Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any race any faction

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,085
edited February 5 in Elder Scrolls Online
Is there a token for such a thing and how much does it cost? I don't care about AD or EP that much, yet I'd like to play my mer on DC side. Gotta love those pirates / smugglers. Reminds me of Ixalan, good times.

Comments

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,085
    Nothing?

So I'm restricted to races that are in Alliances? Because I read that there was a thingie that allowed you to play as any race in any Alliance. But I'm unsure whether that is a part of sub or not.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 468
    edited February 5
    in the crown store there is a way to get any race any faction... I know because I have it.

actually I got it for buying special edition, but I have seen the ability to get it in crown store too.

good luck!

oh, I will up date this if I find it before Iselin posts it.

Sz  :)
    Octagon7711
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,031
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

So I'm restricted to races that are in Alliances? Because I read that there was a thingie that allowed you to play as any race in any Alliance. But I'm unsure whether that is a part of sub or not.
    What Saunz said, you can buy it in the store.

I got it from buying one of the earlier packages that offered all races all factions because it seemed silly to play an Elder Scrolls game with limited choice.
    GorweOctagon7711RemyVorender

edited February 5
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

I got it from buying one of the earlier packages that offered all races all factions because it seemed silly to play an Elder Scrolls game with limited choice.

iono… I may have been mistaken?  I just went an looked and can't find it.  But I'm not good at looking.

I saw the Imperial Edition for like 1200 crowns, but it didn't specifically say the all race/class thing.

I hope it is in there somewhere... this could be tragic.

Gorwe
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

iono… I may have been mistaken?  I just went an looked and can't find it.  But I'm not good at looking.

I saw the Imperial Edition for like 1200 crowns, but it didn't specifically say the all race/class thing.

Beyond tragic. I hope that @Iselin will provide some useful intel.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,900
    edited February 5
    Gorwe said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

It's hard to find these days because they bundled it and is no longer available just by itself. It's now part of "The Adventurer's Pack" for 1900 crowns.

EDIT: Just to avoid confusion in case you don't know, "any race" does not mean "all races." The Imperial race is a different upgrade that's part of the "Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade"

Historically as I recall, any race any faction was the pre-order bonus and the Imperial race was part of the special edition that also included a white horse.

Honestly at this point in time they should probably bundle both together for ~ 1500 crowns but there are a lot of things in the crown store that I find weird and overpriced.
    Post edited by Iselin on
    GorweOctagon7711
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

per Iselin's info:

Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

per Iselin's info:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/crownstore/item/39 

Iselin ALWAYS comes through. I think he spec's into Knowing Everything.

Iselin
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

per Iselin's info:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/crownstore/item/39 

Iselin ALWAYS comes through. I think he spec's into Knowing Everything.

Enjoy my memory while I still have it... now where did I put my Ovaltine?
    SovrathOctagon7711RueTheWhirl
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    edited February 5
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

It's hard to find these days because they bundled it and is no longer available just by itself. It's now part of "The Adventurer's Pack" for 1900 crowns.

EDIT: Just to avoid confusion in case you don't know, "any race" does not mean "all races." The Imperial race is a different upgrade that's part of the "Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade"

Historically as I recall, any race any faction was the pre-order bonus and the Imperial race was part of the special edition that also included a white horse.

Honestly at this point in time they should probably bundle both together for ~ 1500 crowns but there are a lot of things in the crown store that I find weird and overpriced.
    So, 20$? Kinda pricey if you ask me. It's worth ~10$ imo.

Regardless, thanks. You're awesome!
    edited February 5
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

It's also not as big of a deal as it used to be before One Tamriel. Before that you just could not have a level 1 Dunner for example, level in the AD zones unless you had any race any faction. Now you can go anywhere.

The only significant PvE difference is that you still need to do the main quest in the Harborage location for your alliance as well as the Fighter's and Mage's guild quests have to be done in your alliance's locations (I think.)

And of course it makes a difference for PvP.
    Torval
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    edited February 5
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

It's also not as big of a deal as it used to be before One Tamriel. Before that you just could not have a level 1 Dunner for example, level in the AD zones unless you had any race any faction. Now you can go anywhere.

The only significant PvE difference is that you still need to do the main quest in the Harborage location for your alliance as well as the Fighter's and Mage's guild quests have to be done in your alliance's locations (I think.)

How about the main quests? Some early main quests, mostly EP, just bore me to tears. Just a typical "kingdom under fire" crap. AD and DC are much better imo. Especially the diplomacy / piracy part of DC.

What do I actually get for that token if I can simply go to Morrowind or Black Marsh as a Redguard and level there? The only possibilities are the main story of Alliances and the PvP (and the possible Kill on Sight interaction with that Alliance's guards).
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Nothing?

How about the main quests? Some early main quests, mostly EP, just bore me to tears. Just a typical "kingdom under fire" crap. AD and DC are much better imo. Especially the diplomacy / piracy part of DC.

What do I actually get for that token if I can simply go to Morrowind or Black Marsh as a Redguard and level there? The only possibilities are the main story of Alliances and the PvP (and the possible Kill on Sight interaction with that Alliance's guards).
    The main faction story quest for whichever alliance you decide to do doesn't care which alliance you actually belong to.

You just need to know where to start it and that's always the first city for that alliance - the city with its wayshrine already unlocked as soon as you exit the tutorial.

TorvalGorwe
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Speaking of which.. If I wanna do the main storyline part which Shrine can I use if I started out in Summerset? 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,837
    I know I only had access to the vampire quest underground zone of my original faction.  Probably the same for WW.  Questing through all the zones at the same time can get confusing.  Prophet still manages to find me when he needs me, NPCs still popup for the DLCs and expansion missions.

The new guide showing what's unfinished in a zone should come in handy.  As does the mini map app showing all the shard locations.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Speaking of which.. If I wanna do the main storyline part which Shrine can I use if I started out in Summerset? 
    Vulkhel Guard for AD, Davon's Watch for EP and Daggerfal for DC. 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,280
    Imperials can be any faction. This does require the Imperial edition upgrade (or the Imperial edition but these are rare nowadays.)
    gervaise1 said:
    Imperials can be any faction. This does require the Imperial edition upgrade (or the Imperial edition but these are rare nowadays.)
    Once upon a time that used to be the only AD tanking race for those who didn't have any race any faction but had the Imperial.
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,657
    Iselin said:
    I always try to start in another faction, even on their races and somehow always end up in VG doing tasks for her royal hotness. :D
    Iselin
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
    edited February 6
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    I always try to start in another faction, even on their races and somehow always end up in VG doing tasks for her royal hotness. :D
    I've had characters in other alliances but right now my roster of misfits is all AD. It's not just loyalty to Kate Ayrenn, when I'm trying unusual builds I sort of measure myself against my memory of how other more optimal builds handled the same exact content.

And for those of you who might not know what Torval and I are going on about, it's only her voice in the game but this is Queen Ayrenn:

Torval
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    edited February 6
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    I've had characters in other alliances but right now my roster of misfits is all AD. It's not just loyalty to Kate Ayrenn, when I'm trying unusual builds I sort of measure myself against my memory of how other more optimal builds handled the same exact content.

And for those of you who might not know what Torval and I are going on about, it's only her voice in the game but this is Queen Ayrenn:

Well, that's certainly why all my Dark Elves start in Aldmeri Dominion.

I always picture Queen Ayrenn as Kate Beckinsale. It's just better that way.

So...there's no point in purchasing that macguffin except for PvP? How about the Kill on Sight and guards?
    Gorwe said:
    So...there's no point in purchasing that macguffin except for PvP? How about the Kill on Sight and guards?
    There is no kill on sight. The guards only care if they catch you stealing, breaking and entering or murdering a citizen. What happens in Cyrodiil stays in Cyrodiil.
    Gorwe
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    edited February 6
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    There is no kill on sight. The guards only care if they catch you stealing, breaking and entering or murdering a citizen. What happens in Cyrodiil stays in Cyrodiil.
    They really went with uncommon sense, didn't they? This change simply has to be Tamriel Unlimited related.

To summarize, if I don't want to play as my starting Alliance, I can simply walk to the starter area of another and start from there? Like nothing happened? Even as a brand new player? Hence that macguffin being only important for PvP(like I care about that, hah!).
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    They really went with uncommon sense, didn't they? This change simply has to be Tamriel Unlimited related.

To summarize, if I don't want to play as my starting Alliance, I can simply walk to the starter area of another and start from there? Like nothing happened? Even as a brand new player? Hence that macguffin being only important for PvP(like I care about that, hah!).
    The original plan was to make it all alliance-locked like DAoC was but they got a lot of push back from TES fans who wanted it like it is now. They gave in in stages once they realized the RvR players who cared about the alliance separation were a small minority (myself included.)

Cyrodiil is the only place where that exists now and there are even some players still pushing to have a PvE version of Cyrodiil they can go to.

There are still a lot of PvE story lines that refer to the alliance war and some invasions in almost all PvE zones from the other alliances that play out as PvE encounters. They make little sense in the context of the ability to go anywhere at any time after One Tamriel.

The players got what they wanted and this is the result.
    mmolou
    ― CD PROJEKT RED