well made.
    From the heavy handed social preaching him and bioware are a match made in heaven.

I do not mind bleak like Children of Men which I loved but something about his movies just do not grab me.  I like the folks in the movies and they read like something I would love.  Full disclosure though is that I watch all of elysium and district 9.  I got tired of Chappie about 45 minutes in and never tried watching again.
    Gdemami
    Sovrath said:

From the heavy handed social preaching him and bioware are a match made in heaven.

I do not mind bleak like Children of Men which I loved but something about his movies just do not grab me.  I like the folks in the movies and they read like something I would love.  Full disclosure though is that I watch all of elysium and district 9.  I got tired of Chappie about 45 minutes in and never tried watching again.
    LOVED Children of Men.
    Interitus

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,625
    I know this is a stupid idea, but hear me out: How about you guys release the game first, let the people see how it is for 3-6 months, THEN entertain the idea of a live-action whatever. I know, I know! It sounds stupid....but it just might work....
    Gdemami
  • GaladournGaladourn AthensMember RarePosts: 1,636
    e-peens in action; if Activision did it, so can we....

Galadourn said:
    e-peens in action; if Activision did it, so can we....
    At least an Anthem movie could add lore. A Call of Duty movie would just be Saving Private Ryan.
  • KaosLegionKaosLegion BrisMember UncommonPosts: 70
    Neil does 3d short films via his company Oats Studios, which I think arr made in Unity that are visually quite good and fit the aesthetic of Anthem. They are on youtube
    SovrathGorweMrMelGibson
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,762
    Movies based on games have never fared very well.  So maybe a movie based on a game with a voodoo release date (that's Forbes magazine's term, not mine) will do something amazing -- like be watchable. 

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Movies based on games have never fared very well.  So maybe a movie based on a game with a voodoo release date (that's Forbes magazine's term, not mine) will do something amazing -- like be watchable. 

I wouldn't say never. FF15 Kingsglaive was actually pretty watchable. Certainly better than the game it was based on.