Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logitech G432 and G935 Gaming Headset Combined Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLogitech G432 and G935 Gaming Headset Combined Review - MMORPG.com

Not long ago, I had the privilege of reviewing Logitech’s new HERO series mice, the PRO G, PRO G Wired, and G502 HERO. Today, we’re looking at their latest and greatest in the way of headsets with the G432 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset and the G935 Wireless LIGHTSYNC Gaming Headset. Do they bring your game to the next level of awesome? Find out in our full review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Argh...I got the G933s not too long ago. Looks like a ebay sell and upgrade may have to happen.
  • TablixTablix Member UncommonPosts: 51
    OK several points of contention. You make an audio comparison between the mic's, the 2nd (more expensive headset) set of audio is played MUCH louder, this is known and proven sales technique in the audio industry, louder is better, thus persuading the potential consumer to spend that bit more.

Also in the tech specs you give loads of fancy jargon like the driver size and frequency response, but you neglect to mention THD, or Total Harmonic Distortion.

Just wanted to make some pointers to those potentially naive purchasers that may not think beyond the advert for an over priced consumer driven "toy".

If you want to spend you hard earned money on sound then do your research, that is my advice.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Tablix said:

OK several points of contention. You make an audio comparison between the mic's, the 2nd (more expensive headset) set of audio is played MUCH louder, this is known and proven sales technique in the audio industry, louder is better, thus persuading the potential consumer to spend that bit more.

Also in the tech specs you give loads of fancy jargon like the driver size and frequency response, but you neglect to mention THD, or Total Harmonic Distortion.

Just wanted to make some pointers to those potentially naive purchasers that may not think beyond the advert for an over priced consumer driven "toy".

If you want to spend you hard earned money on sound then do your research, that is my advice.

Chris would have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure he just recorded at the default volume after plugging it in. The specs are also what Logitech provides, so that's not something they seem to be sharing.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Not long ago, I had the privilege of reviewing Logitech’s new HERO series mice, the PRO G, PRO G Wired, and G502 HERO.

Would have been great if you'd give a link to this, I would have liked to read it.
  • TablixTablix Member UncommonPosts: 51
    I really didnt want to attack the original tester/author more offer some advice to the casual reader. I was just trying to make readers question details, and learn before they buy. I dont want anyone to go out and spend a chunk of cash and be disappointed or even ripped off. I cannot comment on the actual product as I have no review sample on offer, so I have to take the reviewers impressions and use them as a "part" of my decision making process. I was just trying to guide potential consumers to research a little, so they know what they are buying and if it is fair investment for themselves.

For all I know these headsets could be amazing quality and very good value, but without actually testing them myself I will never know. With any product that is dependent on comfort and personal preferance (much like a car) I recommend people look for a vendor with an excellent returns policy if they cannot actually test them in person before buying.
  • Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    i recorded both microphones at the standard base level in audacity and was not trying to change my voice at all. I talked the same into both microphones. I personally thought the mic was clearer and caught better on the g935 myself.
  • waffleflopperwaffleflopper Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited February 2019

Tablix said:

I really didnt want to attack the original tester/author more offer some advice to the casual reader. I was just trying to make readers question details, and learn before they buy. I dont want anyone to go out and spend a chunk of cash and be disappointed or even ripped off. I cannot comment on the actual product as I have no review sample on offer, so I have to take the reviewers impressions and use them as a "part" of my decision making process. I was just trying to guide potential consumers to research a little, so they know what they are buying and if it is fair investment for themselves.

For all I know these headsets could be amazing quality and very good value, but without actually testing them myself I will never know. With any product that is dependent on comfort and personal preferance (much like a car) I recommend people look for a vendor with an excellent returns policy if they cannot actually test them in person before buying.

I honestly don't know a single person who reads a single review on a website and then goes 'well that's it, I'm spending $100+ on this product'. The overwhelming majority of people will read more than one review, or at least the highlights of it, and see if reviews are positive for the most part.

No matter the product you should always shop for a good return policy because it's a sign of a company that believes in their product.

Tablix said:

These aren't ads. We aren't paid by the companies to write these reviews and most of us are volunteer writers - there's no reason for us to be an advertising mouthpiece for a company. It's not so hard to believe that it's a good product, he liked it, and the review reflects that - is it?