Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have $250 million dollars that you have to spend on making movies/shows from games

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    Mass Effect series revolving around the trilogy. You could even use the model that was used for male Shepard. Would be awesome to get the GoT guys to write it. 2 seasons per game. Maybe 3 for ME3.
    MadFrenchie
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,490
    The Lich King. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    I'd take a series on The Last of Us, if only because the source material is such high-quality stuff.

Beyond that...  Bioshock would be a cool source material to draw from.  Heavy emphasis on the retro-tech world, dystopian political dynamic, and gene augmentation features.  The Big Daddy/Little Sister dynamic wouldn't work so well within the series, so I'd avoid that becoming a major plot point in spite of its prominent role in the game.

Game of Thrones-style Warhammer series would be cool, too.  The whitewalkers would be kind of analogous to the role I see Chaos taking, and the Dothraki would be akin to Greenskins.

Hell, XCOM 2, with it's alien-human integration/infiltration and resistance storyline would make for a helluva AMC/Sci-Fi series source material.

MrMelGibsonUngood

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    Akulas said:
    The Lich King. 
    Kind of already have that. Have you seen the LOTR movies? I would watch it though ;-)
  • SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 319
    From those I'd choose EVE.
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,420
    I would love an ESO or Mass Effect series or movie franchise, but after what they did to Witcher, I don't think I can handle another bomb.

• wreatchwreatch Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I would make games that were games on one end, same as we have ever known, IE tetris/WoW/UO/Lemmings/Bejeweled/minecraft etc that were somehow algorithmically, perhaps AI/CVNN/quantum assistancedly(TM) TIED to/into AND/OR CONNECTED TO AND/OR HAS AN EFFECT ON REAL WORLD DATA that in our real world today is shifted around by some poor sap in a cubicle someplace. 

In other words lets change the world, allow folks to make livings playing/creating/supporting and having an ownership stake in things they love to do anyway whereby in game actions/characters/outcomes change/manipulate/move/ or otherwise affects real world data, allowing a sale/an advertisement/a transaction/a movement of data to take place that otherwise would have been loathingly done in the past.  

Think of a young man playing Tetris at home, earning a living playing a game he enjoys in the safety of home, while on the other end, buyers are being matched with sellers, deals being made, transactions settled, accounts updated, calculations simulated.  

Think of Minecraft, where each voxel block(resources in a mmo) contains a real world monetary/exchange value(via blockchain), can be traded on a real world or in game exchange, and that inherent value is reflected downline in items/creations made with each said resource.  Value and any other statistics could carry on, giving items/properties/playermade widgits true histories, and real world values.  That can be CASHED OUT or traded allowing generation of real world income via in game actions, the decentralization, virtualization and gamification of work.  

Do not go into the light

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 159
    H0urg1ass said:
    I would remake Babylon 5... I'm sure there's a B5 game out there.
    I'd pay WB to remake the effects shots, no need to remake the whole show imo, just give it the same treatment as Star Trek: TOS and NG.

If I had the money, I'd probably make Wing Commander tv-series but only if I'd get Ronald D. Moore to be the showrunner. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,498
    So someone gives you $250 million dollars to spend on making movies or TV shows, which games do you port over?

- I'd do 150 million movie, 2 hours long, on Skyrim. 
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show on Path of Exile - 2.5 mil per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show on EVE - 2.5 mil per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (30 minute) on youtube of Mike Tyson's Punchout - 0.2 million per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show Neverwinter  - 4.8 mil per episode

That's my list. Hopefully, i'll be profitable so I can keep doing more other stuff or keep continuing the TV shows. The Skyrim would hope to be a trilogy. Which ones would you like to see the most?

Cryomatrix

What ? !!!!!!!
    When Delete is not sure what a thread is about, you know you are in trouble. :)
    XarkoPalebane

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,498
    One of the problems of film and TV treatments for a fan is that you end up thinking they don't live up to the book/game.

So I would choose stuff I was not that big a fan of, how about a documentary looking at everything from Bless and FO76 to SC and AoC, the loot box sage and this Early Access nonsense? Cheap as chips and gaming docs can do well.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• wreatchwreatch Member UncommonPosts: 52
    After changing the world and allowing folks running on treadmills/powering those pelatons to generate electricity rather than using it and retiring...

I would then simply remake UO, yes that Ultima Online, based on design docs discussed in part here https://www.raphkoster.com/2012/03/15/the-best-articles/ yes UO,in Glorious high res crystal clear 4k, 3D, with modern server tech so as to allow the original vision Raph and crew had back then to finally come to light changing the course of gaming forever, once again, back on the path of simulating living breathing persistent worlds, and away from carrot and stick leveling treadmills or more recently cash cow, cosmetic item cash shop cash grab and clones

Do not go into the light

• XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 1,103
    I'd use that money to make Star Wars great again.
    SteelhelmZoeMcCloskey
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    So someone gives you $250 million dollars to spend on making movies or TV shows, which games do you port over?

- I'd do 150 million movie, 2 hours long, on Skyrim. 
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show on Path of Exile - 2.5 mil per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show on EVE - 2.5 mil per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (30 minute) on youtube of Mike Tyson's Punchout - 0.2 million per episode
    - I'd do 10 episodes (1 hour) of a show Neverwinter  - 4.8 mil per episode

That's my list. Hopefully, i'll be profitable so I can keep doing more other stuff or keep continuing the TV shows. The Skyrim would hope to be a trilogy. Which ones would you like to see the most?

Cryomatrix

LOLZ

I would do Red dead redemption 2 - movie 20 hrs long...oh, wait - It already exist!
    You just need $550  :P

Kids these days like to watch glamour BS. "Independent" girls running around on high heels in jungle/medieval/postapocalypse times in perfect white dress or tight pants, like its just from boutique. And ofcourse they smarter and stronger than any men they face. And 90% made in 3d and all action scenes made by stuntmen. So all what those $$$ famous actors need to do is show their faces.

SIGH

Its so easy to do movie...thats what they do with games these days - thats why they all suck.

Look at this (I dont like DS, but if this would be movie/animation it would look cool)

Somehow they managed to make DS 3 intro worse...   :/

And D3 cutscenes...mmmm  so awesome.

P.S.  I would do my own story...
    But most likely nobody would watch it...
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,686
    Something with a Zachtronic game.   The story is there in all of their games.

Something with EVE player stories, maybe.

Maybe something with The Saga of Ryzom.    Mostly because it's a neat world and you could pull some epic cinematography off with it's concept of an "Overgrown Plant World".

A drama of some sort with the LoL world could be pretty neat.  

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 194
    If I had that budget and Disney actually let me make it, i would launch a true successor to Star Wars Galaxies set in the period between Episodes 6 and 7. 

No locked in character classes, space combat at launch, player run economies and cities, huge sandbox planets, multiple Factions, little to no instancing, and a deep crafting system.
  • MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited February 10
    I can't help but think of a game I've seen advertised on Steam called "Shower with your daddy".

Maybe it would be worth porting over to a movie starring Jerry Sandusky?

(Such a creative design concept from yet another creative game developer)
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Well if no one mention it, I would do a mini-series of "The Wheel of Time".
    MadFrenchie
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 733
    a 20 minute documentary on Star Citizen which costs a quarter of a billion dollars. . .and will never release.
    Cryomatrix
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,338
    I'd make a long series of Fallout. One movie wouldn't be enough to cover the whole story behind the nuclear holocaust and the life after the opening of vaults.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,363
    I would port over a show based on Secret World.
    Wargfoot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,773
    Amathe said:
    Thats already in the works .. Johnny Depps Studio is contracted to make a series for FCMKF
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,621
    Leisure Suit Larry .. 
    steps into a spacetime portal and finds himself in an alternative futuristic world full of absurdities (like alternative laws of physics), failing to apply basic Larry stupidity-logic but always just managing to survive... 
    - the series

• WargfootWargfoot Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Darkest Dungeon
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,363
    Scorchien said:
    Amathe said:
    Thats already in the works .. Johnny Depps Studio is contracted to make a series for FCMKF
    Cool. I just saved $250 million. 
    Scorchien

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• febbynandafebbynanda Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I think i'll spend the $150 million for a Kirby Movie so it will be awesome and next $100 million for sbobet online tournament, it will be fun i think (?)  :D