Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online Showcases the Game for a 2019 Audience

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,494
edited January 30 in Videos Discussion

imageEVE Online Showcases the Game for a 2019 Audience

CCP Games has released a brand new EVE Online trailer for a 2019 audience. The video showcases tons of in-game content, the updated graphics, highlights the free to play aspects, massive battles and much more. EVE fan or not, this one's impressive. Check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Eve's videos have always been exciting and bad ass. Exactly the opposite of the actual game.
    Pher0ciousLeiHngWeiEponyxDamorGdemamidoomexfoxgirlKooturLackingMMOReveriellekinkyJalepenoand 1 other.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember EpicPosts: 4,813
    I would love to get into Eve. I have tried so many times. Maybe it's just too complicated for me, but it's just intense how much information is just spewed at you, and how much you have to physically look up just to understand the path you want to take for research.
    AmatheXodicKootur
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Are they still trying to sell this to new players? When they do nothing for new players. The same boring tutorial agent missions since forever.
    LeiHngWeiGdemamiNycteliosKooturMr.Gutsy
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,121
    I love EVE so much and my time there blasting space ships and peoples dreams into space dust.  The videos though much like the Atlas trailer really should have a disclaimer that it does not represent gameplay but an RP look at the game
    Haki883domSharnePanserbjorne39KooturkinkyJalepenoloukos
  • 3dom3dom MordorMember RarePosts: 495
    All they have to do to get me back into the game is to re-animate captain quarters. All they have to do to make me stay for another 5-7 years - expand captain quarters functionality.
    itchmon

Thank you for your time!

• kryntokkryntok Lubbock, TXMember UncommonPosts: 55
    off topic, but does anyone remember earth and beyond? I enjoyed that more then I did EVE
    raduusschruppSandmanjwitchmonTacticalZombeh
  • t0nydt0nyd Evansville, INMember UncommonPosts: 486
    I love the thought of Eve but I have issues playing it. I feel like I'm just flailing about most of the time. Usually all end up joining a corporation and focus on small gang PVP. It's fun for a while but then I lose interest. There's so many things about this game that I want to like.

Some of the ship designs, a lot of the ship designs have a pretty ugly appearance. Obviously this is superficial, I get that, but when I watch Star trek, Battlestar, Star Wars, basically any space sci-fi, it's about the ships for me. I love looking at the ships. For the most part I just can't say the same with Eve. Don't get me wrong there are some cool looking ships. The Caracal says it all for me. How long has that ugly fucking ship been in this game. Why aren't there more options. With as long as this game's been out, new tier 1 ships I would have thought would be a priority.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 688
    EVE Online is proably one of the most exciting MMOs to talk about ... But one of the most boring to actually play. That said, I have tons of fond memories from the game, however, compared to the sheer number of hours put into the game they pale in comparison to the massive amount of time spent on logistics, planning, hauling, and setting up.

I fear for CCP in the coming years. EVE isn't aging well and their other projects haven't faired well.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Grandville, MIMember UncommonPosts: 44
    I like the dream of Eve, even played it for a bit. Their character creator is one of my favourites ever. But the reality of Eve is a stark nightmare. You go into it a newbie and you might as well sit in nulsec and walk away lol.

(some of this was tongue-in-cheek, calm down). :P
  • AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,398
    This game looks awesome to me. But I have always been scared to play it because it seems like you could invest massive amounts of time, only to have someone blow you and everything you have to smithereens. 
    TacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 3,063
    Eve's videos have always been exciting and bad ass. Exactly the opposite of the actual game.

foxgirl
    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
    edited January 30
    The video above is the sole reason I played it for years.

Edit to add: Now on topic: I wonder how much time until it becomes fully F2P with some sort of VIP access.
    Post edited by Nyctelios on
    Gdemami
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,762
    I, too, would love to get into EVE.  There's just too many challenges for my vision, though.  At least make the UI fontsize user selected, especially the Outliner.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    I, too, would love to get into EVE.  There's just too many challenges for my vision, though.  At least make the UI fontsize user selected, especially the Outliner.

You can customize most of it's font size and collors and what you can't there are some scripts to expand upon that, which were legal when I played. Most of them are to make targets clearer and such.
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember EpicPosts: 2,762
    Nyctelios said:
    Mendel said:

You can customize most of it's font size and collors and what you can't there are some scripts to expand upon that, which were legal when I played. Most of them are to make targets clearer and such.
    It wasn't an ability to resize the Organizer last time I tried to jump in on a trial week.  (circa. June-July (?) last year)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,121

Amathe said:

This game looks awesome to me. But I have always been scared to play it because it seems like you could invest massive amounts of time, only to have someone blow you and everything you have to smithereens. 

Would not worry about that so much as the key to remember is to never fly what you cannot afford to lose.

EVE is a very cerebral game and takes a lot of thought and research to really get into it. You also cannot be to ADHD to play as you need to concentrate on something and become proficient at it. If you try to be a pirate, an industrialist, a miner, and a worm hole explorer then you are not going to have a good time.

Pick any direction you want to go and go but stay on track. There are several good newbie corps that will help out as well. People can be friendly but it is a game where being social matters. There are crooks and scammers for sure but also many good people as well who just want to have fun.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Seattle, WAMember RarePosts: 1,584
    Suicide Ganking still exist? Then no thank you!
    TacticalZombeh
    Real Fans of Chess don't get bored!
    Real Fans of Soccer don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of Baseball don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of MMORPGs don’t get bored!
    What's your excuse?
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Austin, TXMember EpicPosts: 2,158
    As someone who has played EVE for fourteen years, let me put it this way:

EVE is 95% boredom and hanging out with your friends, corp mates on comms and doing things you'd rather not doing.

EVE is also 5% sheer heart pounding exhilaration like you will experience in very very few other games you've ever played.

However, if you've got good friends to play the game with, and don't mind doing a few tedious tasks, then the good parts make up for the bad parts, even if the "bad" parts take up more of your play time.

Also, let me just say that EVE has so many quality of life improvements, that you'll often find yourself asking "Why doesn't the current MMO I play do it this way, this makes way more sense!"
    parrotpholkEponyxDamoritchmon
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 50
    edited January 31
    Their videos always make me desire to play, but then I remember it is PvP. It is such a immersive looking game. So glad went it went free to play so I could just dabble time to time. I wouldn't invest real $ into it because of the PvP but it can still be fun.
    Post edited by foppotee on
  • KooturKootur Lynchburg, VAMember UncommonPosts: 312
    This game is so hard to learn.
    H0urg1ass
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Austin, TXMember EpicPosts: 2,158
    Kootur said:
    This game is so hard to learn.
    Don't attempt to learn EVE on your own.  The best thing to do in EVE is quickly find an organization to join.  One that's been around for a couple of years and know what they're doing.

Solo EVE has to be one of the worst gaming experiences.
    Gdemami13lakeitchmon
  • BobVaBobVa SomwhereMember UncommonPosts: 44
    edited January 31

I just logged in just to tell you how wrong you are. I've basically experienced some of the things showed in this video and I played 3 months in total I believe.

Eve, definitely is not a game for you nor for the ones which liked your comment. This is not your typical tab targeting MMO, where you press 1-2-1-3 and your target is death, and that's the reason why Eve can't be played and enjoyed by .. a larger audience. In the end is fine , Eve stands on his own.
    Post edited by BobVa on
  • MyrradahMyrradah Portland, ORMember UncommonPosts: 82

EVE Online is proably one of the most exciting MMOs to talk about ... But one of the most boring to actually play. That said, I have tons of fond memories from the game, however, compared to the sheer number of hours put into the game they pale in comparison to the massive amount of time spent on logistics, planning, hauling, and setting up.

I fear for CCP in the coming years. EVE isn't aging well and their other projects haven't faired well.

CCP games was bought by Pearl Abyss.
  • ReverielleReverielle AustraliMember UncommonPosts: 104
    It's a great video. EVE no doubt is a beautiful game, and it can be a lot of fun. It just seems so hard to make friends there. And playing solo PvE the universe can be really lonely.
  • AlennaAlenna DobrichMember UncommonPosts: 114
    Myrradah said:

CCP games was bought by Pearl Abyss.
    Memory Fragments for faster skill research inc.