Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Devs Want You Hyped - Check Out the Launch Trailer - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

This wasn't early in the game's life.  Release is mere weeks away.  These projects generally take years to complete.  Unless they're literally using a year+ old build, it's a very late-in-project-life build.

I agree it's not the most current build, but it's also not some early beta build.  This is the same kind of excuse behavior we saw before FO76 gave us their "release" build.  The timeline was almost identical to Anthem and Div2's.

Well even before the VIP demo they said that the build was from 6 weeks ago.  There is also footage of a newer build used which showed some changes to the game such as a HUD indicator of your teams health and shields.  They also added in a social hub space after they made the demo.  Not saying they fixed all the bugs or have programmed a completely different game just saying they have added some stuff to the game since they made the demo.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    In general, I think comparing this game to Warframe or Destiny really isn't fair, as those are both shooters with some RPG elements, whereas Anthem is very much an ARPG with shooter elements. Destiny is all about the guns, Warframe is a mix of weapons and abilities, and Anthem is all about abilities with guns as more of a damage 'filler'. If anything I'd compare Anthem to Hellgate: London and / or Tabula Rasa, both of which are games I loved despite their faults.

OK, well I'm hyped and can't wait to get stuck in. I doubt it'll be a long term game but only maniacs want to play the same thing forever so....

Me too. First EA game I've bought in at least five years; that's how much fun the demo was for me. Figure if I get a hundred hours out of it, it's money well spent.

Talahar said:

Had loads of fun in the demo, and I feel I've done enough research by now to justify my preorder.

Also, the order of javelins in the trailer will be the order I'll unlock mine in the game.

I'll be going Colossus, Storm, Ranger, Interceptor. They were all fun, but Colossus has a bigass shield, missiles, and a minigun.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Jrich_cp said:

Renoaku said:

And I want a free demo on launch so I can try and see if they have fixed the performance issues with loading );.

If all you care about is the performance, why don't you just read the impressions that will be posted by others.

My brother and had a unique issue that i think i saw a few people also have. Where the screen would shake uncontrollably. Not everyone had that same problem. How does he know if the problem is fixed without spending money? Its not like every reviewer had that same issue, and finding out who did have that wouldnt be easy.

Life is a gamble in everything you buy! Even things you have got before that were good could be bad the next time you get it, you just never know.

I see one word use a lot on this form and many others like it and that word is FREE!!

Everyone want shit for free,,,, well that's not how life works. If you want to play the game buy it ! If you don't then don't , but don't expect it to be free!!
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    A good demo would have done a lot more to hype me than a trailer.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    In general, I think comparing this game to Warframe or Destiny really isn't fair, as those are both shooters with some RPG elements, whereas Anthem is very much an ARPG with shooter elements. Destiny is all about the guns, Warframe is a mix of weapons and abilities, and Anthem is all about abilities with guns as more of a damage 'filler'. If anything I'd compare Anthem to Hellgate: London and / or Tabula Rasa, both of which are games I loved despite their faults.

OK, well I'm hyped and can't wait to get stuck in. I doubt it'll be a long term game but only maniacs want to play the same thing forever so....

Me too. First EA game I've bought in at least five years; that's how much fun the demo was for me. Figure if I get a hundred hours out of it, it's money well spent.

Talahar said:

Had loads of fun in the demo, and I feel I've done enough research by now to justify my preorder.

Also, the order of javelins in the trailer will be the order I'll unlock mine in the game.

I'll be going Colossus, Storm, Ranger, Interceptor. They were all fun, but Colossus has a bigass shield, missiles, and a minigun.

Colossus all the way for me. I got to try them all out in the demo in different accounts. The in your face gameplay of the Colossus was faaaar better than I thought it would be. It's crap until you get those proper Colossus mods but once you have them it's tank city.. and not just 'tanking'.. you feel like an actual massive tank.

Love it, I'll probably only play the other Javs if there's some kind of achievement for it.

Ranger was fun, I enjoyed the in and out gameplay and the laser was awesome. Players choice; versatile. My second favourite.

Interceptor was fun but only in short bursts. You can't hang around too long in close range and have to get out after you've popped off your skills. Then you have to hang back for a bit before you can go full on again. 

Storm was my least favourite. It's powerful.. probably the most powerful, technically speaking... but I was a bit bored just standing or hovering at the back nuking things.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Talahar said:

I'm wit chew guys here. I still play HGL lol
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    They could've done with some original music for their trailer. Could've sworn Sarah Schachner was the composer for this game. If I'm rating the trailer alone, it's a 5/10 at best. It's synched to the music, but the music is a miss.

I'll probably pass, as it's a looter shooter, and it's usually the looting that they'll get wrong.
  • SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Preordered the game, played the demo.

It was meh. Nothing really cool about the game other than you could fly around, which was more of a gimmick/novelty, the "Wow cool" factor wore off within a few minutes.

The game was pretty lame honestly, it just felt like I was playing a concept/tech demo and not an actual game. There were so many basic features that just didn't exist and they don't plan on adding to the game (probably ever, honestly) until "some time after launch hopefully."

Thank god I got to play the demo, I cancelled my pre order. I wouldn't touch this game for at least a year after it's been out, it's nowhere near being completed or ready to be released.
    Gdemami

imageimageimageimage