Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com EXPOSED - MMORPG.com

12346»

Comments

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,718
    I have been known to give the staff here, including writers and even the Editor ( Suzie's my BAE though ), guff and some harsh criticism from time to time. Most times it's simply a difference of opinion, sometimes it's because I feel they got the latest writer from the bargain bin at Staples. But I've always loved this site, for the good and the bad. And I've come to love the community here (mostly).

So, what am I trying to say?

Shit happens, move on.
    SBFordEponyxDamorHatefull

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 240
    "If your actions are such that you don’t want news sites to report them, why did you take them?"

Haha wauw im glad I didn't read that whole sobstory, it ends with blaming the reader hahaha
    MadFrenchie
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Yes, thank you. This article wasn't necessary, your readers know and trust you. I missed the original kerfluffle(love this word!) but read most of the thread that was posted above. ANY dev who has that reaction to coverage when the article is based on current information is hiding something. I've been to PCGamer prolly 4-5 times, mostly because they had some good guides for that Switch Zelda game that google handed me. I don't read their articles. Been here since 2006 and only post when I have something to add to the conversation. In this case, I'd like to add my support for Tim, Suzie and the rest of the gang I've come to know, even if I don't always agree with them.
    GdemamiMrMelGibson

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,930
    Scellow said:
    nice, you start to remove comments too ;)

"I always knew this website was corrupted"
    Your original comment is still there.. what are you talking about?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,256
    Scellow said:
    nice, you start to remove comments too ;)

"I always knew this website was corrupted"
    Your original comment is still there.. what are you talking about?
    Shhhh, if you say that out loud his tinfoil hat falls off.
    MendelTacticalZombehMrMelGibsonMadFrenchieblueturtle13

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,221
    Not enough lead in to this article to explain WTF it's actually about or what prompted it. If Real Life® had you busy, you might have missed it. Tim's work is usually pretty decent but this piece has confused the hell out of me.
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 1,859
    edited February 1
    *delete*

Nope.

Post edited by NorseGod on
    Gdemami
    Come home, North Man.
    edited February 1
    *delete*

Post edited by NorseGod on
    Come home, North Man.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,498
    Quizzical said:
    Lokero said:
    Quizzical said:
    What led to this article? It sounds like you posted something, got blasted for it in the comments (because that's what happens when you post things on the Internet), and are now all defensive about it.
    MassivelyOP posted a similar article, awarding CoE the "MMO with the stormiest future" award.

Caspian threw a tantrum and banished both sites from his kingdom.
    If this whole article is in response to one developer not liking one article that you wrote, then you need a thicker skin.  I hope that's not the case.
    If you've been following this mini-saga from the start - Tim's original article, Caspian's reaction, etc., you'd know that it has nothing to do with skin thickness.

The remarkable part for me was that Caspian in his snit actually came out and publicly said what other more professional game studios never say but really want: that the gaming media be fawning fan boys or they will pressure them by withholding invitations, junkets and exclusives if they misbehave.

That's the real story to me: a developer actually came out and said it out loud.

GdemamiNorseGod
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    Iselin said:
    Quizzical said:
    Lokero said:
    Quizzical said:
    What led to this article? It sounds like you posted something, got blasted for it in the comments (because that's what happens when you post things on the Internet), and are now all defensive about it.
    MassivelyOP posted a similar article, awarding CoE the "MMO with the stormiest future" award.

If this whole article is in response to one developer not liking one article that you wrote, then you need a thicker skin.  I hope that's not the case.
    If you've been following this mini-saga from the start - Tim's original article, Caspian's reaction, etc., you'd know that it has nothing to do with skin thickness.

The remarkable part for me was that Caspian in his snit actually came out and publicly said what other more professional game studios never say but really want: that the gaming media be fawning fan boys or they will pressure them by withholding invitations, junkets and exclusives if they misbehave.

That's the real story to me: a developer actually came out and said it out loud.

Is that what this thread was all about? I thought he was generally speaking. I wrote a novel in response.

How awkward....
    Come home, North Man.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,295
    Iselin said:
    Quizzical said:
    Lokero said:
    Quizzical said:

NorseGodGdemamibcbully
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,561
    You guys ALL suck but since it seems you are liking me I can’t leave, now can I?  <3

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    NorseGodSBFordNyctelios
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,498
    Xasapis said:
    Iselin said:
    Quizzical said:
    Lokero said:
    Quizzical said:

Yup. Privately one on one is the way they usually do it. Junkets... all expenses paid trips for exclusive previews or conferences, wining and dining is seductive as hell especially for small youtube "influencers." That's the carrot. Caspian just threatened using the stick.
    GdemamiNorseGodbcbully
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,106
    edited February 1
    Well this is nothing of a surprise,i talk about it all the time.I cannot remember the last time a reviewer has posted "sponsored".This is actually ILLEGAL,and could get that large firm in serious trouble,large fines.
    BTW "sponsored" by law has several forms,one of which is ANY form of financial ties,like given any free products,flown out to studios are all financial gains.

"beware"lol again i mention it all the time and i cannot be persuaded by anyone because i have a very long history and knowledge of game design.I also can tell just by the way people talk,if it sounds like advertising or endorsing,that is EXACTLY what it is.

Many of were in Angry Joe's channel when he was talking out loud describing how he wanted to present his client's game piece by piece.Yet i can't remember the last time he posted sponsored.There was a board game where the owner was in the chat and actually came out and said "it doesn't look like Joe is interested in the game",and he left the channel.Thing is that owner didn't happen to just randomly pop in,he knew an arrangement was in place so wanted to be there.

The bigger picture?This only happens because there is a lot of really naive,not very smart people getting easily duped by a lot of crap marketing.One such case is going on right now Anthem is VERY average and imo below average but it is a large business behind it,able to send out money and bribes all over the internet.

It doesn't even have to be a direct bias,MANY streamers are making money streaming particular games,there is no way in hell they want to jeopardize their financial income and will not say anything bad about those games.

NorseGodGdemamimaskedweasel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,611
    Wizardry said:
    again i mention it all the time and i cannot be persuaded by anyone because i have a very long history and knowledge of game design.I also can tell just by the way people talk,if it sounds like advertising or endorsing,that is EXACTLY what it is.
    ....superpowers!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,369
    "We don’t sit around in low lit rooms smoking cigars made from the fat money we get to shill for big publishers."

We know you don't but that image of the MMORPG.com staff at work will stay in my mind for some time. :D

Phaserlight

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,369
    I do think it would be a good idea if people who had put money into a game do not report on it as a general principle to prevent spurious allegations.

Apart from that lets leave this here, I do not think MMORPG.com has a case to answer, I don't think anyone's integrity has been called into question.

As I don't find fault I must be a co-consirator so it is time for me to partake of one of my big fat cigars and have shot or two of my finest single malt whiskey. :)
    Mendel

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 500
    LOL you guys were exposed back when you were pimping TORtanic, fixing the ESO votes and pushing Pokket as a legitimate game reviewer. But yeah......
    NorseGod
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,835
    Stop posting phone apps!
    You know, there are some really good ones.  A couple MMORPG.com has covered that I would consider among the best video games ever created (born in 1980) include Elder Scrolls Legends and the MMORPG in my signature I've developed an oddly reverent aversion to naming.

Don't believe me?  Here is a list: 

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/your-top-100-games-challenge/75631/219?u=starflightdream

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online

• PpiperPpiper Member UncommonPosts: 984
    I've always loved this site especially when I head to others like Massively which burns my eyes out with it's new design. Anyone who reviews a game, be it a staff memeber or user, I take with a grain of salt. Every review is an opinion, that's all. Over the years, this site has gone from an immature bastion of moronic dolts to a much more measured and mature set of users who for the most part are respectful, intelligent and truly love thier games.
  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,290
    lahnmir said:
    You guys ALL suck but since it seems you are liking me I can’t leave, now can I?  <3

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You just profoundly summed up the current state of online society in one sentence, nicely done. 
    Phaserlightlahnmir
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,561
    TimEisen said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You just profoundly summed up the current state of online society in one sentence, nicely done. 
    And you complimenting my post proves my point even more! I can’t leave, you bastards won’t let me!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...